Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Am I Ready?
    #3924575 - 03/16/05 07:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok I think I've gone out and bought everything (minus the Pressure Cooker Canner, they're a little hard to find so i'm gonna use a huge crock pot with a pyrex lid). I got a John Allen Strain Spore Print in the fridge, 80 x 18 Guauge Syringes are on their way in mail and also a digital thermometer/hydrometer (hygrometer) that i got from ebay is on it's way. Anything else you guys can think of (i got the basics like Gaf Tape, Foil, kettle etc)? Cheers  :rasta:

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineElectric305
Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Am I Ready? [Re: shrooma]
    #3924590 - 03/16/05 07:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Make a flow hood...I put my project on hold till I get one made.Contamination is extremely frustrating

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Re: Am I Ready? [Re: Electric305]
    #3924616 - 03/16/05 07:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

could you maybe elaborate on what a flow hood is and how to make one? Sorry haven't done this before. I'm aware of contamination risks and i'm gonna be sure to clean and sterilize everything constantly and wear gloves + mask. One other question what the difference between Antispetic, Anti-bacterial and Disinfectant? (ie Antiseptic products, anti bacterial products and disinfectants)

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

OfflineShrooms4Less
Shroom4Free
 User Gallery

Loc: Right Here
    #3924650 - 03/16/05 08:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

looks good to me

--------------------
If your friend is already dead, and being eaten by vultures, I think it's okay to feed some bits of your friend to one of the vultures, to teach him to do some tricks. But ONLY if you're serious about adopting the vulture. - Deep Thoughts (Saturday Night Live)

Offlineyoshikuni
i'm only afragment of yourimagination

Loc: New Zealand
Re: Am I Ready? [Re: Shrooms4Less]
    #3924659 - 03/16/05 08:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Antiseptic
Capable of preventing infection by inhibiting the growth of infectious agents.

Anti-bacterial
Destroying or inhibiting the growth of bacteria.

Disinfectant
An agent, such as heat, radiation, or a chemical, that destroys, neutralizes, or inhibits the growth of disease-carrying microorganisms.

--------------------
Hi there!

Invisiblepinkfloydms
!!!!!
Male

Loc: City of Dreams
Re: Am I Ready? [Re: yoshikuni]
    #3924665 - 03/16/05 08:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I don't see and polyfil.

--------------------
Muppet Said:

so yeah:
- 'sex' five times
- once with a man
- once with a cadaver
- and thrice with actual women(all of which were prostitutes)
Best story ever!

www.panicstream.com :thumbup:

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Am I Ready? [Re: yoshikuni]
    #3924668 - 03/16/05 08:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You don't need a flowhood to be successful. A glove box is nice but still not really required. Work in a clear trash bag if you have to, just something to prevent contams from falling on your work surface while you inoculate, etc. Work with quick hands and you'll be fine.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3924674 - 03/16/05 08:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shrooma said:
could you maybe elaborate on what a flow hood is and how to make one?

try a large clear plastic bag first, you'll need it for making your syringe
new bags are sterile due to manufacturing processes, a flow hood is gonna
cost you a few bucks more than you'll wanna spend right now.

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Re: Am I Ready? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3924995 - 03/16/05 10:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys. When birthing the cakes does it matter if they're upside down or the right way up?

--------------------
-

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3925037 - 03/16/05 10:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Nope, it doesn't make a difference.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Am I Ready? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3925271 - 03/16/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Little curious as to what you're using as cake containers?With the brown rice flour and vermiculite, I assume you are going with the PF Tek, just not too sure about your cake containers.Most people use 1/2 pint canning jars or glass drinking glasses of some sort. Are you sure those containers are PC'able and are you going to be able to get your cakes out after colonizing? Good Luck.Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony. :heart:Hippie Chick :mushroom2:

Edited by HippieChick (03/16/05 12:06 PM)

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Re: Am I Ready? [Re: HippieChick]
    #3925576 - 03/16/05 01:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey hippy chick I'm using this guide http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7919 but i'm using Gladware oven/microwave safe containers. I live in australia and it's hard to get shoulderless jars (dont ask me why, weird place over here). I was going to use glasses but decided i wanted lids. I've heard of other people use the gladware containers with good success and i know they dont melt in boiling water (I dont have a PC). The cakes will fall out easy (and actually look more like real cakes since they's be wider than they are high. peace  :tongue2:

--------------------
-

Edited by shrooma (03/16/05 01:33 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains