Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesunofogun
the nextcastaneda

cooking straw
    #3916065 - 03/14/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hey! I didnt know where to put this question lol... I always pasteurize my straw on my electric stove in a big washtub with all four burners on... today it tripped the circuit breaker off before it got to like 140 degrees.  I turned the breaker back on and the stove works, but I'm afraid it will happen again if try cooking the straw... is it safe?  why did it happen this time?  any body know anything about electricity?? :smile:

--------------------
I want something good to die for -- to make it beautiful to live - a new mistake - lose is more than hesitates QOTSA

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: cooking straw [Re: sunofogun]
    #3916093 - 03/14/05 01:47 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

you're drawing too much current with all 4 burners on.  i'm assuming you've got them all on high???  if so turn them down a bit, as electric stoves get very hot, and you don't need them on high to get to pasteurizing temps.  also, you can flip the breaker that controls your stove to see what else is on that circuit, and turn everything else on that circuit off while you pasteurize your straw... GL bro :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: cooking straw [Re: sunofogun]
    #3916133 - 03/14/05 01:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

well there could be a number of things so i will just throw a few at ya.
1) the load could have been too much for the circuit.
2)the electrical cable it self got too hot from the power being drawn and tripped your breaker.
3) the breaker isn't regulation size. it should be on it's own 20 amp circuit but a lot of housing developments and small contractors will be cheap and just put it on a circuit with other things such as kitchen outlets ect.
try the oven tek next time... you will be using only one coil(the oven coil) and might possibly draw less power. good luck.

Offlinesunofogun
the nextcastaneda

Re: cooking straw [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3916202 - 03/14/05 02:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

sleepy thanks i jsut read your criminal law post great stuff you remind me of my best friend he always sticks it to the fuzz. one time he got pulled over by bike cops for running a stop sign on a street with no stop sign and they searched and found pot lol he got it dismissed in court but every year, they illegally try to take him back to court for it!! lol new guy ill check out the oven tek i guess thanks yall:)

--------------------
I want something good to die for -- to make it beautiful to live - a new mistake - lose is more than hesitates QOTSA

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation