Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
changing tek's...kind of
    #3919156 - 03/15/05 12:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, a foaf grew a nice harvest with some Penis Envy's and a semi-pre-packaged kit. It started off inoculated in a bag of rye grain (i think, not BRF though), made great thick mycellium, then broke it up into quarter sized bits and mixed it into a 3'X 1' tupperware bin with a manure based soil. Everything grew fine.....

Now, this foaf is doing PF tek. I have read 2 seperate styles which confuse me. One is dumping the cake onto perlite, and the other is mixing it into a bin of substrate. Which one is best if this foaf is planning on doing 18 1/2 pint jars?

Also, i couldnt find any threads in my search for how best to sterelize jars without a pressure cooker. this foaf has a perfect pot to boil them in, so should they try to suspend them out of the water just to get steamed, or use the washcloth on the bottom method?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
Re: changing tek's...kind of [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3919259 - 03/15/05 01:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok first of all... I'm glad your friend did good so far.... Now my opinion is that you should go with bulk substrates, or casings... Since you are doing 18 1/2 pints... You'll most likely get many more fruits that way, and since you have so many to work with, you can afford to possibly lose a few due to contams... Not sayin that you will, but its a definite possibility.

Secondly... To sterilize BRF jars, all you need to do is put them in a large pot, put EITHER a rag, or rack, OR even a dinner plate on the bottom to avoid direct heat. Next, in my personal past experience, you should fill the water about 1/3 the way up the jars. I used to do this to avoid running the pot dry during boiling. You definitely want to avoid that. Well brother, i hope this definitely helped your friend out. If you need anymore info, post again and I'll try to help you out as much as i can. Good Luck...... Peace

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: changing tek's...kind of [Re: Floydseamus]
    #3919531 - 03/15/05 02:16 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, thanks for that post, but it made more questions for me.

Should my foaf go with PF Tek (BRF, verm etc) then go with casing it into 3 fruiting bins?
or try whole grains, in jars with casing it?
OR... PF tek into bulk substrates?

this foaf also got a syringe of penis envy's, which fruited good at a constant 85-87 degrees, but i see people posting that 75-81 is good... should he go with what temp has already worked? or keep it at 81?

OfflineDSD
devil

Loc: Bad,Bad person - minus ...
Re: changing tek's...kind of [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3919597 - 03/15/05 02:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

in my personal opinion you need to start from square one. do the pf tek until you have that under controll. i don't wan't to sound like an asshole but until you have a firm grip on that you will only get contams w/ casings. you can still get great results w/ pf tek from jars if you have a good grow chamber.
if you want to do casing for quanity.start w/co/coir - less chance of contams. - if you think you are in the big league go w/ cow shit, but you will have to have some knoweldge. good luck friend.

OfflineAnything4Poppies
Wanderer Who HasCome Home

Re: changing tek's...kind of [Re: DSD]
    #3919882 - 03/15/05 05:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

well my first grow i didnt do pf tek and i had 0% contams... the idea is to follow a tek and be clean clean clean... noobs CAN do it, good luck

noob
---A4P

--------------------
"What a long, strange trip it's been" --- GD
"I think, Therefore I am." --- Rene Descartes

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds