Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

My first grow
    #3915878 - 03/14/05 10:57 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Hi every one!! ive been around the forums for a while but never made a post. any way I have 6 1/2 pint jars colonizing with B+. right now there under my dresser untill I get my incubator set up. but im kinda worrid I messed up when I was sterilizing cause I forgot to put tinfoil over the jars  :crazy: but they still had tape over the holes do you think they will be okay? also im thinking of casing two of the 1/2 pints with a 50/50 mix of peat and verm. good idea? or should I just cake all 6 sense its my first time? thanks for any help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: My first grow [Re: dfslkfsd]
    #3915885 - 03/14/05 10:58 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Hope to see an answer to this... I am wondering how important the boiling step is since I don't have a pressure cooker & the microwave technique is said not to be a good idea.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #3915892 - 03/14/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

hey and welcome to the shroomery!

your cakes should be fine unless the tape came off when they were sterilizing.

as for casign , it can be just as easy as cakesprovided u have the right supplies and conditions. id suggest u experiment by casign half and fruitng half as cakes. or cas 2 like u planned.

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: My first grow [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3915973 - 03/14/05 11:20 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Im casing half my first grow and doing cakes on the other half, that way, if i totally fuck up on one, i got at least the other half to try and rescue.

Has your B+ fucking grown like wild fire, mine has compared to everything else. So far the slowest grower has been my golden teacher.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: My first grow [Re: Photoguy]
    #3916030 - 03/14/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

yea i heard golden teacher is one of the slowest to colonize

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
Re: My first grow [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3916069 - 03/14/05 11:44 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

okay check this out the only thing i can get here where i live is some shit called plantation, it has peat,perl,verm,and lime so do u think this will work for a caseing, its used for seed starting

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

Re: My first grow [Re: pleco]
    #3916082 - 03/14/05 11:46 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Yeah the boiling step is pretty important I dont have a PC either so here is what I did.

and yea my B+ are going pretty fast actually. I thought B+ was suposed to be a real slow colonizer.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
    #3916159 - 03/14/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

you can always do oven pasturization at 175

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

Offlinedfslkfsd
Pot head

#3916425 - 03/14/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

oh yah I have a quick question about my incubator heater. I will be using a ?15watt? fishtank heater in a plastic gallon milk jug. will there be any problems with the milk jug getting too hot? just being safe.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds