Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM, San Pedro, Toothpaste

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA
    #3925228 - 03/16/05 01:49 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Man stabbed to death, girlfriend wounded in Washington apartment
March 15, 2005
journalnow.com

SILVERDALE, Wash. (AP) - An Internet romance ended in the stabbing death of a 31-year-old Navy veteran and critical injuries to his 18-year-old girlfriend, and the man's brother in North Carolina said a hallucinogenic drug may be involved.

An autopsy showed Jason A. Blaine died of bleeding from multiple stab wounds, but the sequence of events remained unclear and toxicology tests on Blaine's body could take weeks to complete, Kitsap County sheriff's Deputy Scott E. Wilson said Monday.

"We're classifying this as a suspicious death under violent circumstances," Wilson said.

Bethany Turner, who met Blaine over the Internet and moved in with him last fall after she graduated with honors from Patrick Henry High School in Roanoke, Va., was listed in serious condition in the intensive care unit at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, the deputy said.

Her relatives said she had been stabbed in the neck and underwent two operations.

Blaine, who had no local record of criminal activity, was found dead and Turner critically wounded, both in the kitchen, after neighbors reported arguing and possibly fighting Sunday morning in their unit in The Wellington, an apartment complex behind the Kitsap Mall, Wilson said.

A 20-year-old man who was staying temporarily in the apartment witnessed the violence but is not believed to have been responsible for the death or injury, he added.

According to a lease application Blaine signed before moving into the apartment in June 2003, he served in the Navy, was discharged as a second-class petty officer and most recently worked for the San Diego-based office of Total Resource Management, an information technology consultant.

Michael Blaine of Cameron, N.C., said Sunday his older brother might have taken a large quantity of dextromethorphan, or DXM, and stabbed himself and his girlfriend while in a hallucinogenic state.

He said the family had no statement and would not comment further Monday except to say that his brother was "a good man."

DXM, found in some over-the-counter cold medicine and cough syrup, was among the ingredients cited in warnings issued last year by the Food and Drug Administration for a number of products touted as providing a "safe legal high," including Trip2Night, Invigorate II, Snuffadelic, Liquid Speed, Solar Water, Orange Butterfly, Schoomz and Green Hornet Liquid.

DXM has not been much of a problem in the area, accounting for a handful of cases annually at Harrison Hospital in nearby Bremerton, spokeswoman Patti Hart said.

According to a Justice Department report, reported cases of DXM abuse nationwide rose from 2,523 in 2000 to 4,382 in 2003. Dangers of the drug include impaired judgment and physical senses, psychosis at high doses and liver damage when used in combination with some other drugs found in cold medications, the report said.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA [Re: veggie]
    #3926632 - 03/16/05 06:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why must they insist on blaming the drug instead of the individual's irresponsible and violent actions?

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA [Re: DNKYD]
    #3926728 - 03/16/05 07:03 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

People can't just me crazy anymore, there always has to be some scapegoat. Lots of times it is a drug because it's an easy thing to target.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3930859 - 03/17/05 04:27 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

It's also a disassocitive and not a hallucinogen.

But who cares about knowledge!

Not to mention lack of any implication of dosage, but on many dosages, they wouldn't be too coordinated to do a lot of stabbing :shrug:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineTruth11111
Stranger
Re: DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA [Re: delta9]
    #3986450 - 03/29/05 08:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

this man happened to be my sons stepdad he and my ex split because of his DMX use there maybe more to this story but the abuse of DMX was a factor for sure

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
Re: DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA [Re: Truth11111]
    #3986610 - 03/29/05 08:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

DMX use? Id chalk it up to a mistake if you didnt type it that way twice

and your sons stepdad was dating your ex? What the hell

OfflineTruth11111
Stranger
Re: DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA [Re: Pathos]
    #3987906 - 03/30/05 12:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ya have slight dyslexia problem but seriously he is my ex's ex so that would make him my sons stepfather

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3988058 - 03/30/05 12:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry for the loss. If the substance abuse did have something to do with the stabbing, it's not to blame. He is the one that decided not to use responsibly and he ultimately had to face the consequences.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3989028 - 03/30/05 06:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

> It's also a disassocitive and not a hallucinogen.

Correct, other than spelling. DXM is in the same class of drugs as ketamine, datura, and PCP. It is nothing at all like mushrooms, DMT, mescaline, or LSD. Comparing DXM with a hallucinogen is like comparing mouthwash to toothpaste... they both help fight bad breath, but are completely different in what they do.

> this man happened to be my sons stepdad

I feel for you. I lost a good friend to DXM, so I know what the stuff can do once it gets ahold of a person. I loath DXM, and disocciatives in general, though I am against making/keeping them illegal. Rather than spreading lies and propaganda about drugs, we should be teaching our children (and everybody else) the truth... some drugs are only a little bad while others can really mess you up. It is unfortunate, but everybody involved with this is now another victim of the war on drugs.

Quote:

Dangers of the drug include impaired judgment and physical senses, psychosis at high doses and liver damage when used in combination with some other drugs found in cold medications, the report said.

If taken by itself, the above description could fit alcohol as well.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #3989121 - 03/30/05 08:13 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

mothers lock up your children...

DXM is addictive, DXM can ruin you if you let it, like any other substance.

--------------------

OfflineMystri
Stranger
Re: DXM blamed for death, stabbing in WA [Re: Organic]
    #4006382 - 04/02/05 10:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

A high dose and redosing of DXM was being abused with alcohol in this case. I must say do not believe the reporters that reported this story because they are far from the whole truth. I also heard that Jason was bipolar, but I don't know that for a fact and how much that combined with DXM contributed to his death.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon DXM, San Pedro, Toothpaste

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service