Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Modern day Saul?
    #3913448 - 03/13/05 08:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

If anyone is following the events in Atlanta, the killing spree of Brian Nichols has just taken a strange twist. After shooting dead 4 people, a judge, a federal agent, a cop, and a female reporter, this guy kidnaps a woman and hides out at her house while she is held at gun point. This woman seemed to have pulled off a miracle. She convinced this guy that what he did was wrong. He then decided to surrender, calling this woman an angel and his "sister in Christ".

When I saw these events start to unfold, I thought to myself that only unrepentant evil could ever be capable of such actions. But the later events that unfolded have resulted in a sort of humanization of Brian Nichols. At most though, this out come simply re-affirms my belief that the death penalty is wrong. Nichols will have to spend the rest of his life in punishment to redeem himself - and that's only on his own personal choice to do so.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Modern day Saul? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3913521 - 03/13/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Most acts of this nature start with one bad decision made out of fear and starts a dominoe effect of other bad decisions. When the guy calmed down and thought about it he KNEW what he had done. The woman just convinced him that he was not beyond the point of turning back. If he had not already been open to the idea she would have met with violence. Evil has nothing to do with it. I once saw a documentary on a serial killer who said he started on his killing spree because he accidentally killed a man while robbing his home and he thought he had passed the point of no return. Upon his capture he aided the police in finding all of the bodies. They started at the scene of his first "killing" where he found himself face to face with the man he thought he killed. He had fired his gun out of fear and missed, but the man fell down and played dead to keep safe. If he had known that his first victim had not been harmed he may have never hit that point of no return. Because he thought the man had died he lost hope for his humanity. I really felt sorry for the guy.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Modern day Saul? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3913694 - 03/13/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

~Spurious events for the Church regarding the Miracles of Jesus :lol:

On a serious note... why is it that most "evil" men find Jesus once they're fucked? I've often wondered how anyone could find Jesus in prison... yet it's common to the point where it isn't thought of as bullshit.

I dunno... Perhaps it's just me... but the last place I'd expect to find Jesus would be in a place filled with criminals, men droping soap, men key-stering (sp?) in supplies, and a place where people are forced into homosexual intercourse (didn't want to be too crass).

I think it's  more a "get of jail free card" so to speak. As society will think better of those that have found salvation.....

/end rant.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order