Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

crack-comedown-suicide
    #3912739 - 03/13/05 08:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My friend comes from a family of acoholics his father commited suicide when he was 4 or five.    His mom ripped him off a grand on a phone bill.  His brother ripped him off 8 houndred on rent.  He has a dieseas and its called substance abuse.  He cant have fun without beer.  Then when he is drunk and has cash another substance trick him into wanting it.  coke and crack.  Now many probably have tried it or think they know whats up.  But when you have the dieseas for it.  The uncontrolable thoughts of it,  demand you to spend 500 a thousand 3 thousand of your earnings on it in a night or few days.  It goes well much of the time But once a year or so when you have the dieseas you just cant fight it.  You wake up a week later, hateing the uncontrolable creature you have become.  You feel like there is no good in the world cuz you see all the greed and hate that coke is grown with.  Its the tool of the devil to bring soles to a hateful place.  My chemicaly dependent friend needs help, he needs me and i just cant supply him what he needs.  He needs help i dont know what else but he needs help, and it sucks when you cant afford help.  :sad: :mad2:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3912762 - 03/13/05 08:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I would confront him boldly about this issue but I would wait for "an oppurtune time." If he does not listen to you or refuses to be deeply sincere about what's transpiring, I personally would not jeopardize my energy by staying around someone with this disposition.

However, I may be a bit more harsh than the avg person.  :smirk:

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: World Spirit]
    #3912803 - 03/13/05 08:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well this is what happened to bring this post about. He wanted to tell us something, for ever. After last call, he says lets go to this party. The party is beat so so smoothly he is like man im gona get some crack. After doing it and going from "normal" to "crackmonster" he breaks down and tells us every thing about how it is being him. He told us what he needed to say and was calling for help. And when he needs us he always calls for help, but we never stand up for what is right we go along for the ride. Maybe i have a problem like him, not as bad but he says hey lets do somethin im liek sure. It isnt cool. He sees himself bringing us down and others down with him, and it makes him so so so sad. We all got to be strong, but i cant live with him, i cant be there for him always and im worried. He is so paranoid, he did ten hits of L once and freaked out, ever since then he says he has been weird, his mind is bent and things make him snap into this druginduced person.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3912837 - 03/13/05 08:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Try this:
Ask God to bring someone in who can help your friend. Seriously.

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: World Spirit]
    #3912843 - 03/13/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i always ask god to watch over him, but maybe I need to be more specific.

--------------------

InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #3913603 - 03/13/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

In my opinion, you should try to explore forcing him into rehab.  It would be hard, and he might hate you for a while, but in the end, youd save your friend and he'd probably realize you did the right thing, trying to help.  :heart:  good luck hun

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: Liz]
    #3913658 - 03/13/05 11:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

rehab costs money, we are all poor. He has gone to rehab, all the talking about drugs just makes you want them more, and its like a form of drugie hookup service.

He said last night that DARE makes the innocent not innocent makes them see there is more in life then what is at hand, seeking our own answers by sampling the forbidden fruites. Why the fuck should a fuckin cop bring in a shiney appealing case full of drugs, guns and other weapons and paraphenelia. All the things look so fuckin cool and interesting to a child that never knew what they were looking at.

Fucking DARE screwed up a generation of children. We were gunie pigs to a failed attempt of salvation.

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: Liz]
    #3913674 - 03/13/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Its not just the drugs, his mind is bent he knows no life he cant remember what sobriety was and a day with out a beer is hell. I know he needs rehab and a therapist we just need to get him in somehow. He would do it but he just got an apartment and started a buisness "spent all his money on that and rock" He sees going to rehab as loosing all he has worked for, but without it he is going to loose every thing any way.

--------------------

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#3913799 - 03/13/05 11:54 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I thought there was rehab treatments that were free for people in your friend's situation

I would check into this, not everyone has to go to posh rehab resorts like celebrities.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3915135 - 03/14/05 05:47 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Has he ever been to a psychiatrist/psychologist? if not talk to him about going to one when he's sober sometime. there are people specialized in this kind of shit you know

...sure it might be expensive, but what dos your friend rather want? die of substance abuse or get better?

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: stefan]
    #3915277 - 03/14/05 07:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i sometimes dont know. He just dont have the cash.

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #3915418 - 03/14/05 09:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have a friend that ended up the same way after his father passed away in an accident a couple of years ago. His mother was too soft to control him anymore, he abused almost pure amphetamine, grams a day for about a year, now drinks and does coke all the time. I had to break contact with him, because I realized he was using our time together as an excuse to get fucked and have a "good time". He's stolen from me countless times now, even though he had $50k. The one thing that he has going still is that his mother is a doctor, and keeps taking him back in every few months when he hits rock bottom. I wish she would put him in rehab, but I know he would not stay or go.

If your friend is WILLING to go to rehab, then I say do whatever possible. They aren't going to say "You're too poor, get out of here"...they will work with you. Get a job (gasp) if thats what it takes. Hell, get a couple people together and go to the old folks community and offer to do their landscaping for a fair price. One can make money, the excuses we make for ourselves to not have to hold us back. Your friend seems not strong-willed enough to break out of this on his own, he needs access cut off and the wound healed, and rehab sounds like the ONLY place that will happen. Don't encourage, facilitate, or sponsor his abuse either.

--------------------

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: Organic]
    #3917531 - 03/14/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I hear what yoru saying, but some what one a better note, he just called me sounding good n all, he went to the spot saw cops, turned around and hit a reflectore, he got the hell out of there and said he took all that as a sign. Atleast he remebered the ordeal he went threw the night before and how we felt, and took what we said and didnt give in, though he almost did.

--------------------

OfflineEarthAngel
Tripper

Loc: New Zealand
    #3917892 - 03/14/05 10:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
i always ask god to watch over him, but maybe I need to be more specific.

Try Archangel Raphael, asking him to cut the addiction cords, and surround your friend with emarald green light around the whole body, then Call in archangel Michael to remove any entities that may be intruding.  :heart:
And remember that anything you do try to do to assist him through these times, will be all worth it , no matter how hard it may seem, before he ends up in jail, or even worse, dead.
All you can do is support him and have faith.

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: EarthAngel]
    #3922382 - 03/15/05 08:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

your a good friend.  Seriously, like the best I guy could have.  Actually come to think of it I'm glad your my friend :wink: but anyways enough of the mush....he NEEDS to go to rehab.  That is it and all.  I'm gonna see if I can find out about free or cheap rehab for you.

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: Gillette]
    #3931709 - 03/17/05 07:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Please try finding him a program somewhere. Call around to some chuches. Some of them have programs that are free. Suicide is not easy to deal with. I just went through a Murder/Suicide this past week-end. Many people say they saw it coming but noone tried to help. Both of the victims were addicted to crack.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

User Gallery

Re: crack-comedown-suicide [Re: EarthAngel]
    #3941041 - 03/19/05 07:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

earth angel, thanks for the advice i got the book Arch angels and ascended masters by Doreen Virtue.  So i will look up those two. 

Gillette, That made me very very HAPPY :grin: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :grin: :heart: :grin: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :grin: :thanx: :sun:
let me know if you find any info out.

I talked to my tattoo artist and he told me of a place out somewhere by him, that admits for free for 30 days without patients consent.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being