Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
cant drink but you can go to war
    #3918561 - 03/14/05 10:02 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

what do people think about that ..young men that cant even legally have a beer has a gun....????? :mad2:

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: starptv23]
    #3918566 - 03/14/05 10:03 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Once they join, they can buy beer on their base. TRUE.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3918586 - 03/14/05 10:07 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

I believe it is very fucked up. Same with adolescents who are employed having to fork over income tax without being able to vote for officials who decide how to spend that money.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: DNKYD]
    #3918656 - 03/14/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

well that is scary here boys have a beer and have a gun...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3918658 - 03/14/05 10:27 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Isn't that why guys hunt?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: Rose]
    #3918668 - 03/14/05 10:30 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

i dont know i dont dig hunting elese i need to eat...

--------------------

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3918673 - 03/14/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

The Church, military, and the N.R.A. Scary mix of people, huh?

--------------------

:murray:

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3918674 - 03/14/05 10:31 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I believe it is very fucked up. Same with adolescents who are employed having to fork over income tax without being able to vote for officials who decide how to spend that money.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: kadakuda]
    #3918687 - 03/14/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Often enough, those adolescents don't HAVE to work.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#3918715 - 03/14/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

And your point is?

When I was 16 I had to work to pay off a loan my parents gave me for drivers training. Then I needed money for my car, insurance, cell phone, and whatever else I wanted to spend money on. Regardless of the job being a necessity, taxation without representation is bullshit and one of the very reasons we revolted against the Brits in the first place.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3918742 - 03/14/05 10:46 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

is your point they dont work so send them off to war..so they can die or get a body part blown off...

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#3918764 - 03/14/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

I had no point whatsoever. Sometimes I just like to post stuff to see people's reactions.

I guess, if I had a point to make, it was this: Working kids in the USA usually don't have it too bad, and Uncle Sam doesn't take too much out of a McDonalds paycheck... really, he doesn't (ESPECIALLY after a tax return, AND if the kid has no parents, and files independantly, the return is REALLY good).

If I was thinking, my point could've been: Why are the kids blaming the government, when it was their parents who voted those assholes in?!?

Teen angst is fun.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3919728 - 03/15/05 04:41 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

I guess, if I had a point to make, it was this: Working kids in the USA usually don't have it too bad, and Uncle Sam doesn't take too much out of a McDonalds paycheck... really, he doesn't (ESPECIALLY after a tax return, AND if the kid has no parents, and files independantly, the return is REALLY good).

I donno about that... I well remember working for sub-minimum wage as a teenager and seeing 1/3 of my check go to the government (city, state, and fed each take their chunk). Loosing 1/3 of $300 each month is much harder than losing 1/3 $10,000 each month... regardless of how much you make, food still costs the same.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3919754 - 03/15/05 04:53 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Once they join, they can buy beer on their base. TRUE.

Hey - I'm gonna get on the line to my kid brother and tell him this - he'll sure as Hell join the forces when he knows it'll be legal (?) for his 17 year old ass to suck down tequilas while massaging his uzi and takin orders from Generals who love to shoot folks.

Join the army boys - the beers are on us!!!!! What a temptation! A real man 5 years early! woooo-hoo!

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: CJay]
    #3920484 - 03/15/05 10:09 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I may be wrong here and this may only be for the informed. But...

I was under the impression that dependants get ALL of their income tax money back? Now, not all dependants are under 18, but most people under 18 are dependants.

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: YidakiMan]
    #3920819 - 03/15/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Beer is a privelege, guns are a RIGHT.
"once they join, they can buy beer on base." Partly true.
It is up to the command to decide on that. Most commands don't allow it.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: Seuss]
    #3921364 - 03/15/05 02:29 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
Quote:

I donno about that... I well remember working for sub-minimum wage as a teenager and seeing 1/3 of my check go to the government (city, state, and fed each take their chunk). Loosing 1/3 of $300 each month is much harder than losing 1/3 $10,000 each month... regardless of how much you make, food still costs the same.

My point was, most... if not ALL of those taxes come back on Tax Day, if you are in a LOW income bracket (most teens are). The rest goes to your retirement. If the teen lives with parents, they must claim the child as a dependant, if they spend more per year on the kid than the kid spends on himself. Otherwise, if they must claim their independance, the child will get MOST of their taxes back. Taxes are quite forgiving for people on LOW incomes. Either the parent, or the child will reap the rewards on tax day.

Someone's getting a good return, if the kid's only making 2-300 every 2 weeks.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: cant drink but you can go to war [Re: California]
    #3921394 - 03/15/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

Oregon said:
Beer is a privelege, guns are a RIGHT.
"once they join, they can buy beer on base." Partly true.
It is up to the command to decide on that. Most commands don't allow it.

YES SIR

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3921464 - 03/15/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I would consider beer to be a right... how is it not a right to be able to choose what you want to put into your body?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3922466 - 03/15/05 07:08 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Exactly. Just because government paperwork lists something as a right doesn't make it a right.

The Constitution is just a piece of paper. It's not a liscense for the government to own you.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order