Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
conforum
    #3924896 - 03/16/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

okay so you all know that recently i pierced my nose.. I'm 21 years old and my mom and dad tell me last night that they don't know who I am anymore.... Because of the things I have done lately like smoking pot piercing my nose not going to church every Sunday and other stuff.. They are very southern baptist people and are Hippocrates..... They now tell me that they don't want anything t do with my life and that I'm not apart of the family anymore until I change... So basically I tell them to fuck off I am who I am and its wrong for them to expect me to change.... SO I tell my best friend that lives here in Dallas and expect him to understand why I'm soo hurt and that I don't want to be fake anymore because I have been my whole life ..... and he has the nerve to tell me well maybe you should start going to Church and take out your nose ring .... O M FUCKING G.. Out of everyone n he world I thought he would understand but he just took their side.... I don't know I have fought so hard to bring the real me out and bury the fake me but now I am wondering if I'm just being hard headed and stupid.... Maybe I should change....

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: conforum [Re: KristiMidocean]
    #3924918 - 03/16/05 12:09 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It is very hard to be yourself when being yourself isn't what a normal person expects. I've tried to stay true to myself and it is hard, but very rewarding knowing that you're not fake. Luckily my mom supports me, but my wifes family doesn't support her at all. It's best to try and have rational talks with your parents but sometimes it's hard to be rational with the irrational. Let them know how hurt you are, they should love you no matter what, that's part of the unconditional love of a family. There are some great articles about stuff like this at http://www.bmezine.com good luck.

Invisiblemoog
Stranger

#3924989 - 03/16/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You have to tell your parents that you're not the person they thought you were. They probably conjured up some image of a perfect daughter that they want you to fit into. That's just not reasonable. You're your own person with your own beliefs and opinions. You have to let them know that, and at the same time let them know that just because  you have different views on things than they do, doesn't mean it somehow breaks your family ties. When you're talking to your family, try to stay as calm as possible. Don't raise your voice or go ballistic on them. This will show that you're mature, and if they are the ones freaking out then they are the immature ones.

Please don't change for other people. You'll be much happier in the long run if you stay true to yourself and what you believe in.  :heart:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3925027 - 03/16/05 12:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I was typing out something longer, then I figured this would be better: fuck them, fuck them all. Do what you want, you are not a child. Also, I would move out of jesus land, that's just me though.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleEvilEwok
Stranger
Re: conforum [Re: gdman]
    #3925107 - 03/16/05 01:13 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Keep the pot. Lose the church and nose ring. :thumbup:

--------------------
Now go Home.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3925168 - 03/16/05 01:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Feed your parents lsd.

I am glad my parents used to be hippies.  Theyt dont care me and my sister smoke pot :smile:.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #3925211 - 03/16/05 01:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Do what you will, and let your parents think what they will. If they're genuinely loving, they will accept you for yourself.

BTW, I think you mean "hypocrites" not Hippocrates, the Greek father of medicine.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

InvisibletrendalM
point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3925242 - 03/16/05 01:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It will be difficult...but I think you should always go with your heart. If this is who you are, then this is who you are. Your parent's cannot change that, and if you bow in submission you are only going to set yourself up for a lifetime of self-denile and loathing. You will probably end up with an MUCH worse relationship with your parents, as you will resent the fact that they forced you to be someone you aren't.

Be who you are. Your parents will either respect that, or they won't...but you can't change them any more than they can change you.

--------------------
You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: conforum [Re: trendal]
    #3928167 - 03/16/05 11:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the kind words trendal! thats really good advise.. thank you all

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub