Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineT85
Stranger

Loc: US
Very scary...
    #3924705 - 03/16/05 10:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone - I want to share an experience I had yesterday, probably the most terrifying and terrible thing to happen to me. A little background...a person in my circle of friends had several doses of 5-meo DMT, so I aquired some. After experiencing this drug I was blown away, its a very very powerful one. While it was intense, it was nothing I didn't manage and ultimately enjoyed my experience quite a lot. Most of my friends have tried it either before my time or shortly after. The scary part... Yesterday my friend wanted to try and had a dose to smoke. He asked if I would sit him and make sure everything went ok. He sat on my couch and inhaled a large hit or two. Seconds after he inhaled I knew something was wrong. He fell back and his eyes sort of rolled into the back of his head. I could tell he was having trouble breathing so I tried to get him fixed. At this point he started shaking, almost as if he was having a seizure, which he may have been. I really started panicking and was yelling my friends name. He began to cough and vomit, I saw he was choking on himself and rolled him on his side trying to get him to breath/vomit it all out. At this point I have puke all over me, and he has it all over him. Now he falls off the couch, still having trouble breathing and still vomiting. His eyes are closed at this point and he's screaming with awful sounds. He begins to throw up some more and is again choking on his vomit. I get him on his side again but he rolls over and hits his head on the wall. I get him up and try to keep him awake, and functioning. Finally he began to come down and everything ended up being ok. He remembers only inhaling it, it becoming very out of control visually, and then a blackout. When he came back to our world he had no reccollection of smoking it until I told him. I'm just glad I was sitting for him or it could have turned out a lot worse, a lot worse.

I post this for several reasons. One is to tell everyone to BE FUCKING CAREFUL, you never know what could happen. Literally all of my friends have tried this, and this has only occured the single time. Two is to ask if anyone has any idea as to what may have happened, I'd really like to know. I've been scared shitless since this happened but am very happy everything is ok now. I'm just simply shocked.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: Very scary... [Re: T85]
    #3924714 - 03/16/05 10:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm so glad you were there! He could have easily died if he choked on vomit. You should recommend that your friend stop using DMT if it's gonna give him seizures. Wow, that's harsh.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
Re: Very scary... [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3924722 - 03/16/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Possibly allergic reaction? Just conjecture, I'm sure you've entertained the thought.

--------------------
delta9

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Very scary... [Re: delta9]
    #3924751 - 03/16/05 10:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

read some of the trip reports in the 5meodmt entry of TIHKAL (& elsewhere on the net) --- the possibilities for a number of unpleasant reactions to "cohobine" are quite real...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Very scary... [Re: gnrm23]
    #3924777 - 03/16/05 11:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

(with an unknown but large amount, smoked) I observed the subject pass very quickly into an almost coma-like state. Within seconds his face became purple and his breathing stopped. I pounded his chest, and breathed for him, and he seemed to emerge in consciousness, with the comment, "This is absolute ecstasy." He stopped breathing a second time, and both heart massage and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation was provided. Again, he recovered and managed to maintain a continuing consciousness and achieve a partial recovery. In the awake condition he was increasingly lucid, but on closing his eyes he became possessed with, what he called, "The energy of terror." He could not sleep, as upon closing his eyes he felt threatened in a way he could not tolerate. Three days later, medical intervention with antipsychotic medication was provided, which allowed the recovery of an acceptable behavior pattern in a few more days.

~

"bee vewwy vewwy carefull out dayah, folksies"
\

oh, & DMT ain't the same as 5meodmt, mmmkay?

(soooo - 2yrs ago, a fella had an adverse reaction to 5meodipt - had ingested maybe 16 mg & not much was happening, so a pinch (maybe 8 mg) was loaded into a bowl & smoked... WHAMBO---> stomach churniug visibly, followed by forcibly expelled vomitus (& he'd eaten a number of hot dogs for lunch) oout the mouth & nose, & generally that "nobody-home" kinda look for the next few minutes, while we sorta cleaned him up, made sure his breating passageways were unobstructed, & maybe put some baking soda or woodchips or something on the floor... & covered him with a blanket for a couple minutes (cold, cold") - & then he was OK, asking WTF just happened - & quickly ready to go back out & join the party, sheesh...)

ymmv.....................

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineT85
Stranger

Loc: US
Re: Very scary... [Re: gnrm23]
    #3924789 - 03/16/05 11:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the posts people. I know DMT and 5meoDMT are different. Both the experience you copied over and your 5meodipt experience sound pretty similar. It's simply key to know that even on an equal dose people can react complete different, it sounds obvious but its somethign we all overlook sometimes I'm sure...at least we did it looks like. The friend this happened to is also quite experienced when it comes to these things, but that doesn't mean shit sometimes. This is a big eye-opener for me, my friend, and many other friends I've told. Sometimes even when you think your being careful, the precautions are just not enough. At least this was a lesson learned without anyone getting permenantly or seriously injured. Big reminder to always have a sitter.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
    #3925399 - 03/16/05 02:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"I saw he was choking on himself and rolled him on his side trying to get him to breath/vomit it all out."

You did the perfect thing there.
Additionally, let me point out that the best position for breathing is sitting and leaning forward.(sitting is probably not possible in this case, but you can imagine a body leaning forward, you can try to position him while he's on his side so that instead of being "straight", he's bent forward a bit.)

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Very scary... [Re: Grizzy]
    #3925459 - 03/16/05 02:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Shit that's intense. Must of been more of a trip for You than him.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3926277 - 03/16/05 05:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

This is a prime example of why you start at a very low dose and progress from there. Your friend probably owes his life to the fact that you were sitting for him.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience