Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Which Bong?
    #3919748 - 03/15/05 04:53 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Recently I gave my friend his first bong experience. We've both been smoking since last November really, me a little longer but only occasionally before then

Not having a bong we bought a 500ml coke bottle and a packet of ball points. You know the rest.

Really what I'm wondering is: Which is the best type of bong you can BUY? are Ice ones any good? Plastic, Ceramic, Glass, or Pyrex? Do they get much better with price?

I've only really got ?15 to spend ($30 for you yanks!).

Also any ideas you have for making a 2 man bong for than price would be great!

That's my query of dial-tones! :stoned::mushroom2:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: Which Bong? [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3919764 - 03/15/05 04:56 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

i've always liked the glass ones best, but they tend to be expensive. if you're in school, rob your chemistry department; it should have flasks and stuff ideally shaped for bongs.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3919814 - 03/15/05 05:21 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Glass is best, but in your price range you aren't likely to find a very nice glass water pipe (bong).  Get yourself a little bubbler or a small pipe, instead.

Check out infamous' glass pipes and water pipes in the market place.  I am sure he will give you a much nicer deal than any website - see what you have for trade or ask him price on a small water pipe, I bet he'll hook a brotha up :thumbup:

--------------------
delta9

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3919961 - 03/15/05 07:02 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

In that price range you'd probably have to go with an acrylic tube bong.

I'd save up a little more and buy a plain clear glass tube bong with an ice catch.

Offlinenateisgreat
Stranger
Re: Which Bong? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3920000 - 03/15/05 07:20 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

My friends and I built a 3 man hookah out of a

1 Gallon Plastic Vodka bottle
Aquarium Tubular Cleaning Kit (Available at Wal-Mart and the like)
Lug nut (Largest that fits into large cleaning tube)
Plastic Cigar tips (Buy a pack of Cigars and rip tips off, clean)

Tools needed:
Dremel Tool
Epoxy
Time.

Cost about $15 US to make. Worked wonderfully. If you didn't want to go that route, I'd suggest a small Acrylic.

--------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today, it's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

OfflineToker5
fungi

Loc: south west
Re: Which Bong? [Re: nateisgreat]
    #3920216 - 03/15/05 08:45 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

This is my glass one ($50). You could find a nice one for $30. I think mines an ice bong because the ice wont go down in the base.

--------------------
why cant we all just get abong?

OfflineLemmiwinks
Looking throughthe mirrorwindows.

Re: Which Bong? [Re: Toker5]
    #3920230 - 03/15/05 08:50 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah go with a nice glass one

OfflineSk8orDie
Stranger
    #3920265 - 03/15/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Quote:

Toker5 said:

This is my glass one ($50). You could find a nice one for $30. I think mines an ice bong because the ice wont go down in the base.

Based on that picuture looks like you got a good deal on that one. Here (New York, USA) glass like that would go for a lot more.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Which Bong? [Re: Sk8orDie]
    #3920270 - 03/15/05 09:09 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Same here... definitely a waaaay better deal than you can get around here.

That piece is like twice as intricate as my bong, and mine cost 175. Looks about the same size, too.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3921426 - 03/15/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

There are plenty of cheap glass bongs in the $30 range. At least where I live anyway....

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Which Bong? [Re: jux]
    #3921477 - 03/15/05 02:55 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Dont waste your money on those acrylic daemons or wizards in pink! Wait a little and get a proper bong! (i.e Glas!)
If you want top of th range youve gotta go Roor! If you aint got that much money id still get a glas bong. The smoke is just so much more mellow. Ice is nice, cause it mellows the whole thing a tad more, but if your only smoking Hydro weed then dont bother. - Oh and another thing is the bong length: The longer it is, the cooler it gets too.
The "head"(dunno proper word) shouldnt be too big, cause you should only pack it as much as you wanna smoke per hit.
Alternatively I know "flutsch-bongs" (in german, again dont know the word). These you dont fill with smoke and then toke, but you inhale all of it in one go. They have smaller heads, and the burnt leftovers just shrivel into nothing, when burned.
In a nutshell: Go Glas, go long (i.e round about 50cm)and dont take a too big a head.(is that chillum in english?!)

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Re: Which Bong? [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #3921494 - 03/15/05 02:59 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

What does hydroponically grown marijuana have to do with using a bong (with ice) or not using a bong (with ice)?

--------------------
delta9

OfflineToker5
fungi

Loc: south west
Re: Which Bong? [Re: delta9]
    #3921526 - 03/15/05 03:07 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

If you want something cheap that will fuck you up, take a 2 liter soda or a water gallon. Cut the bottom off and poke a hole in the top. You can make a bowl out of foil or something, I used a cheap ass chilium and plug it in there. Then find a bucket full of water or a pool and let gravity do the rest, cant even taste the smoke.

--------------------
why cant we all just get abong?

Edited by Toker5 (03/15/05 03:09 PM)

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3921543 - 03/15/05 03:11 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

"the longer it is the cooler it gets."

i think the staler/nastier it gets.
my example would be a six footer is not as smooth as a two foot, even if both are glass and both were full of ice water.

but you are correct glass is well worth it, and one hit "bowls" (head) are preferred by most experienced smokers.

explain a flutsch bong more please, smaller diameter?? smaller bowl (head)??

peace00

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3921566 - 03/15/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Foil is bad for a bowl. It releases vapors that are toxic.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Which Bong? [Re: delta9]
    #3921818 - 03/15/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

@delta9: Well, with that I meand leave free weed to be exact. It taste smooth itself, outdoor which is not well cleaned usually, tastes very harsh.
@Toker5: Well, you can use glue to get high too. But you dont, right? - Get a proper bong, dont bother with D.I.Y crap.
@ZeroZero: Well with 6 foot I dunno. How do you reach for the kick hole?! - A Flutsch Bong has no kick whole. All it has is a small chillum, just big enough to fit one toke. "Flutsch" in german means something like "to go through smoothly and fast". With this the burning herb is meant which "flutsches" through the chillum and into your lungs in an instant, when you hit. (It makes a sound like when you suck something small up really quickly) You never(some people dont with a normal bong either) "preload" the chamber before taking the smoke into your lunsg with type of bong, its done all in one motion.- I hope that explained it. The best I could do!

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

#3921849 - 03/15/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Oh, so you in no way shape or form mean hydro, but rather, high grade marijuana, which has nothing to do with indoor or outdoor, but rather proper cultivation, harvesting, manicuring, drying, and curing.

It's good with ice, too.

--------------------
delta9

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3921887 - 03/15/05 04:34 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

well a six footer is usually a two man job, but......

to hit a bong bigger than three feet you need a lighter tapped to the end of a ruler, tape down the button on the lighter, use a candle to light your lighter, and then you can use your foot to pull the bowl, or rig another yard stick ( meter ruler ) to pull the bowl.
silliest shit you've ever seen, but for a while all we had to smoke out of was a six footer.
i think if i hit a six footer now my lungs would collapse, as we used to actually hit it like a normal bong, full of smoke, and in one breath. I'd say our average bowl was 3 to 4 normal bong hits.

do flutsch bongs have water?? how big?? smaller i guess than a normal bong.?
sorry I'm so curious, i love to take to people about getting stoned/bongs in foreign lands.
00 :grin:

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#3921940 - 03/15/05 04:49 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

@delta9: Well, if you insist yes. But for me at least, this only ocurs for indoor. The taste of outdoor Iv had was mostly crude and harsh. Thats not talking about the effect. (I take it your a grower and feel insulted, that was not my intention)

--------------------

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#3922011 - 03/15/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

@zerozero: It really isnt all that different!:) But, no it has no water in it, but in terms of size ive only seen a max of 60cm(top to bottom) They are usually out of ceramic (non-see-through) and cleaning is a bitch!
(--> whilest posting i googled the hell out of my browser for ya... here the results)
First of all, the proper term is a "holland bong"
now, I found some pictures for pretty ugly ones, but trust me there are also ceramic ones!
http://www.tillshilohmusic.nl/holland_bong.htm (Notice it says "Ohne Kickloch" in black lettering in the top row down the side of a bong. This one doesnt have a kickhole(??again, I dont know english in terms of smoking up)

Hope this gives you the insight.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom