Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips
    #3914035 - 03/13/05 10:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This friday!

My problem is that I'm not all that motivated to do this. The reason is that last time I tripped was halloween. My friend tripped on 3.5 grams- so hard he didn't know what was going on, and ended up sitting down in the woods; didn't want me to leave him, and didn't want me to make any sounds either. So naturally I got angry and left him in front of his house. I, on the other hand, ate 3.5 grams and didn't hardly trip at all. Ended up sitting on the kitchen floor with my dog as my only company.

So this friday absolutely positively can be nothing like last time! My pooch is gonna hook me up with 10.5 grams this time. That's 150 percent of what I had last time. 3.5 for him, 7(?) for me, maybe?

A day alone is a must. One setting where we don't have to move around much. Last time we were at the marina but my friend immediately wanted to sleep. Need interesting and exciting stuff to do, definitely. I'm thinking a good cartoon movie would do the trick. Non-television trip toys are a definite must. Bass guitar, oranges, comfy things, drawing tools. What can I do to make this day flow so well? Also, as someone with a naturally high tolerance to mushrooms, what can I expect from 7 grams? The most I have ever eaten is <4 grams, and I have had open eye visuals only once, although I have tripped 5 times. I have never seen that wall-breathing effect that everyone describes.

I would really like to go in the woods. If you have any advice on how to get my friend, who will get very lazy, out of the house or wherever we choose to be, and walking around, please let me know. I was considering convincing him to take caffeine pills, but, I dunno. Any thoughts on how to rouse a lazy tripper? This one's important to me.

Much love to the shroomery,

red nucleus

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (03/13/05 10:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: RedNucleus]
    #3914208 - 03/13/05 11:17 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Each person trips in their own way, so it's important to find a trip buddy that is similar in regards to that. Also each trip is different, I've had trips where I just wanna sit around the house and be lazy, and I've had others there I wanna go explore.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3914248 - 03/13/05 11:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

With 7 grams you'll trip your balls off. IMO that's a pretty big step for someone who has only eaten at most 4 grams.

Quote:

I have never seen that breathing effect that everyone describes

You will experience alot more than just the floor breathing, be ready for an intense experience at 7 grams. :smile:

Quote:

I would really like to go in the woods. If you have any advice on how ot get my friend, who will get very lazy, out of the house or wherever we choose to be, and walking around, please let me know.

When some people eat mushrooms they dont like to walk around, especially on larger dosages (an eight an up for me). So its hard to convince someone to do something that do want to do, especially when they have just eaten some mushrooms. I dont really know what to say except you guys have to agree on something, maybe if you feel like going for a walk, just go for it, leave him to have his own adventure :smile: Happy trails

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineunearth
Stranger
Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: Kerr]
    #3916458 - 03/14/05 01:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RyanKerr said:
With 7 grams you'll trip your balls off. IMO that's a pretty big step for someone who has only eaten at most 4 grams.

Quote:

I have never seen that breathing effect that everyone describes

You will experience alot more than just the floor breathing, be ready for an intense experience at 7 grams. :smile:

Quote:

I would really like to go in the woods. If you have any advice on how ot get my friend, who will get very lazy, out of the house or wherever we choose to be, and walking around, please let me know.

When some people eat mushrooms they dont like to walk around, especially on larger dosages (an eight an up for me). So its hard to convince someone to do something that do want to do, especially when they have just eaten some mushrooms. I dont really know what to say except you guys have to agree on something, maybe if you feel like going for a walk, just go for it, leave him to have his own adventure :smile: Happy trails

my friends brother ate 9 shrooms before,he didnt seem that bad,he was jsut doing dumb ass stuff out of the ordianry though

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: unearth]
    #3916510 - 03/14/05 01:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

my friends brother ate 9 shrooms before,he didnt seem that bad,he was jsut doing dumb ass stuff out of the ordianry though

Was that 9 mushrooms or 9 grams? :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineWaffleton
Stranger
Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: Kerr]
    #3918053 - 03/14/05 08:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

7 grams, man. Whoah. And I thought I could handle 4 grams (I soon found the opposite is true, haha). Just be prepared to expect some pretty heavy tripping.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: Waffleton]
    #3918627 - 03/14/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When you start asking yourself "WTF is going on... this can't be right", just remember that it's the shrooms.

Magic Mushrooms can induce pretty intense and bizarre experiences, never forget that you are in a totally different reality because of the shrooms. It can get pretty real.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

Loc: Restaurant @ End of Unive...
    #3919576 - 03/15/05 02:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

7 grams is a lot, man. The thing with mushrooms is to always approach them with the greatest of respect. In my experience, there can be a fine line between exciting and frightening. On the other hand, though, even the strongest psychedelic experience can be very enjoyable and beneficial as long as you remember to "let go" of reality. You can't hide from a good trip, not even by closing your eyes, and that can be scary if you're not prepared for it but tremendously exciting if you just accept it and remember that "this is fun" (it really is :tongue:).

As far as the getting out of the house and going for a walk thing, more power to you. Whenever a trip starts to get strong I think its always best to change your surroundings/go for a walk/expose your overclocked brain to novel inputs.

If you need help luring cozy trippers out into the open it always helps to have numbers on your side (ie have a group of people to trip with consisting MOSTLY of people who are down to wander). If the cozy person is a smoker, luring them out with cigarettes/weed is always a good plan. If they're paranoid just reassure them that everything's cool, you'll look out for them, and remind them of (in my opinion) the first rule of tripping in public: nobody can tell that you're tripping, period, you may think they can but they definitely can't. Also make sure that your clothing matches the environment, a lot of trippers who i know are much more willing to go outside if they're really warm.

If all else fails, an exciting destination lures even the most non-mobile of trippers out into the open. "Let's go check out the sunset at the cliffs", or "you have to see that really cool tree in the forest while you're tripping" works better than "let's go for a walk".

Oh yeah... if ur looking for an interesting cartoon to watch I highly recommend Dr. Seuss's "hooberbloob highway" and "the lorax", they're pretty short but cool to watch whilst altered. Anyways, hope some of that helps. Happy tripping! Peeeeace.

--------------------
You are sleeping with your eyes open.

OfflineLemmiwinks
Looking throughthe mirrorwindows.

Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: hankfu]
    #3920246 - 03/15/05 08:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

native drums are alot of fun!

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: Lemmiwinks]
    #3920771 - 03/15/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Try five grams and try to stay in a dark room until you can't stand it anymore. See how far you can get as a challenge to yourself... :crazy2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

#3921761 - 03/15/05 04:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"If all else fails, an exciting destination lures even the most non-mobile of trippers out into the open."

It's funny you say that. My friend was so set on going to sleep. He didn't want to walk around town at all. But when I suggested walking to the beach, 2 miles away, he was all ready to go!

Thanks for the cartoon recommendations, I will search the library.

To the person who suggested drums, thanks. I will try to collect as many instruments as possible.

I'm still set on a 1/4 ounce for this friday. Talk me out of it if you think it'll do me no good. I've smoked 15x salvia and the world pretty much became an enormous clockwork machine, rending my flesh through different dimensions, while sending me on a visual rocket coaster through a dreamland cityscape. I've tripped on marijuana (when I first started smoking) to the point of seeing things vividly, having severe auditory and open eye hallucinations, and thinking demons were invading my soul. And I'm still sane and happy. I haven't had an intense psychedelic experience in two years. I think I am ready for more.

--------------------
Namaste

Edited by RedNukleus (03/15/05 04:23 PM)

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

Loc: Restaurant @ End of Unive...
    #3921831 - 03/15/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RedNukleus said:
I haven't had an intense psychedelic experience in two years. I think I am ready for more.

Right on brother... that's definitely the spirit. Just remember that insanity is your friend as long as it's temporary (and it always is). Have a good time and be safe!

--------------------
You are sleeping with your eyes open.

OfflineJROS14
Protege
Loc: SF, CA
    #3922224 - 03/15/05 06:10 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

smoking 15x salvia and ur first trips on weed i dont think would really compare to 7 grams of shrooms. i would say try 5 or maybe 5.5 (that's already a LOT). if u've never done more than 4, jumping to 7 is a very, VERY big jump.

also, if you really want to take 7, why not take 5, then eat the other 2 later if you don't feel your experience is sufficient? just keep in mind that if 7 g turns out to be too strong, ur gonna have a bad, bad, bad time, and theres nothing u can do about it (maybe get some valium). but if 5 g is too weak, there are things you can do to make it better.

--------------------
**GRoUP HUG**

Invisiblemycophyle
tool
 User Gallery
Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: JROS14]
    #3923398 - 03/15/05 10:01 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When I shroom with my g/f, we both kinda do our own thing. Sure, we're hanging together, and often we just lay in bed together (maybe not cool for you to do w/ your friend!), but then I get antsy and have to keep moving, so I will jump up and do whatever, then she gets involved in something else. We constantly check in with each other, try to play scrabble or do some mad-libs (that's real fun!). Then we're off doing our own things again. It's really a nice experience with her because there's no expectation to stick to some predetermined plan.

It gets really wacky at her apartment because it's small, so as I'm walking around in circles trying to find junk to do, she's doing the same and we keep bumping into each-other!

--------------------
Fight Apathy.
Or Don't.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #3923971 - 03/16/05 12:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Someday I'll write a trip report on my one 7 gram trip.

I've been tripping on shrooms for over 25 years (over 150 times, I guess) and
only did 7 grams ONCE. Unless you have a very strong will and something to keep you grounded (like familiar music through headphones) you will definitely experience ego death. Had I removed my headphones when my brain began to miscomprehend the music, I'd have gone off to nowhere-land in just a moment. But I kept them on and tried my damnedest to hear the music as it should sound and I managed to remain me through the peak, though it was very difficult for about 10 minutes or so.

So, I haven't been there, although, I've been staring through the doorway to it a few times, once on the 7 grams, once on 6 and once on just 5 (my minimum dose).

Every time I see that threshold, I have the overwhelming desire NOT to cross it. It's scary.

If I were you, I'd take the advice of most others in this thread and step up to 5 grams. The jump from <4 to 7 is like going from driving a 5hp go-kart to a 600hp Porsche. Drive the 250hp Cadillac first, then try the Porsche.

If you are intent on experiencing ego death, then by all means, go ahead and do the 7 grams, but keep in mind, we all warned you. You can experience ego death on just 5 grams, 7 is a almost certain ego death if you're not experienced.

As for advice on what to do during your trip... Well, if you're gonna do 7 grams, you should probably do it in a dark quiet environment where you're very comfortable and safe and just let go and let the shrooms take you where they will.

If you decide to do 5 grams, which I hope you do (because it's a lot more fun not to go all the way, trust me), I'd suggest listening to some great, energetic, feel-good, trip music through headphones in a dark room.

My best recommendation

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Re: You know the drill, I need some hip trip tips [Re: TM]
    #3923998 - 03/16/05 12:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

This website contains a lot of valuable information that has given me confidence in this experience and the fact that it will be positive.

http://www.thehemperor.net/nontesters/thehemperor/psychedelic.html

I am not afraid of the world, of horrors worse than any I have experienced, or of bitter and long overlooked truth.

--------------------
Namaste

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #3924011 - 03/16/05 12:33 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Then do it, eat the 7 grams and experience the total loss of reality, if that's what you have your heart set on.

Enjoy. It will be an enlightening experience that you won't have a desire to repeat any time soon.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Offlinepyriel
Stranger

Loc: CA
    #3928967 - 03/17/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I always find it great although hard some times to close my eyes for longer than a few seconds. Adding weed will most certainly ad a calmer atmosphere to any trip. Extremely Trippy music perhaps something from the chemical brothers and I prefer to always be with real friends ones that I can trust and that I know would never let anything happen to me. Avoiding comunication of any type from ALL PEOPLE you dont want to know.

--------------------
Wait... Am I on Salvia?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate