Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Do You Believe In Conspiracies?
    #3913570 - 03/13/05 09:00 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Do You Believe In Conspiracies?
By Eric Hufschmid
3-12-5

I often hear people proudly boast, "I don't believe in conspiracy theories", as if they are boasting that they don't have an alcohol problem. There is a widespread attitude that conspiracy theories are a symptom of a paranoid mind. My brother's wife made the wisecrack to me, "Seen any black helicopters lately?"

One reason people dislike conspiracy theories is because they cause fights between the conspiracy theorists and the accused. The people accused of the conspiracy always insist that they are innocent. The fights can become unpleasant and confusing, and that causes a lot of people to avoid getting involved.

Was there a Conspiracy to sell Tobacco?

For example, did executives of tobacco companies conspire to hide information about the dangers of tobacco? Some people say yes, in which case we could describe it as a conspiracy to deceive the American people about the dangers of tobacco. However, the tobacco executives insist they are innocent.

Was there a Conspiracy to Destroy Trains?

For a more complex example, in the 1930's, executives from General Motors, Firestone, and Standard Oil formed a company called the National City Lines which used buses from General Motors, tires from Firestone, and fuel from the Standard Oil company. Some people accuse National City Lines and several other corporations of being part of a conspiracy to destroy the electric trains that were developing in America at that time.

In 1949 our government convicted several of those corporations of violating antitrust laws. However, there is still a dispute over whether they merely violated a few laws, or whether they were part of a conspiracy to destroy the electric trains.

It should be obvious that America's train system is among the worst in the world. The latest trains of Europe and Japan look like something from a science-fiction movie. Some European trains are reaching speeds of 185 miles per hour, and China is experimenting with a train that can go even faster.

Why are American trains so crummy? Is it because of a conspiracy to destroy trains? Or is it because the American people just don't care about trains?

We may never know exactly why our train system is pathetic because the people accused of conspiring to destroy it are certain to insist that there was no conspiracy, even if there was. Every conspiracy theory results in a confusing fight between the people making the accusations and the people insisting that they are innocent.

I think another reason people avoid conspiracy theories is because when they convince themselves that there is no such thing as conspiracies, they don't have to worry about them. When a person refuses to believe in conspiracies, he can ignore the evidence on the grounds that it is paranoid nonsense. He doesn't have to bother reading books or watching videos, nor does he have to think about or discuss how to make a better nation. Refusing to consider conspiracies is taking the easy and irresponsible path in life.

Everybody Believes In Conspiracy Theories

Even though most people ridicule conspiracy theories, almost everybody believes in at least one conspiracy. However, if the majority of people believe in a conspiracy, it is considered a "fact" or a "sensible government policy" rather than a conspiracy.

For example, millions of Americans believe South Americans and Mexicans are making us use drugs. I would refer to this as the "Drug Dealer Conspiracy" because it claims a group of people are conspiring to make us use drugs.

There are so many Americans who believe in the Drug Dealer Conspiracy that our government spends millions of dollars each year trying to arrest the dealers. We also spend money on the spraying of herbicides on drug crops in South America. Many people refer to this as a War On Drugs.

Occasionally policemen, customs agents, and other people die in the process of protecting us from drugs. I would describe their deaths as foolish wastes of life, but most people consider their deaths to be noble sacrifices for the American people.

I would describe the Drug Dealer Conspiracy as a stupid theory because drug dealers cannot make us use drugs. By comparison, the theory that electric trains were destroyed by group of corporate executives is entirely possible because those executives were capable of interfering with the development of trains.

However, since most Americans believe in the Drug Dealer Conspiracy, it is not considered a conspiracy, nor is it considered stupid. Rather, it is considered a "sensible government policy to protect Americans from drugs".

I can't help but wonder how ridiculous the situation has to be before the majority of Americans realize how stupid this war on drugs is. For example, what if some South Americans began offering Do-It-Yourself Lobotomy Kits. If millions of Americans were buying these kits, and then giving themselves lobotomies, would you demand we start a War On The Lobotomy Kits? Would you complain that the South American Lobotomy Pushers are destroying the American people?

If a policeman died in the process of trying to stop the Lobotomy Pushers, would you describe his death as a great sacrifice to the American people? Or would you say he was a fool who threw his life away?

The American Conquest Conspiracy

For another example, millions of people believe our government is controlled by a small group of people. Republicans, for example, believe that the government is controlled by small group of liberals, and their solution to the problem is to elect more Republicans. Liberals, on the other hand, believe the government is controlled by small group of Republicans.

Some people complain that the government is controlled by "The Special Interests", the "Lobbyists", the Military Establishment, "Political Action Committees", Bilderbergs, Zionists, Neocons, Fascists, or Nazis.

I would refer to this as the "American Conquest Conspiracy" because it claims a group of people are conspiring to take control of America's government.

I agree that a small number of people have a tremendous influence over our government, but this conspiracy theoriy is as stupid as the Drug Dealer Conspiracy because a small group of people cannot control a large majority unless the majority allow themselves to be controlled.

However, since it is so common for Americans to blame our crummy government on small groups of people, let me give you an extreme example to show why I consider this conspiracy to be stupid.

Imagine that a few dozen children who live in the Washington D.C. area walk over to the capitol and demand that the government provide free candy to all children. The next day the President Bush passes legislation to increase taxes to purchase and distribute candy to children all over America. As you watched adults distribute candy to children, would you complain that the U.S. government is controlled by a few children? Or would you realize that the American voters are jerks who have elected so many lunatics that our government follows the orders of children?

Now imagine a small group of adults goes to Washington D.C. and asks for some legislation that harms the nation but benefits those few adults. The next day the President Bush passes the legislation they asked for. Would you complain that the U.S. Government is being controlled by a small number of adults?

What's the difference between a group of children telling the U.S. government what to do, and a group of adults telling the U.S. government what to do? In both cases our government is pathetic, and the voters ought to be ashamed of themselves.

A few drug dealers cannot make a nation take drugs. Instead, the people must voluntarily make the decision to use drugs. Likewise, a small group of people cannot control a nation. Instead, the majority of citizens must be so irresponsible and incompetent that they create a government that is easily manipulated.

Some people complain that our government officials are bribed and blackmailed, but how could that be possible unless the voters were electing candidates who could be bribed and blackmailed? Why don't the voters select better candidates?

A nation with a crummy government is vulnerable to abuse by both its own citizens and by foreign nations. And that is exactly what America has. The voters have given us a crummy government, and as a result, Washington D.C. is full of selfish people who are fighting with each other to influence our crummy government.

Complaining about the people who abuse our crummy government is not going to solve our problems. We need a respectable government, and we need respectable voters.

The Helpless Voter Conspiracy

Some people respond to me that we cannot create a respectable government because the elections are controlled by a mysterious group of evil people. These evil people forced us to select between Al Gore and George Bush in the 2000 election, and were forcing us to select between John Kerry and George Bush in the upcoming election.

I am also told that this mystery group alters the votes with electronic touch screens, so it doesn't matter who we vote for. I would refer to this as the "Helpless Voter Conspiracy".

It certainly seems true that a small group of people have selected George Bush and John Kerry to be our presidential candidates, but we could easily tell both candidates to apply for some other job.

What would you think if your friend spent $5,000 on a do-it-yourself lobotomy kit, and when you asked him why, he replied that the South American salesman only gave him two choices; a lobotomy kit, and a suicide kit, and he chose the lesser of the evils.

When a voter complains that he must select between Bush or Kerry, and that he is going to vote for the lesser of the evils, he is behaving in the same stupid manner.

The Helpless Voter Conspiracy is stupid because voters are not helpless. Rather, they are irresponsible, incompetent, and easily manipulated.

The voters can select anybody they want as president. Voters can refuse to vote if they don't like any of the candidates. Voters are even allowed to write a person's name on the ballot. This allows them to elect people who are not on the ballot, such as you or me. And they can throw government leaders out of office whenever they want, even if it is not an election year.

http://www.erichufschmid.net/Conspiracies_Underdogs_Main.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineendokrin
Stranger

Loc: SouthEast
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3913606 - 03/13/05 09:07 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

yeah i believe in conspiracies...
the problem is that i can't prove any of them...
if i could they wouldn't be conspiracies anymore.. :wink:

or would they?
maybe even if i could prove them, the conspirator would cover it up/brainwash ppl so it wouldn't matter.. of course, i doubt this has ever happened! we would have heard about it on the news! :rolleyes: :confused:

--------------------
"If King Kong sells drugs, we'll put him in jail"

Invisibleroby000
me
Trans-male
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? *DELETED* [Re: endokrin]
    #3913771 - 03/13/05 09:47 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Post deleted by roby000

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: roby000]
    #3915663 - 03/14/05 09:47 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Voters are even allowed to write a person's name on the ballot

on an electronic touch screen ballot? Wow

Quote:

This allows them to elect people who are not on the ballot, such as you or me.

So that means....if one of us was a multi billionaire and could afford the publicity etc then people all over the country would notice that person and vote for that person - Might as well run as a candidate...

Otherwise it's gonna be pretty insignificant voting for your pal up the street.

Quote:

And they can throw government leaders out of office whenever they want, even if it is not an election year.

Go on then - throw them out of office - RIGHT NOW...plllleaaase...(hmmm this sounds like a conspiracy!!!)

Lets hold a ballot right now!

Viva la revolution!

The vote is a con - don't bother voting

...and the reason most "irresponsible, incompetent, and easily manipulated" vote for the main man? Because he protects their greedy gas guzzlin super sized and paranoid asses - the status quo

You know in most modern democracies about 40% of the electorate vote..(I suppose the rest are not  "irresponsible, incompetent, and easily manipulated"???)..and of the votes the winning party usually gets maybe 40-50%. That means the party is voted in by 50% of 40% of the population = 20%

It takes around 20% of the grand sum of possible voters to get someone in....no chance of a tyranny of the majority! Just plain tyranny.

Go on vote for your pal  :wink:

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3915740 - 03/14/05 10:14 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

This is some pretty silly logic.

X conspiracy actually happened, therefore, you should also believe Y did.

I'm sorry, that's just not how it works. The facts are different for each incident. When there is good evidence, that's one thing, when people use wild speculation, and the "quantity over quality" method of evidence gathering, you probably aren't looking at a valid theory. An unanswered question isn't evidence for something... it's just something that you don't know anything about.

It's kind of funny how people actually think the president can't get a blowjob without it becoming a media frenzy, but surely the government must be able to orchestrate massive terrorist attacks without any further evidence than speculative nonsense coming out.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3916095 - 03/14/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I believe in conspiracy theories on a case by case basis. This is to say that about 95% of them I don't believe since it is usually some guy with his own website starting a rumor **ahem** like 911 was a plot by the US to attack arabs.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3916596 - 03/14/05 02:06 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

To me there is only one grand conspiracy, going back thousands of years it has all been crafted and planned.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: faslimy]
    #3916607 - 03/14/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Read the last quote of my sig... tis' the greatest conspiracy of all.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3916616 - 03/14/05 02:13 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

and what would that conspiracy be?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (03/14/05 02:36 PM)

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3916642 - 03/14/05 02:24 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Reptilians. They want your precious bodily fluids.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3916650 - 03/14/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

if there is a conspiracy..the conspirators dont seem to be taking any pains to hide it...they even have a website...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3916684 - 03/14/05 02:34 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

:lol: counterintelligence conspiracy Annapurna1... thought you would have seen that.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: Phluck]
    #3916696 - 03/14/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

ha...it's always the reptilians.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3916724 - 03/14/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Well I'll just straight up say it for the record, you won't believe it anyway. You have already decided what you will and will not believe most likely.

Everything that you see, taste, smell, feel and hear is an illusion put there to make you believe that this reality is as real as it gets. The laws of our universe where written by men, when they decided on a law it became the law. We share consensus reality and when we are born we are conditioned with these laws and our 5 senses reinforce this. What we believe is real, becomes real.

I'll give you an example of how what our minds think is real can become our reality. I'm sure you have heard of the CIA's mind programming project MKUltra, a technique perfected by the nazis in the concentration camps and passed on into the CIA (who are largly still the same nazis)

Anyway this method of mind programming is based on trauma, they found if you traumatise the mind from early age as a defense mechanism it will block out the highly traumatic memories and create different personas in the brain to deal with different situations. These people call the different personalities 'altars' and some mind controlled vistims are known to have more than 10 different altars in their brains who are all unaware of each other.. basically extreme deliberate schitzphrenia (sp?)

Getting to the point, there are people who work to deprogram some of these mind controlled people who have escaped their masters and what they witness during these deprogramming sessions is what science would call a mystery (there is no such thing as a mystery it only points out the flaws of science). Now these altars in the mind can be activated by code words, colours etc and they are programmed specifically to perform tasks such as assisanations, drug running, rounding up children for elite pedophile rings. The person has what is called a front altar which is there day to day persona that everyone sees, it thinks it is a normal person and is unaware of the other altars in its brain. Usually the front altars is made to appear very strange so that when they are caught committing the crimes they are programmed to do it is easy for people to say things like 'he always was a bit strange' 'had the potential to be a murderer' etc

Still begging the point.. when the people trying to deprogram these slaves worked out the codewords for different mind altars they found that when a new altar took over the mind and body sometimes the phsycial appearance would change. Sometimes moles on the face would completely disapear, furthermore with female subjects the menstrual cycle would change when an altar was changed and if you cycled through all the altars then a continuous amount of blood would come out forever.. pretty disgusting but it makes the point that whatever the brain thinks is real will become real.

Time, gravity, the 5 senses they are all tools used by ourselves to trap ourselves. When I say ourselves I am meaning everything, because there is only one thing in this 'universe' of 'existance' and it is everything, we are it, we are one.. we have just forgotton and we will keep on not knowing with all these rules, laws and boundaries we set for ourselves.

Should I bother to keep going? I typed that out fast i wonder if it makes sense

Edited by faslimy (03/16/05 03:02 PM)

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3923705 - 03/15/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

thats why i only drink grain alcohol and rainwater or distillied water

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3923765 - 03/15/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Could you please fake another straw man argument?

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: newuser1492]
    #3923787 - 03/15/05 11:22 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

:lol: I demand evidence of all these Alars/Atlars you are talking about!! Interesting shit though.

As far as existance and our control of it... how is it that those that are part of a TAZ's (those that are in the Total Autonomous Zone e.g. outside of the influence of our thought processes) are still bound to the existance and dynamics of laws that we are? Or what of Wica (sp?)? Odd... they're bound by the same dynamics we all are, yet have different beliefs... unless that is an Alar/Atlar persona?

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #3923801 - 03/15/05 11:26 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

The drug war is a good example of government deception. I can't believe that drug users who understand this still trust the government.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Do You Believe In Conspiracies? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3923805 - 03/15/05 11:30 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

I believe there are conspiracies. However, i don't believe some conspiracy theories. There are several conspiracies going on in the world right now. Sweatshops are a terrible reality & conspiracy that is very prominent. There are still some slavery conspiracies in this world like those in Niger, for example (http://search.csmonitor.com/search_content/0310/p07s01-woaf.html). Conspiracies are a very major problem with governments & corporations now days. The corruption of such institutions leads to cheating the people out of knowledge or other things. Just an opinion, not a fact.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#3923879 - 03/15/05 11:57 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

How am I to differentiate that from fiction?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder