Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Gel Caps

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Loc: noitacaol cihpargoeg
Calea Dream Herb
    #3922459 - 03/15/05 09:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all, I'm just wondering if any of my fellow travellers out there have experimented with Calea. I recently got in 25 grams from a vendor. After smoking multiple bowls and having a mug of tea, I had some auditory and pseudo-visual hallucinations but no lucid dreams (as Calea is supposed to cause). I tried for three straight days, and nothing.
I think the vendor may have fucked me though, because the calea dream herb was not pure calea, it looks like a blend of calea, chamomille and pine needles. I wouldn't have any reservations about this, but nowhere on the site did it mention that it was a blend AND there is far more chamomille than there is calea. Oh well
Any thoughts, experiences or comments?

--------------------
Feel the wrath of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: KungFu_Shaman]
    #3922618 - 03/15/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ive tried that stuff like 10 times and have only felt a mild tranquil feeling I had one real feeling dream but besides that nothing and I dont smoke pot so thats not the problem,im done trying it the taste is horrible,smoke is too harsh and gel capsels make my stomach feel sick . I think that calea only works for certain brain types,thats my theory anyway.

--------------------
By questioning death I have found the answer to life.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3922666 - 03/15/05 09:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I made a tincture once after finding the smoke terrible. I just used Vodka and let it sit for a week. When I strained the plant material I was left with a dark brown liquid. I tried to put some in some juice but found the taste was still unbearable.

I decided against using the tincture and let the alcohol evaporate from it. In a few days I was left with a dark black goop. It was very sticky and ran down everything.

I tried to smoke it and found it a very pleasant smoke with none of the bitterness of the raw herb. I felt mild effects from smoking a small chunk, maybe .3 gram. I am interested in purchasing some more and making another extract :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Kerr]
    #3923100 - 03/15/05 11:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno, it doesn't always work, but you grow much more accustom to the taste and sensitive to it's feelings after a while. I got used to beer, and this too, kind of see it in the same boat taste wise. It works on a placebo level as well though, with the ceremony of drinking the tea before bed you can bet you'll be more attentive to details and such, I got about a dozen of great dreams from it...still feel that the best thing for lucid dreaming is low doses of codeine before bed with no tolerance though...

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Toricious]
    #3923964 - 03/16/05 02:20 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sigh....

Lucid dreaming is not like a switch that can be turned on and off by a drug. Calea HELPS you to enter a state where you can achieve lucidity easier, but first and foremost, you need to be very familiar with your dreams and sleep patterns beforehand. If you wanna lucid dream, keep yourself a dream diary, focus on you intention to become lucid.
I get my lucid dreams just fine with a clear head.

--------------------

OfflineBal0n
Shroomer

Loc: the Netherlands
Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Minstrel]
    #3924491 - 03/16/05 07:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I tried it a few months ago. It definitely gave me a nice relaxing mood and very temptful. But it didn't brought up any visual nor auditory distortion.

I stopped using it because of the awful taste, it's just so f*cking bitter  :sad:

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the 'Universe' - a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something seperated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Bal0n]
    #3927122 - 03/16/05 08:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you to Minstrel... I too enjoy the sciences of dreaming... I keep a dream journal too. I'd recommend people do that. I have since discovered that my main dream theme is dangerous or "wrong" stuff to do. ~roCK

OfflineToker5
fungi

Loc: south west
Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: ckyrock]
    #3927652 - 03/16/05 10:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Try and make some tea. If it doesn't taste like some nasty ass shit, it's not that strong.

--------------------
why cant we all just get abong?

OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Toker5]
    #3930812 - 03/17/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I keep drinking the tea, sometimes I let it simmer for hours, but I still get no effect. I'm going to try and order pure Calea, so I don't have this "blend" shit.

Thanks for all of your responses guys :-D

--------------------

OfflineToker5
fungi

Loc: south west
    #3932515 - 03/17/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you just keep drinking and drinking you should get open eye visuals at high doses. Plus I think the tolerance is high in most people.

--------------------
why cant we all just get abong?

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Toker5]
    #3962844 - 03/24/05 01:53 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

From what I've read, the tea is weaker than consuming the herb itself or smoking it. I think finding some palatable way to eat the stuff whether it be gel caps or mixing it with something, is the way to go.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

#3964889 - 03/24/05 02:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, thanks guys for all the tips - I'll continue experimenting and dreaming :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #3965050 - 03/24/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone ever attempt to grow this plant? I have seeds that I have been trying to germinate for about 3 weeks now....nothing yet.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Calea Dream Herb [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4194208 - 05/19/05 06:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well I got my dried calea dream herb today(4 Oz bag from Shaman's Palace), I ate a teaspoon of the herb (avoided any chewing or tasting) and chased it with some water. If you avoid chewing the leaves you don't get the bitterness. I also smoked 3 bowls. It feels like an MJ high but different, more clear, calmer. I'll test the effects on my dreams tonight, I am a natural lucid dreamer, so I've been looking simply for ways to improve and prolong my lucid experiences.

I've also been trying to grow this stuff... with the hoards of seeds I have I should eventually grow one successfully.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Calea Dream Herb (experience, dosage, preparations) [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4197308 - 05/19/05 10:11 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Day 2 Calea:
My dreams haven't become more vivid than normal yet, but like I said I'm a natural lucid dreamer, and have been practicing controlled dreaming for a number of years also. I feel that perhaps it's the building up over time of the calea that effects dreaming. I had the same effects as yesterday today from only smoking 1 bowl (and not eating any), so I think it has that reverse tolerance some have suggested.

I am very satisfied with Calea, it has very similar to cannabis effects for me when smoked. I am even considering replacing cannabis use with Calea, and then saving Cannabis for special occasions.(Any time I used it regularly it would weaken my dreaming) I love the calm euphoric feeling I get from Calea! To top it off Calea is cheaper and legal. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I sure hope my Calea plants turn out, I think I've found my plant ally.  :grin:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

#4202434 - 05/21/05 05:37 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Calea & Chamomile Tea with 5 squirts of lemon juice.

I tried the tea thing, not as bad as I thought it would be after tasting the plant itself. (Though still not pleasant.) I took the chamomile tea bag and pried open the staple that holds it shut, added a table spoon of ground calea, closed the tea bag up and added it to hot water, then added the lemon juice.

I don't think I could drink this on a regular basis however, and am still looking into getting some gel caps.

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4203198 - 05/21/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

keep us up to date with your dream exp with the incessant use of calea alright :smile: if you choose to keep doing so.

anyway, i have used the stuff about a year or two ago. and i did get long and more vivid dreams right off the bat. i think i just used tea most of the time actually. dont remember the dose though. yeah, it's pretty damn bitter. but not as bad as some other ethno teas. i might get back into trying it out again now that ive been reminded about it. it's an interesting plant :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
Male User Gallery

Re: Calea Dream Herb (experience, dosage, preparations) [Re: Locus]
    #4203799 - 05/21/05 04:53 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Will do. :thumbup:

--------------------

~Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calea Zacatechichi, Gel Caps

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden