Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

A pretty detailed Question.
    #3923033 - 03/15/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was just wondering if I could get some insight from you guys. I've been growing with Mycobags and for many reasons I just had to abandon the whole project. One bag was almost completely colonized and the other bag was just starting to show signs of myc.
Well, about 2 months ago I had to place them in my backpack and set them in the back of my closet. My house is pretty cold, so the growth has completely stopped. I just checked them out for the first time in awhile and they're completely the same. The almost fully colonized bag still has bright white myc and no sign of contams. My other bag still has the same wee bits of myc growth and without a hint of contams either.
Now, I was just wondering if these were still viable. Like, if I were to put them back into a warm environment...would they continue to colonize? I was either thinking of just using an Aquarium Heater or maybe waiting a little bit longer for the weather to get to nice temps and just setting my bags on the window sill. That way they can get plenty of warmth and light. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
"I sat on the bus next to God once,
he told me about the true meaning of life...
then he gave me a pretzel..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSko
Democrat

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: A pretty detailed Question. [Re: License_to_Chill]
    #3923066 - 03/15/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would sugjest holding off on the light...

Warmth, yes, try to get them to temps of around 80, but lower than 90, and above 70.

A dark place is best for myc growth, and if you want to fruit them you should either case and follow a guide in the section on casing, or fruit it as is in a fruiting chamber.  But I've never used a mycobag so I dont know if fruiting it as is is a good idea.

Anyways I sugjest reading about casings, and keeping them at room temp or little warmer.

Good Luck, :laugh:

--------------------
Sko

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: A pretty detailed Question. [Re: Sko]
    #3923218 - 03/15/05 09:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yea, well I know you can fruit in the bags themselves. Just give it some light to intiate the pinning. But, thanks for the help. I just didn't know if the myc would still grow once its introduced back into warmth.

I saw a pictures of what someone did with an aquarium heater. They had a water bottle (filled with water of course) and they had the heater inserted in it. It was taped around to seal it up. Just to make a little portable heater. I was just thinking of doing this while the bags are still in the backpack. I know this would generate a lot of heat, enough to fill backpack.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #3923502 - 03/15/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What does the mycelium need? Warmth, air, water, and a nutrient source free of contamination? If you give it these things, it should be fine.

It probably wouldn't survive freezing (I don't have any references right now).

So, as long as the bags had no leaks, and the filter patch did its job, you should be okay. If the substrate were only pasteurised though, you would surely end up with a mess in a week or so...

But this is all just my opinion...

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineLicense_to_Chill
Stranger
Male

Re: A pretty detailed Question. [Re: Olgualion]
    #3923640 - 03/15/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thats true. There wasn't any freezing of the mycobags. It was just a lower temperature...I'd say around 60 degrees, so nothing grew. Oh yea, everything looks really good in there, no contams or anything. Well, thanks for all of your help so far. Greatly appreciated.

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #3923799 - 03/15/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck to ya. Let us know how it looks in a week or so!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck