Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Real Quick! USB External Harddrive Suggestions, Please!
    #3915750 - 03/14/05 12:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

See last post!!!

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Edited by Locus (04/28/05 08:46 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: External Harddrive [Re: Locus]
    #3918805 - 03/15/05 01:09 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i have one and really like it as i can keep alot of pics, movies, programs with me on it. it's really handy to have to fix computers without internet access, transfer files to another computer quickly, and backup. i bring mine to work and have all my stuff, it's pretty cool :smile:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: External Harddrive [Re: Locus]
    #3918835 - 03/15/05 01:21 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

just find a big, fast harddrive and then pop it into an enclosure like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41911&item=5175078403&rd=1

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Real Quick! USB External Harddrive! Suggestions! follow up thanks...! [Re: Locus]
    #4105985 - 04/28/05 08:42 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

Ok Real Quick.... Hey I thought id bring this topic back up as im definitely getting one today or tomorrow. Just wanted to get any more suggestions if possible.. i want one thats going to work and not fuck with me or lose my shit. i want one with somewhere between 80 and 200 gb. it is for my laptop, so i can transfer all my files by backing them all up onto this external drive from my usb port on my laptop. the external drives do work for laptops right, of coarse right? ok...  so anyone have any suggestion on the best and most reliable external usb hardrive? im just looking for the best one so i can be sure this will hold all my important files safely. thanks you guys.. hopefully you can help me out real quick if possible.. no big deal, but i just want some more opinions before i go out and get one or buy online. thanksssss :smile:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineBigGameHunter
Tech
Re: Real Quick! USB External Harddrive! Suggestions! follow up thanks...! [Re: Locus]
    #4108448 - 04/28/05 09:17 PM (12 years, 2 days ago)

I would get the usb enclosure and the hard drive seperately instead of the ones that are all in one. If you fill up the hard drive or the hard drive goes bad you can just take the the full hard drive or the defective hard drive out & put another hard drive in the enclosure. Also I don't know how old your laptop is, but you may want to make sure you get a usb enclosure or usb hard drive that is both usb 1.1 & usb 2.0 compatible. (most new ones are) That way you've got both tranfer rates covered in case your laptop doesn't support usb 2.0

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology