Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Need help on what to grow first
    #3913708 - 03/13/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

can anyone help me out here?  i want to know everybodies opinions on what the best tasting gourmet mushroom is, and what they actually taste like when cooked a specific way.

so if you could let me in on any recipes and what the mushrooms taste like when cooked that way(and what mushroom it is[obviously]), i would really appreciate the help.

i am a meat lover, so any shrooms that taste more like a type of meat, i would be mainly interested in. only shroom i ever ate were morels(black kind, i read about yellow ones? never even seen those before)...so if any taste similar to those let me know :heart:

arite thanks for all the help, any links would be great. i just need to experiment, but dont wanna grow something i would not like the taste of.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: Need help on what to grow first [Re: ]
    #3913980 - 03/14/05 12:29 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Methinks this thread would be better suited to the Culinary Arts Forum, no?  You can get mucho info. in there on recipes, flavors, etc.  Once armed with that come back in here and we'll help ya with the growin' part.  :wink:

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Anonymous

Re: Need help on what to grow first [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #3914281 - 03/14/05 01:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

oh woops, my bad, please move it mods, i would appreciate that...whenever you happene to see this :smile:

thanks basidiocarp :heart:

Anonymous

#3935720 - 03/18/05 02:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i dont think this will ever get moved, so ill just make another thread :thumbup:

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #3936223 - 03/18/05 04:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Since you mention meat, Portobellos come to mind, they taste great when served with steak. They are much more flavorful than regular button mushrooms, I think. As for figuring out my favorite gourmet, I can't decide. there are too many things that I like. Different mushrooms taste good with different types of food usually, so it depends on what I am in the mood for. Nothing beats fresh picked mushrooms, the store bought ones just aren't the same as cooking up and eating some that you just picked yourself.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms