Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineslip_it_in
Un Am?ricainerrant
Had my first experience, and I have a few questions about it
    #3923797 - 03/16/05 01:25 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

HI.

First of all: the search feature doesn't seem to be working right now, and I haven't been able to find the answers to these questions anywhere. So apologies if I'm covering well-tread ground here.

Recently, I had my first experience with shrooms. The guy I got them from (a trustworthy dude all around) said he didn't know the exact species, but after checking a few pics, they seemed to be P. cubensis. I got about an eighth (3.5 grams), dried; I did half, my girlfriend did half. About an hour and a half after a big pasta dinner (which might be important, see below), we diced them up with a knife, then chewed and swallowed (not good-tasting, but not as unpleasant as I was expecting). Washed it down with OJ and water.

First of all, it took a while for it to hit me. I wasn't feeling anything until something like and hour and a half after I ate the shrooms, probably more. And the effects didn't hit me very hard. When I would look at the ceiling, I could see shadows moving in the stucco, but nothing too crazy. Those were the only visuals I experienced. I also felt very good, very warm and fuzzy, like a good pot high, but it was a pretty subtle feeling.

I enjoyed it, and want to do shrooms again. Which is where the questions come in.

I'd done my research, and 1/2 an eighth sounded like a decent amount for a first trip. Naturally, I was surprised that the effects were pretty underwhelming. Could it be that we ate the shrooms with too much food in our stomachs? (Although, my girlfriend tripped significantly harder than me). Could the cubies I got just have been not that potent? (Again, there's the discrepancy in response between my girlfriend and I...) What those two things lead me to is: could it be that I just have a naturally high tolerance to psilocybin/psilocin? It seems likely, seeing as the shrooms didn't affect me as much as her (we actually weight about the same), hit her way sooner, and took unusually long to hit me.

Which do you think is more likely of those three explanations? What would you recommend as a course of action? Should I try eating on a very empty stomach next time, will that make a big difference? And if that doesn't work and I indeed have a naturally high tolerance, should I stay away from shrooms? The idea of having to take high doses to get the results I want makes me a little uneasy. Like, I do not get drunk very easily (probably the history of alcoholism in my family), even though I rarely drink, so I simply do not drink enough to get very drunk. I see it as my body telling me that I shouldn't be getting that drunk. Does that make sense? Should the same logic apply to shrooms?

Oh, and one last thing: my eighth cost $40. Is that a decent price?

Man, that was a VERBOSE first post. I would appreciate any feedback a lot! You guys have a very nice little board here.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineElectric305
Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: florida
Re: Had my first experience, and I have a few questions about it [Re: slip_it_in]
    #3923808 - 03/16/05 01:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

take on empty stomach and itll work better and faster...you only took a little over a gram so thats not really much...if you eat the whole eighth youll be good to go,everything i ve read says 5 grams will drive you out of your mind...I havent measured any doses i have taken by weigth,but i just eat enough.
Also i dont thin kyour supposed to ask about money on here...youll get in trouble

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Had my first experience, and I have a few questions about it [Re: slip_it_in]
    #3923814 - 03/16/05 01:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Take it on a empty stomach. And i would try atlead 2-3 grams

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: Had my first experience, and I have a few questions about it [Re: Stonerguy]
    #3925520 - 03/16/05 03:18 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You have good days and bad days - with your body and energy levels, right?

Sometimes, you feel very energetic and alive and can run a mile.
Sometimes, you're tired and unmotivated and feel like vegging.

These fluctuations in your body's own "heat rate", as I like to call it, can and will affect your metabolism of any and all incoming matter, be it a drug or food or disease.

When your body is "hot and running", it's stronger and resists more than comes in. It takes more booze, more pot, more shrooms.
When your body is "running cool", it takes less.

Don't get locked into a number. NEVER GET LOCKED INTO A NUMBER.
2 grams that you take today may do more to you a month from now.
Go with your feelings, assess the level of your body's current mode, and take according to that.

As a general rule, I would encourage you to split the eigth with a friend, giving each 1.75g. And have another eight on hand incase you guys get going and really liking it...

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #3925536 - 03/16/05 03:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i agree with the other 2 post on here, try eating them on an empty stomach again, i always eat mushrooms on an empty stomach so i dont have as many problem withs nausea and so they downt take almost 2 hours to kick in. The day before i eat mushrooms i do not have any large meals and do not eat before i got to sleep. I then wake up and wait till i am not tired anymore and alert to everything around me then dose. If you do this you should have a nice trip. Like said before 2-3 grams should be a good dose if you are looking for more. Just make sure not to dose to high, i have many friends who ate to much there first or secound time and got scared off mushrooms and will never touch them again. Gradualey work your way up through the doeses untill you find the amount that you like the best. Enjoy and respect the mushrooms and you will have a nice time.

Offlineslip_it_in
Un Am?ricainerrant
Re: Had my first experience, and I have a few questions about it [Re: fliped]
    #3927664 - 03/16/05 10:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks so much for the responses! I'll try on an empty stomach this time... what's a good amount of time to fast for before hand?

And Grizzy, good point about metabolism and such. My reactions to alcohol and marijuana definitely change subtly day to day. Thanks for pointing that out, the thought hadn't crossed my mind.

Again, thanks everyone.

Offlinephishman
Stranger
    #3928536 - 03/17/05 01:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

In the future, I would also suggest asking the shroom supplier about his or others experiences with the particular shrooms in question.  Especially since you know this guy to be trustworthy.  This way you can better approximate how much to take in order to trip at the desired level. 

I find it to be the responsibility of the supplier to know the dosage having sampled them himself or checking with someone else reliable whom he has given them to.

Enjoy your future trips:flowerchild:

--------------------
"Most people are walking in their sleep, turn them around, start them in the opposite direction and they wouldn't even know the difference."

-Captain Alfred M. Hubbard

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience