Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Acid 'shallower' than shrooms?
    #3924730 - 03/16/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Yet another 'Acid vs. Shrooms' question, sorry folks...

I tried LSD for the first time a couple of weeks back, and funnily enough, I wasn't impressed. I had three tabs of 'Cambell's Soup' which isn't a major experience or anything but I was getting a lot of visuals, and was definately very high. Anyway, the whole night was basically me spaced out, thinking "??????". Mushrooms usually lead me to higher planes of thought and life-bending conclusions, guiding me through a trip with a sense of awe and magic. Taking acid was like being given a gift that you didn't know what to do with. I had a really good time but felt the trip on the whole was 'shallow'. Even going outside, which on even a small dose of shrooms is a fantastic and amazing adventure, wasn't great in itself. I looked for beauty in nature and found it more in the lights of the city. I found the visuals to be very entertaining and vivid, but like I said, all I could think was "huh?" "uh?" and "???". No life lessons here. Maybe I didn't take a high enough dose.

So does anybody else have a harder time trying to have an enlightened experience on LSD? I'm sure I'll take it again but I feel mushrooms let you connect with the genetic spiritual conscious of our ancient, shroom-eating civilisation, whereas LSD is such a new thing that our minds have no genetic memory to fall back on. I dunno.

I'm just stating how I felt, only done it once so please disagree with me and restore my faith in the possibilities of sub-breakthrough doses of acid. Thoughts anyone?

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineT85
Stranger

Loc: US
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: sam420]
    #3924749 - 03/16/05 08:54 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

LSD is so strange and for me very self-analytical. Also, I also have connection after connection in my mind and almost a 'complete understanding' of everything I think about. My thoughts will be going and going, pumping out perfect conclusion after perfect conclusion. I will then realize that these thoughts and conclusions are being come to everytime the snare drum is hit in a song. I will then realize this also corresponds with the pattern I am seeing on the wall. Then I jump up and get really excited about what just happened. Shrooms are just so different when it comes to my thought process. I love them both though.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3924761 - 03/16/05 08:58 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

for me, its the opposite. i find acid trips to be much more insightful and profound than mushroom trips. maybe i've never done a big enough dose of mushrooms, i don't know. its going to vary depending on the person. different drugs suit different people.

also, i wouldn't judge a drug from a single experience. especially something like LSD.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: alsey]
    #3924858 - 03/16/05 09:44 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

i think this, and you think that.

Offlinesam420
 User Gallery

Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: psikooz]
    #3924872 - 03/16/05 09:51 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Which is why I asked for other people's opinions...

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #3924883 - 03/16/05 09:58 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I get alot more mind-fuck on acid than on mushies.  I can usually function when I'm on mushies, like, carry on a conversation or otherwise interact with the world.

An acid trip usually will just leave me a blubbering ball of conciousness.  I cant seem to talk to people, or carry out normal thought processes in any way.

So yeah, I just realized that had nothing to do w/ what you posted originally, but hey...It brought back some interesting memories. 

:crazy2:

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #3924950 - 03/16/05 10:21 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

acid...well if you took enough you probably wouldent be saying that. Its all about the oneness of everything.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Vulture]
    #3924970 - 03/16/05 10:31 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

yeah acid for me is acid, i feal as it is the ultimate, sounds like you had a low dose, low doses tend to not bend your mind as much as a high dose, sounds like th e doses were really low, 3 hits should have you garkin'

Offlinesam420
 User Gallery

Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Vulture]
    #3925156 - 03/16/05 11:29 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Yeah I guess eating more will help :laugh:

I'm sure it is a mindfuck at high doses but I find mushrooms to be something that can provide great results at small to medium doses.  Next time I do acid I'll wade in a little further.

There was a moment when I was trippin', when I suddenly got the realisation that everything was 'one'.  And not in a naturey sense like mushies but in an all-encompassing, universal sense.  It was cool but lasted about 2 seconds and when I tried to dwell on it, the idea got lost in my head.

It is right to say not to judge a drug from one experience, I'm just keen on finding out who shares my opinions or disagrees... and obviously there is more to acid I have yet to discover :P

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

OfflineBal0n
Shroomer

Loc: the Netherlands
    #3925200 - 03/16/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Well, maybe it's just me, but I consider LSD much more of a "party" drug, a drug to have fun with. Mushrooms is more spiritual and not necessarily fun, but more interesting.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the 'Universe' - a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something seperated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Bal0n]
    #3925607 - 03/16/05 01:35 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

LSD is like a toy that can become a tool, like a firecracker. In lower levels, it's a kids play and creates a lot of fun. In higher levels, with more power - it becomes a powerful tool(dynamite) that demands respect.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflineArchemetis
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Grizzy]
    #3925824 - 03/16/05 02:11 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

acid has always been more spiritual for me...it can take you deep with a good dose.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Archemetis]
    #3927166 - 03/16/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

i figure i've never had enough acid to get as 'deep' as others claim to. i would agree that i find it more shallow; i don't think it touches my soul like mushrooms do. visually i have experienced nearly nothing unusual while on acid, but it seems to just make me extremely analytical.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Invisiblemoeshroom
golden student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3927316 - 03/16/05 07:04 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

i agree with the original poster but also agree that its pointless to make generalizations based on just a few trips. i've taken shrooms dozens of times and have found doses from 2.5-7 grams to be unquestionably spiritual. however my 10 or so acid trips, despite providing fantastic visuals and crippling mindfucks, never triggered comparable euphoria and respect for nature. peace.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3927819 - 03/16/05 08:34 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I find LSD to be just as deep and spiritual as shrooms, if not no moreso.

--------------------

OfflineJdawg2013
 User Gallery

Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: T85]
    #3927855 - 03/16/05 08:38 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

T85 said:
LSD is so ... very self-analytical.

mushrooms = alternate dimension

OfflineSk8orDie
Stranger
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Jdawg2013]
    #3933214 - 03/17/05 10:48 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

On acid, i usually just feel happy and stoned and get really cool visuals (i've done 1 tab twice and 3 tabs once). I usually have a hard time concentrating on anything, space out a lot, and have trouble communicating things but don't feel THAT fucked up. On the other hand when i'm on shrooms (2.5g the first time, 4.5g the second time, and trippin tomorrow) I feel I have the visuals and feel fucked up, but my mind is in a completely different place and thinking completely differently. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: Sk8orDie]
    #3933285 - 03/17/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Acid is more of a fun trippin drug. A drug you can take and just have a good time laughing at stupid shit and have some nice visuals. Shrooms gets me throwin round crazy philosophies, if I'm in that kind of mood at the time. Shrooms are a more profound and significant experience to. The only thing I got out of my acid trip is a funny memory and this purple glow I see everynow and then when I'm high. Oh yeah, ever since I did acid, I get alot higher when I smoke weed.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinemushroomviking
Electric WhiskerButton

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: MeThoD]
    #3933393 - 03/17/05 11:44 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

hmm i've noticed I get a lot higher after trying hallucinogenic drugs in general.

Acid for me feels very... electric, whereas mushrooms feels very earthly.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Acid 'shallower' than shrooms? [Re: mushroomviking]
    #3934110 - 03/18/05 05:03 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

my two good friends and i had a huge trip the first time we got acid (being our first ever hallucinogen experience. since then, we've had doses of one or two tabs and haven't felt anything near the intensity of the first trip, or any other mushroom trip.

we're planning to get 15 tabs and have 5 each this weekend to see if a larger dose will fill our expectations. does anyone think this is a bad idea?

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract