Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between the turntables...
SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's
    #3912863 - 03/13/05 06:41 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

OK, here's my 1st Grow-Log, I'm SHROOMpimp and I'm fairly new to this board, but I've reading posts since back in the day, just never made a user name and posted anything. Well, I've started this thread to show my progress on my very 1st grow. It's a simple 2+1+1 BRF(Brown Rice Flour) & Vermiculite Cake. I will be updating with pix soon!

3/1/05-12:00PM
Prepared substrate jars via SHROOMpimp's Cake TEK in 8 1/2 pint jars. I PC'd them for 70 minutes. After taking them out of the PC I place them in my closet where i have some shelves to set the jars on, a thermometer, and a heater with thermostat. I let them cool over night.

3/2/05-4:30PM
Inoculated all jars with 1-2cc's of a select print from previous grows of EQ. Placed them back in the closet on the shelf. Made sure ambient temp was 81?(f). I usually leave them alone for several days so they can get started before i look at them.

3/4/05-9:00AM
Oops! OK, i have to be honest. On my very last jar (last hole on the last jar) while inoculating i ran out of liquid in my syringe, i looked in the end of the needle and i could literally see TONS of spores between the plunger and beginning of the needle. So, i do some quick thinking and run to the kitchen grab a full bottle of distilled water and stick the syringe through the plastic and draw up about 1cc of water (UNSTERILIZED) and i ran back to my jar. I heated the needle and sterilized it. I then put the 1cc of water/spores in the last hole of the last jar. I marked that jar in case something stupid happens to it i would know it was clearly my fault. Well, needless to say, i check on the jars today and i got a big fat spot of black mold in that very jar. Well, i guess that's what i get for being dumb, I've learned my lesson here. USE ONLY STERILIZED WATER FOR YOUR SYRINGES!!!!!!!!! This is the only contam I've ever had. And i knew it was a contam right from the second i saw it. I just grabbed the jar, went outside and threw it in the trash. Anyways, i figured you guys could maybe benefit from my mistakes.

3/6/05-3:00PM
WOW! That's some quick moving mycelium! These jars are colonizing fast. I used 4 holes in the lid of some jars, and 5 holes in the others. I believe i did 4 of each.I started w/ 8 jars, lost 1 to contams, and i just now gave 1 to a friend who seems very intrigued by the hobby. Anyways, i can see where each injection site is colonizing. Check on it again in a few days.

3/10/05-1:30PM
Not too much longer and they'll be fully colonized. I'd say they are about 50-60%right now and growing fast. I am seeing some very rhyzomorphic growth in there. All jars are showing very strong growth. I'm borrowing a camera from a friend today so i am going to update with pix in just a little while.

3/13/05-7:15
OK, my friend took some pix and didn't have the cable to upload them to my PC, nor the disk that came with it. He said he's going to bring it over tonight or tomorrow. I will update as soon as i get pix. Anyways, about my jars, they're doing really good, some are about 50%--60% and some 70-80%. rhyzomorphic strands everywhere! i love this hobby.... any questions, comments, ideas, or advice would be very much appreciated!!! thanx!

--------------------
:safesex: Just My $0.02... :safesex:

Edited by SHROOMpimp (03/15/05 02:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: SHROOMpimp]
    #3912923 - 03/13/05 06:57 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

If you had put spores in all 3 holes, then the last one shouldn't have been a big deal...:(

And it's been 12 days and they're halfway done? These are Pf jars right? Hmmm...Good shit :thumbup:
My Pf's took like 3weeks...My grains took about 10-12 days lol, but then again almost all em contamed haha.
Pf's are so much easier :thumbup:
gl

-Gnostic

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3912991 - 03/13/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

yes, i know, i could have left that one with just 3 injected holes, don't really know what i was thinking... but oh well, live and learn. yeah, my friend (TRIPpimp) and my good friend the mentor came over and said that i was doing very well. it was a good boost of confidence! I'll update the pix tomorrow, but they'll be from 4 days before, but I'll also include new pix as well. Thanx for the support everyone!

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3913001 - 03/13/05 07:13 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

:thumbup:

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3916793 - 03/14/05 03:07 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

3/14/05-4:15PM
OK, i have the pix of my jars. They're doing great! But, how do i post them on here? also do i have to size them or does this website size them for me? the pix turned out good, it's just that they are from a few days ago, i'm taking the updated pix right now.

Moderators-Is there any way i can update the subject of this post to add updated w/ PIX? or something to let you know there's some pix on here? Thanx!

--------------------

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
    #3916847 - 03/14/05 03:23 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Go to "My Pics" at the top, if they are too big, post them HERE and copy and paste the url.
GL

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3917340 - 03/14/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

and move to the growlog section of this website :wink:

--------------------

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3917695 - 03/14/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Ok, here's a try for the first pic on 3/10/05.

--------------------

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

#3917988 - 03/14/05 08:41 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

all of these pix are from 3/10/05

so i injected the spores on the 1st, in 10 days is this good myc. growth? any advice is great, and how do i get this posted in the growlog forum? thanx!

--------------------

Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery
    #3918119 - 03/14/05 08:56 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

they are looking great!

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: encryptor]
    #3919331 - 03/15/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

3/14/05-10:30PM
Inoculated another jar w/ different cake recipe. same EQ strain. it's the jar in the middle of the circle that's upside down. Post pix in just a second. file was too big for shroomery upload. the two pix that are on a black plastic background were taken today 3/14/05. i think that in a few of days these little guys will be ready to birth. I plan on dunking, rolling, and double-end casing. also I'm thinking about doing the drinking straw tek... anyone have experience with this? and has anyone ever used coffee water to mix as the water in the recipe for the BRF cakes? or has anyone soaked the verm. that you roll with in coffee water? i like what I've seen and heard about coffee experiments w/ shrooms... i just want to know more people that have messed with it. I'll post the pix in just a second. thanx.

SHROOMpimp

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3919673 - 03/15/05 03:24 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

yeah it is ok after 10 days, not maximum (at all actually) but they are fine! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3921295 - 03/15/05 02:10 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

3/15/05-3:00PM
these pix are from yesterday, i didn't have a chance to put them on last night, well they were taken about 16 hours ago really. today they are all colonized down to the bottom. i flipped them over this morning to help the bottom colonize faster. some have wrapped from the sides down and around the bottom. i'd say 3-4 days and these guys are going to get dunked.

anyways, sorry it's a crappy pic, but it's the newest one. i would have taken close ups but the camera ran out of juice.

I'll update more later.

SHROOMpimp

--------------------

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

#3921357 - 03/15/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

OOPS! I said in my first post that they are 1/2 pint jars. but they're not. they're 1 pint jars. sorry guys.
SHROOMpimp

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's [Re: SHROOMpimp]
    #3922880 - 03/15/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

bump

test

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3936934 - 03/18/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

here you go bro!~

hope this bump helps.

:smile:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's [Re: Roadkill]
    #3936949 - 03/18/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

THANX A MILLION TIMES ROADKILL!!! Now i can update again. I'll post in a few minutes with the most recent scoop on these 6 pf cakes of EQ.

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3936954 - 03/18/05 05:54 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

YW

sorry that it got lost in limbo.

lolzz

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's [Re: Roadkill]
    #3937029 - 03/18/05 06:07 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

3/18/05
Today, i opened up my closet and checked these jars, and MAN! they are growing BRIGHT WHITE! and super healthy looking! HUGE rhyzo strands reaching everywhere!!! looks like shroom roots trying to take over the jar, lol.. but there is some moisture on the walls of the jar, but seems to be put there by the myc.?? not sure, because the jars weren't THAT moist when i PC'd them, and they haven't been all moist on the walls till the last couple of days. like it's been building up... is this myc. piss? or so they call it. i have a question to some of the exp. growers out there. has anyone tried dunking with a coffee/water mix trying out the caffine to shroom experiments? I'm thinking of trying this w/ 1 or 2 cakes, also I'm thinking of soaking the verm. that I'll roll the cakes in, in coffee/water mix, then nuke it. what's every ones thoughts on this? could i put like 1/15th parts h.peroxide in the mix? well, the camera i have won't take pix of the rhyzo. strands or I'd post some, i guess i could post more jar pix, but that's kinda boring. unless ya'll want them. otherwise, I'm just going to post when i dunk/cold shock. does anyone have a good idea for what to use to dunk 6/ 1pint cakes? and what to put on them to keep them under water? or do they sink? oh well, let me know what you think on the coffee ideas please. i like to experiment but i need input!! I'll update soon as i dunk!

till then
SHROOMpimp

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3939006 - 03/19/05 06:23 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Looking good.

I loved Vanilla Sky, excellent movie and going and seeing it (with who I did) was one of the best memories I have :smile:

Keep up the good work!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3942235 - 03/19/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

OK, here's some new pix

3/20/05-12:00AM
Checked on the jars today, they seem to be growing slower, but getting healthier. if that makes sense. myc. is getting very dense in a few fluffy cloud looking areas.. and growing very long and strong looking rhyzo strands. all they have left is the bottom so that's why i'm showing pretty much just the bottom.. also there's a shot of where i incubate. you probably can't see the thermometer, but it says 84 deg(F). the karo jars on the left is just an experiment, i have 1 jar w/ name brand KARO (w/ real vanilla), 1 jar w/ honey water tek, 1 jar w/ normal KARO, and 1 jar 50/50 karo w/ vanilla and honey water tek... they just got put there, but i'll keep ya'll up to date w/ those also. i also added a special little something for all those mycoFREAKS out there... i know i enjoyed taking the pic, almost hard to find which page to leave it on lol... i'll update just as soon as i have more growth or something.

SHROOMpimp

--------------------

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
    #3942285 - 03/19/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

are the holes covered up?

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3942305 - 03/19/05 11:45 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

they were covered w/ band aids for the first like 4 days, then i took half of the jars band aids off. after about 3 more days, i took the other jars band aids off.. so, no, all holes are open, but i have tyvek under the lid, and foil over the top..

--------------------

OfflineShroom_man
Stranger
Loc: Canada, New Brunswick
    #3942939 - 03/20/05 06:27 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

I use ziplock baggies filled with clean water to dunk my cakes. It works great, and yes they float.

--------------------
I have now aquired 5 differen't P. Cubensis varities.

--Cambodean-- (vendor checked out and is well knowen by many here and at other fourms)

--Mexi-Cub-- (Again Vendor is well knowen)
--Thiland Pink Bufflo-- (vendor is well knowen)
--Hawiian Strain
--Origional PF-tech strain

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Re: SHROOMpimp's 1st Growlog *UPDATED W/ PIX* EQ's [Re: Shroom_man]
    #3980471 - 03/28/05 02:01 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

03/28/05-2:30PM
OK, sorry i haven't updated, but i've been really busy!!! here's a summery:

03/23/05- I dunked 1 cake. put in fridge for 24hrs

03/24- rolled first cake, put in fruiting chamber. Dunk and cold shock 2 more cakes.

03/25- rolled 2 cakes and put into fruiting chamber, 1 more cake dunked and shocked overnight.

03/26- rolled 1 cake and put into fruiting chamber. *NOTE* all cakes were rolled, double end cased, sitting on foil dish w/ damp vermiculite in it, also each cake has a drinking straw in the top w/ water. just thought i'd add that.

03/27- 4 cakes in the fruiting chamber, all looking great!!! all are 1 pint cakes. 2 cakes got dunked and cold shocked overnight. crumbled 2 cakes up w/ 3/4 pint of WBS in 1 gallon ziplock bag.

03/28- Today i went to turn on the light and fan when i woke up and BAM!!! PINS!!! about 30-50 pins on each of the cakes, ang growing fast!! there are some thick ass ones, and some growing in a couple of groups, but really it's a good pinset... they're growing from everywhere, top, sides, and lower cake areas all have pins.

I will update with pix just as soon as my friend comes over w/ his camera, no telling when he'll be swinging through, maybe even a couple of days, he works out of town sometimes. but just as soon as he comes i'll post the new pix.

SHROOMpimp

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder