Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Amanita Muscaria
    #3921368 - 03/15/05 02:30 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

This post is a summary of an anthropology article I read about Amanita muscaria and the Russian traditions. It is a paper for my class, so please don't steal it. I am not saying everything she says is right, but it is what the writter thinks.
ENJOY!!!

Summary-

In the five page article titled ? Russian use of Amanita muscaria: A footnote to
Wassons Soma? the author Ethel Dunn is describing the use of Amanita muscaria
across Russia and its various uses and rituals performed by the natives in a
response to a letter from the author of the popular book Soma. In the book Soma,
Wasson has come to the conclusion that Soma, the plant and god celebrated in
Vedic hymns, was a mushroom: Amanita muscaria, or fly agaric. Wasson wrote to
Ethel because she and her husband had been studying the peoples and language of
Russia for some time, and he was curious if she had come across any information
regarding this mushroom in her studies. At the time Ethel received the letter,
she had read very little regarding Amanita muscaria, and wrote back saying she
was curious herself, and would perform further research and get back to Wasson
with more information.
With some research done, Ethel came to the conclusion that shamanistic
practices had been taking place across Siberia for hundreds of years. Her
Russian and Soviet sources told her that the Russians in Siberia made use of
shamans, and had so since the Russian settlement of Siberia in the mid-17th
century. With more in depth research, it became clear to her that the Russians
did in fact make a twofold use of this mushroom: as a medicinal agent and a
substitute for alcohol.
In some accounts Ethel came across, the mushroom was gathered and eaten fresh.
It was said that three fresh caps was the common amount for a first time user to
take. Other reports said seasoned mushroom eaters consumed as much as 26 caps!
(Though this was said to be pushing the limits). The mushroom was always taken
with others, because it was reported doing them alone would cause negative
effects.
On other accounts, the mushroom was gathered, broken to bits, stuffed into a
corked glass jar, and set in a warm place for three days. After these three days
had passed, the mushrooms and newly formed juices were removed, and the solids
were strained away. The mushroom liquid was then passed around a circle of
shaman, and partakers would drink and begin the ceremony.
On one account it was reported that in the evenings, instead of using Vodka to
remove fatigue, small pieces of Amanita muscaria cap were chewed and the juices
swallowed. The archeologist who made this report (having been given the mushroom
by his guide through the Ural mountains) said that the effects were ?colossal?.
He reported that ? the trees were several times thicker, the fire reached to the
sky itself, and all the participants behaved better than from Vodka?.
The above three accounts of Amanita uses were mostly for a ?Vodka substitute?,
but as mentioned, it was also reported to be used for its medicinal qualities.
As opposed to eating the caps for a more ?spiritual? experience, for medicinal
purposes it is reported that one should only eat the stems. The stems were
reportedly used by the Russians to treat a wide variety of diseases including
convulsions, paralysis, epilepsy, goiter, tuberculosis, impotence, and
rheumatism.
For medicinal use, Ethel reported that Amanita muscaria should be dried in the
oven and preserved in a stoppered jar in a cool dry place. In a letter to Ethel,
someone named ? Gammerman? cites the active ingredients in the Amanita muscaria:
muscarin, muscaridin, and a red antibiotic called muscarufin. Gammerman reports
that the muscarufin is the active agent said to act on tumors and other
illnesses. Ethel writes to Wasson reporting her finds and he writes back saying
he thinks the medicinal information from Gammerman is ? nonsense and from a
hopelessly outdated handbook?
To conclude the article, Ethel says that although she has discovered much about
the Amanita and its uses in Russia, she thinks much further research is needed
to be done if there is to be any concrete evidence as to the medicinal and
spiritual uses of this ageless fungi.

Description-

In this article, cultural anthropology is being practiced. Ethel Dunn
participated in a series of letters to and from many anthropologists from whom
she could gather information. Wasson, and her own curiosity towards the subject
inspired the entire article.

Critique-

I found this article interesting and very informative. It was well written and
contains many documented sources! In choosing this article, it was pretty much
random but I did have a prior interest in the shamanistic rituals of certain
civilizations of the past. I think it was very solid and I did not disagree with
anything in particular. I have researched certain aspects of mushroom use before
(mostly psylocibin mushrooms), and this article furthered my knowledge on the
subject greatly.
The use of Ethneogens has been taking place since humans first walked the
earth. I would imagine the early foragers discovered the Amanita muscaria by
accident, and passed the information of its mind-altering effects to their
children. The Amanita itself is a very wonderful looking mushroom with a red cap
(ranging from light red to deep blood crimson) and is spotted with white dots.
For early human foragers, this fungus would stand out in whatever background it
was present and could been seen from far away. The caps, ranging in size from a
silver dollar to a dinner plate, were the most commonly consumed part of the
mushroom, and contained the most Muscinol, or the active ingredient that
produces psychoactive effects. The stems were proportionate to the caps and
raised them off the forest floor high enough to be spotted easily.
Having never partaken in the Amanita ritual, I can not comment personally on
it?s effects, though it is said to produce an almost drunken feel, with a very
disassociate quality.
I think humans? interest in mind-altering substances will be present until the
end of time. With no concrete proof of anything beyond this life, many people
turn to drugs to find answers. Although the Amanita is said to produce some
nausea, its lack of harm to the body makes it a commonly used drug by many
shamans across the world.
I think perhaps in the future I will try this mushroom, at least once, so I can
make a conclusion for myself. During the course of writing this paper, I
discovered many sites on the Internet selling dried Amanita mushrooms. For a
relatively cheap price you can have them shipped to your door and find out for
yourself. Although Amanita muscaria is a drug, it is not scheduled by the DEA,
and it not illegal to posses, grow, or consume.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: flowstone]
    #3921690 - 03/15/05 03:52 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

heh, did you turn this in already?

I dunno what kind of prof you have, but at the very least I would take out the reference to yourself studying psilocybes and 'certain aspects of mushroom use', the stuff about how many caps to eat, and not mention yourself possibly trying amanitas in the future or their availibility online.  if it's for a class it should read as more than you investigating a new buzz and trying to pass it off as schoolwork.  i realize you are probably genuinely interested in this beyond that and it wasn't your intent for it to sound that way, but that's pretty much how it comes across as it is now, to me anyway.  mostly due to those parts I mentioned above.

there are also numerous misspellings spell check probably wont catch, psilocybin, muscimol (no reason to capitalize), entheogen..

but if it's one of a bunch of article summaries you have to do or something it probably wont be read anyway :smirk:.  I would still remove all references to you using anything though, that's nothing your proffessor needs to know and probably isn't what they're looking for, for grading purposes anyway... 

DH

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: spores]
    #3922030 - 03/15/05 05:16 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks for the imput.. :smile: :thumbup: I am turning it in tommorow after I fix a few things

By the way, my professor is cool. He has lived on a reservation for years and talks about his peyote experiences, etc...
And I don't exactly mention me USING  drugs, just reading about them...

I will fix the spell stuff :cool: :cheers:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9396111 - 12/08/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If the Amanita Muscaria is the basis for the Soma of the Vedic religion, the Jesus of the Bible, and the sacrament and savior of ancient 'shamanistic' man, it is clear to me that there is a real spiritual need to speed its dissemination among the trees with which it has a symbiotic relationship (pine, fir, some oak, others I presume).  At the moment I am gathering rotten parts not good enough for use and scratching them into the soil under similar trees.  These pieces of flesh certainly have spores stuck to them.  One assumes that the 'Fly Agaric' is present all over the world where humans live or have lived because it was considered useful and was carried great distances by shamans (like Moses -the ark of the covenant was mostly a box to keep the manna/psilocybin  mushrooms) so the spores were carried where these men and women went.  So...when you gather soma, please tap the heads a few times before taking and scratch in unusable mushroom bits or pine needles in other prospective spots.  There is no reason there cannot be enough soma for all of humanity, or at least all who want her.

To my experience, this mushroom, at small doses, as I have been doing for about a week, in the form of amanita and cheese omelet, amanita and field greens tortilla as well as tea and dried, encapsulated powder, has a great potential as a drug for depression, amotivation, winter blues, shyness, possibly autism (this would be exciting research to do), and obvious substitute for caffeine.  It is indeed a very social 'drug' but also a very honest one, so that the social realm, which can appear as hell for earnest and well-meaning folks (because of the duplicity, fakeness, stupidity, etc....) all of sudden is made a little less disgusting, because you, at least, are being both friendly and honest.  And Soma teaches you that what others do, they do to themselves....  This is the great teacher, and does not need to be taken in great doses to be understood.  We might even consider homeopathic amanita for children.  ADD, ADHD?  The possibilities are endless....  The real fear is that if these qualities are made obvious to the FDA, pharmacrap companies, etc... everything would be done to halt the spread of soma (in truth this started happening thousands of years ago, and its called Christianity) because of its clear superiority to man-derived chemical pharmaceutical 'solutions' for mental and neurological health issues.  Have we not learned our lesson with Cannabis???  Lay low, brothers and sisters, but spread the spores!

I just went to the Fungus fair at Oakland Museum, and found it sad that the older gentleman manning the Amanita table was telling people that it 'would make you sick before it makes you high'.  This is clearly not true, and besides misunderstands the function of throwing up in sacramental healing of the traditional kind.  It happens, and when it happens, it is an element of the spiritual healing you are taking. (remember, your ancestors considered this the 'flesh of God', this mushroom is the 'meaning of Jesus' in case you ever wondered what that glorious mess called the bible is)  In some cultures 'getting sick' is actually called 'getting well' because they understand this.

But you do not need to throw up to benefit from Soma, you simply must dry it out well and swallow it whole, and not too much at first.  Alternately, you can saute it in olive oil or parboil it with greens, fresh of course.  It is actually quite good and eating a small amount this way (the normal amount you would put of mushrooms in an omelet which also had greens and cheese) puts a jump in your step and sets your vision straight for the day.  Don't forget that everything you consume has some chemical effect on our outlook.  It is no more strange to cook and eat fly agaric (what an ugly name for such a beauty!) than it is to put sugar in your coffee. 

If you are concerned about any cumulative effect on your liver, you should continue on the road of herbalism shown to you by cannabis and amanita and get yourself some liver healers like milk thistle, dandelion (you can probably find this when you mushroom hunt), there are others; look them up.

There is no reason we cannot live a healthy life embracing the elements of nature which most people fear and/or despise.

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9396217 - 12/08/08 10:51 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

If the Amanita Muscaria is the basis for the Soma of the Vedic religion, the Jesus of the Bible, and the sacrament and savior of ancient 'shamanistic' man, it is clear to me that there is a real spiritual need to speed its dissemination among the trees with which it has a symbiotic relationship (pine, fir, some oak, others I presume).  At the moment I am gathering rotten parts not good enough for use and scratching them into the soil under similar trees.  These pieces of flesh certainly have spores stuck to them.  One assumes that the 'Fly Agaric' is present all over the world where humans live or have lived because it was considered useful and was carried great distances by shamans (like Moses -the ark of the covenant was mostly a box to keep the manna/psilocybin  mushrooms) so the spores were carried where these men and women went.  So...when you gather soma, please tap the heads a few times before taking and scratch in unusable mushroom bits or pine needles in other prospective spots.  There is no reason there cannot be enough soma for all of humanity, or at least all who want her.

To my experience, this mushroom, at small doses, as I have been doing for about a week, in the form of amanita and cheese omelet, amanita and field greens tortilla as well as tea and dried, encapsulated powder, has a great potential as a drug for depression, amotivation, winter blues, shyness, possibly autism (this would be exciting research to do), and obvious substitute for caffeine.  It is indeed a very social 'drug' but also a very honest one, so that the social realm, which can appear as hell for earnest and well-meaning folks (because of the duplicity, fakeness, stupidity, etc....) all of sudden is made a little less disgusting, because you, at least, are being both friendly and honest.  And Soma teaches you that what others do, they do to themselves....  This is the great teacher, and does not need to be taken in great doses to be understood.  We might even consider homeopathic amanita for children.  ADD, ADHD?  The possibilities are endless....  The real fear is that if these qualities are made obvious to the FDA, pharmacrap companies, etc... everything would be done to halt the spread of soma (in truth this started happening thousands of years ago, and its called Christianity) because of its clear superiority to man-derived chemical pharmaceutical 'solutions' for mental and neurological health issues.  Have we not learned our lesson with Cannabis???  Lay low, brothers and sisters, but spread the spores!

I just went to the Fungus fair at Oakland Museum, and found it sad that the older gentleman manning the Amanita table was telling people that it 'would make you sick before it makes you high'.  This is clearly not true, and besides misunderstands the function of throwing up in sacramental healing of the traditional kind.  It happens, and when it happens, it is an element of the spiritual healing you are taking. (remember, your ancestors considered this the 'flesh of God', this mushroom is the 'meaning of Jesus' in case you ever wondered what that glorious mess called the bible is)  In some cultures 'getting sick' is actually called 'getting well' because they understand this.

But you do not need to throw up to benefit from Soma, you simply must dry it out well and swallow it whole, and not too much at first.  Alternately, you can saute it in olive oil or parboil it with greens, fresh of course.  It is actually quite good and eating a small amount this way (the normal amount you would put of mushrooms in an omelet which also had greens and cheese) puts a jump in your step and sets your vision straight for the day.  Don't forget that everything you consume has some chemical effect on our outlook.  It is no more strange to cook and eat fly agaric (what an ugly name for such a beauty!) than it is to put sugar in your coffee. 

If you are concerned about any cumulative effect on your liver, you should continue on the road of herbalism shown to you by cannabis and amanita and get yourself some liver healers like milk thistle, dandelion (you can probably find this when you mushroom hunt), there are others; look them up.

There is no reason we cannot live a healthy life embracing the elements of nature which most people fear and/or despise.

InvisibleHerbBaker
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: cultus fungus]
    #9397742 - 12/09/08 06:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

This is a great thread!
I imagine muscimole could also be used for treating alcohol dependence.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9399250 - 12/09/08 12:41 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Amanita muscaria doesn't affect the liver.

It does eat holes in your brain if you don't dry it but I don't think that is anything to be concerned about.

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9399427 - 12/09/08 01:10 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

RE "It does eat holes in your brain if you don't dry it but I don't think that is anything to be concerned about" 

Hmmm... this doesn't sound very scientific!  I do eat it without drying, as I cook it in oil fresh.  Reindeer eat it fresh and don't seem to be getting holes in thier heads...  Your kidding right?  It definately eats holes in the veil of habitual consciousness or rather lack-there-of, maybe this is what you mean?

This kind of loopy statement makes me wonder about your previous one about the liver.  It seems to me that it would be more likely that whatever amanita toxins are ingested would be handled by the liver and hence repair may be necessary, given the consumption of large amounts or over smaller amounts over a long period.  There are herbs for the regeneration of the liver, and they have been shown to work.

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9399541 - 12/09/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hmmm... this doesn't sound very scientific!

I could have phrased it in a scientific way but I instead decided to phrase it in a scary way.  Brain lesions aren't nearly as frightening.

Quote:

I do eat it without drying, as I cook it in oil fresh.

I have done that too.  Tastes great that way, doesn't it? 

Quote:

Reindeer eat it fresh and don't seem to be getting holes in thier heads...

How do you know?  That would require finding a reindeer that eats a lot of Amanita muscaria and dissecting its brain.

Quote:

Your kidding right?

No.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ibotenic+acid+lesion

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9399580 - 12/09/08 01:35 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

reindeer obviously have holes in there heads from muscaria, they can fly.

Having the holes in there head is what enables them to fly, it lightens there load just enough so they can have a easy take off, trust me ive talked with Santa many times about this.

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9417753 - 12/12/08 11:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

RE: brain lesions
OK, so where is the scientific evidence for the brain lesions?  I would be interested in seeing the proof.  There is so much fear-mongering around this fungus that these kinds of claims (like those that have been made about cannabis for example) must be substantiated.  Please post any relevant links concerning the connection between brain lesions and fresh amanita muscaria consumption.

Otherwise you are spreading defamatory fungal rumors which is not nice!

Moreover, it is highly unlikely for a natural animal species, like Lapland reindeer, to continue doing something which would be contrary to their survival and herd-health.  Animals have been shown to do harmful things to themselves, but this almost always occurs within a clinical, human environment, i.e. an environment of alienation.  Rather, this is what humans do, and many of the stupid, unearthly manners in which humans degrade themselves and their environment, I would argue, stem from the alienation from the psychedelic (mind-healing) plants and mushrooms utilized by our ancestors, and that it is more likely that television and hard, humanly derived drugs, such as cocaine and heroin would damage the human brain and lead to lesions.

I would posit, also, that reindeer do not eat the soma to 'get high', although this is a pleasing side effect, but to sustain their numbers, as the ingestion of this mushroom invigorates and stimulates the sexual potential of its consumer.  Hence, a male who is lower on the totem pole can no only have more energy and zip to challenge a larger more established bull male, but can follow through and impregnate the female of his desire.

They do taste good sauteed in oil!  Onions, greens, other mushrooms, yum!

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9417757 - 12/12/08 11:51 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

RE RE: didn't see the link before posting last response.  My bad.  I will study it and get back.  Thanks!

Invisiblejohnnyblaze2316

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: West coast Flag
    #9417839 - 12/12/08 12:06 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

lmao

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9417886 - 12/12/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

You know, this stuff (http://www.google.com/search?q=ibotenic+acid+lesion) is written in a language I unfortunately do not understand, namely, scientific jargon.  If the information is really important, why not present it in a manner that is actually of any use to the general public?  I assume, as these tests usually run, that huge amounts of ibotenic acid were administered to these rats, resulting in a foregone conclusion (as was done with comfrey's Pyrrolizidine) regardless of the fact that no human would ever consume such large amounts of the isolated chemicals in question.  Chemicals which are left within their natural environment (mushroom, plant) and consumed en toto do not act, I would hypothesize, the same as chemicals which have been extracted and used in an 'alienated' form.  This is the case, it is claimed, for the organic cyanide contained in apricot pits, which while bound within the compound amygdalin, passes through the body unless it finds a cancer cell, where it is released, destroying the cancer cell.  Apricot and peach pits are another thing which our extraordinarily uninformed parents and grandparents warned us never to eat, when in fact, you can eat a reasonable number a day (10? 20? ) and not suffer any short-term or long-term cyanide poisoning effects, plus you are likely protecting yourself from Cancer, which will kill (statistically) 1 of every 4 people eventually.

So, please translate this link.  It is Greek to me, and I don't understand Greek.  How was the test conducted?  Was the mushroom in its whole state used?  Or were extracts used?  What were the doses?  Thanks for any information you have!  Peace-out.

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

#9423408 - 12/13/08 09:45 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The abstract mentions ibotenic acid-induced brain lesions but I'd have to read the main text to see how the lesions were created. It could've been through injection to the brain or arteries leading to the brain, or perhaps ingestion.

The jargon is that thick because its published in a journal by and for biochemical and neurological researchers. It'd probably be easier to understand if written for a more popular journal/magazine like Science or American Scientist.

The researchers induced the lesions to further their experimentation on certain areas of the rat brain; and surprise the lesioned areas weren't as active as unlesioned brain (save for benzo receptors).

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: N2loma]
    #9435847 - 12/15/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for your response N2loma.

Well this is the problem I have with 'science'.  In order to run a 'test' elements are removed from their natural environment (both the rats and the ibotenic acid) and the conclusions of such test are extrapolated to 'prove' that eating these mushrooms by humans causes brain lesions.  To me it smells like politics....  If you want to know the truth, go scan the brains of shamans in Siberia, or at least feed the rats the whole mushroom in open pens.  Until such rigor is adopted, then I would rather be in the company of shamans than patsy 'researchers' who 'seed' the internet with cryptic mumbo-jumbo which the 'educated' then disseminate to the masses, who eat it whole.  The future of fungophobia is assured. 

Sorry for the attitude but the 'war on drugs' is one of my major pet-peeves.

OfflineMello KittyS
Beautiful Burnout
Female User Gallery

Loc: Sanriotown, Harmonyland
    #9435947 - 12/15/08 10:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

interesting thread

--------------------

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger

Folding@home Statistics
    #9436266 - 12/15/08 11:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cultus fungus said:
RE: brain lesions
OK, so where is the scientific evidence for the brain lesions?  I would be interested in seeing the proof.  There is so much fear-mongering around this fungus that these kinds of claims (like those that have been made about cannabis for example) must be substantiated.  Please post any relevant links concerning the connection between brain lesions and fresh amanita muscaria consumption.

Otherwise you are spreading defamatory fungal rumors which is not nice!

Moreover, it is highly unlikely for a natural animal species, like Lapland reindeer, to continue doing something which would be contrary to their survival and herd-health.  Animals have been shown to do harmful things to themselves, but this almost always occurs within a clinical, human environment, i.e. an environment of alienation.  Rather, this is what humans do, and many of the stupid, unearthly manners in which humans degrade themselves and their environment, I would argue, stem from the alienation from the psychedelic (mind-healing) plants and mushrooms utilized by our ancestors, and that it is more likely that television and hard, humanly derived drugs, such as cocaine and heroin would damage the human brain and lead to lesions.

I would posit, also, that reindeer do not eat the soma to 'get high', although this is a pleasing side effect, but to sustain their numbers, as the ingestion of this mushroom invigorates and stimulates the sexual potential of its consumer.  Hence, a male who is lower on the totem pole can no only have more energy and zip to challenge a larger more established bull male, but can follow through and impregnate the female of his desire.

They do taste good sauteed in oil!  Onions, greens, other mushrooms, yum!

i was joking hence the talking to santa thing:lol:

Or were you replying to someone else? if so click the quick reply on the person you want to reply to post.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9436370 - 12/15/08 12:11 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I always....  never mind.

--------------------

Offlinecultus fungus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Amanita Muscaria [Re: N2loma]
    #9451573 - 12/17/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

So, I looked up 'brain lesion' (I know, I am such an ignoramus) and it turns out there is no real simple definition, nor do we know necessarily if specific brain lesions may be bad, indifferent, good?  I say 'good?', because if you look at the grand scheme of things, this possibility exists. 

Here is an analogous example to elucidate my point.  Imagine you were rock climbing in Yosemite and you had an incredible time, learned alot about climbing, got great exercise, saw beautiful things, bonded with friends in a new and special way, but....you got scratched up a bit (lesions) in the process.  Maybe you got scratched up more than a little, but it healed and now everything is good.  Should you have avoided the climbing trip because of these lesions?  No, right?  Well, doesn't the same apply to entheogenic plants and their use?  Smoking pot sometimes makes my throat all dry and gives my lungs some 'lesions' but I consider this fair use, because of the overwhelmingly positive side of smoking it.  Personally I welcome 'lesions' on the spots in my brain where all the bullshit of 'modern rational life' has taken up camp and has tortured me uselessly for years of my life!    Could this be what some ancient writers allude to when they call 'Jesus' the 'Holy surgeon' -- the power of Amanita Muscaria to target 'brain bullshit', cut it out, and let it grow back 'in His Image'.  An interesting idea....

Anyway, thanks for the info!  I found it very useful....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate