Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespicykitty123
kittycat

New to shroomery... my first trip
    #3924642 - 03/16/05 10:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

ok well i'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi and talk about my first experience with shrooms... because it was all rather confusing for me at first. Heres how it went:
My friend Alyssa and i have been discussing taking shrooms for awhile, but never got around to it. A few days ago when picking up some trees our dealer told us he had some shrooms... so the next day we picked some up and were all excited about getting to trip for the first time. Originally we had planned to go camping, or something outside, the first time we took shrooms... but given it was winter we just stayed at my house...
Ok, so it almost 3pm and we just finished eating our shrooms... we hit a bong a few times and smoked a bowl because we new that it would take awhile for everything to kick in. After that we decided to go into my backyard since it was sunny. I believe this is when the shrooms began to kick in... however at the time we thought we were still waiting for everything to start. Alyssa and i began walking around my backyard in circles in hope it would jumpstart something. Then we noticed the birds chirping in the tree, it sounded like birds, but something was diff. Then i looked at a tree and almost when i would blink i couldn't tell where branches ended... but then i would shake my head and seem to be alright.
Once we went back into my room i think this is when full shroom effect started to kick in... We were smoking some bowls, but i lost all concept of time, and at some points i was convinced i was remebering things but forgetting them too wuickly but i still knew everything that was happening. Minutes felt like eternity. Also, everything i touched felt funny like water maybe, i had to take off my rings because of this and grabbing hold of my glass bowl was all too strange. I wasn't functioning very well. I had never experienced any altering drugs like this before, and i kinda started to get paranoid and bug out. I was running around and getting confussed because everything felt like i had already done it, and i thought that everyone else thoguht i was nuts. I also felt like i had to make/do other things for people, hence running around i was always trying to get something, but like i said i kept forgetting. At one point i thoguht i had gone crazy, but i was just hearing myself think... and i was deeeeep in thought
I would have had a bad trip i guess, but then i realized everything was ok. I just kept telling myself this, and so did everyone around me. From this point on i loved everything! I couldn't tell if i was sitting or standing, well i knew what i was doing but it didn't appear that way. I kept touching everything to make sure it was real, so everthing that was going on didn't bother me because as long as i had something to grab onto that i knew was real i was fine. The best thing for me was this blanket, i was just so happy it was fuzzy and warm... everthing made me happy. At one point my dad was playing his guitar and i kept asking him why he was playing in which he would respon "thats just what i do" So i thought poeple just did whatever they wanted, the world seemed so nice. I didn't play guitar, but my dad did, so we were both happy him playing and me listening. I was laying down and occasionaly people would ask me questions... and i could answer them, but i didn't know how i already knew it. The most i could say is that i didn't care about anything, i was too happy, everything made me smile and i felt like i had all the time in the world. I kept carrying my phone around because my friend alyssa was still in my room while i was wandering about. But it was OK, i felt comforted because i knew she was in my room and could call if she wasn't ok (it was later pointed out that if she neede me she could have oppend my door and found me lol)
I eventually came back to my room and Alyssa was fine. I don't know how long i left her in there, but she was just listening to led zeplin and staring at my posters... At this point i was comfortable with the feeling of tripping. Everything felt like a dream that i was constantly waking up, but i was ok, all was good.
We started to come down around 8 i guess. upon looking in the mirror i noticed how messed up my eyes were. I think we realized how messed up we actually got at this point because the room looked more normal. Everything was shifted back to its correct spot, earlier everything seemd much bigger and whatnot. Anywho we ate some food, Alyssa went home, and i pretty much passed out upon hitting my bed.
This was my first experience with shrooms... at first it was a little scary and confusing but once i realized i was fine i liked it. I will def. do them again and am thinking of just growing them myself. Next time i take them i'm sure i'll want to be outside the whole time, i have a feeling everytihng would be more calming then. I'm still not sure how normal my "trip" was, becuase again i was not used to it at all. I didn't include everything from this experience on here, it would take too long... but i tried to highlight what really stuck with me. I would greatly appreciate any comments just to make sure i wasn't insane or anything. Is everyone first experience kind of like this?

Edited by spicykitty123 (03/16/05 10:16 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: spicykitty123]
    #3924667 - 03/16/05 10:19 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Well, it was a very interesting trip report. I love how on shrooms, you can get ideas about something and then decide they're true. Like when you said that you thought that everyone in the world does what they want.

I'm curious, do you know the weight of your dose?

Oh, I'm also on Long Island right now!

Offlinespicykitty123
kittycat

Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3924713 - 03/16/05 10:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i took half an 8th, friends much larger than me take about the same dose. Mind you i'm a small girl 5'2 so they messed me up. I really like reflecting on my experience and i can't wait to do it again! Def. gets you into some major deep thinking! Well i knew everyone can't always do what they want BUT i had decided that when i really have to do something (like eat/drink) i can do it when the times comes. I told myself nothing matter because i can do it later or have already done it. I was living in the now. Hahaha i don't think i'll even go on about what i was thinking anymore...

--------------------
yesterday i loved everything

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3924743 - 03/16/05 10:51 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Tripping is one of the most amazing things about being alive. I'm doing it later this week. I have a thread about it in trip tips. Are you in suffolk county? I live somewhat near Smith Point beach.

Offlinespicykitty123
kittycat

Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3924775 - 03/16/05 11:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

yup suffolk county... Ah i haven't been to the beach in sooo long. Used to go to smiths point a lot over the summer

--------------------
yesterday i loved everything

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3924902 - 03/16/05 12:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, that sounds like a pretty normal first trip. After you do it a few times you'll get your "sea legs" and will be able to navigate through the incredible world which is your mind! Next time, try and lay down and close your eyes in the dark....

just remember not to start eating them too often, as they will turn on you! I'd wait at least a month or two to do them again if I was you. That way you can integrate this experiance before jumping into another one.

Have fun, and welcome to the community of those who "know"!

Peace

Offlineperson
Stranger
Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: dr0mni]
    #3925870 - 03/16/05 04:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have never tripped before but have been interested for some time, i just started researching and the bad trips sound a little intense, also i dont know how much i should take for the first time and how

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: person]
    #3927087 - 03/16/05 08:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well don't let the bad trips scare you. if you have a positive outlook and attitude as well as nothing to worry about in your life, then you will be fine. when bad thoughts appear or something along those lines, then just have some cheerful music you like and blast it. i always used to start thinking about everything bad during the come up. then i would put on some sublime or jefferson airplane and be in heaven.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Offlinemundial
Ambassador
Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3928430 - 03/17/05 01:00 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

make sure you turn off the radio and stay away from annoying college frat boys....its a joykill

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: New to shroomery... my first trip [Re: mundial]
    #3928478 - 03/17/05 01:14 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Even if you have a hellishly introspective, nightmarish, depressing, self-loathing experiance, it's only a bad trip if you don't learn how to turn the experiance into something positive.

You can learn to let go of any negativity in your life if you can learn to let go of the thought patterns that lead to "bad trips"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Sublime

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience