Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepenlight438094
1 spliff 16.1g +1 man alone =Blitzed!

Experenced Indoor Mj Growers
    #3912543 - 03/13/05 05:23 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

could someone with good experence who is willing take on an apprentice pm me plz. I have a few Qs. I am a member of OG but don't like posting there. I would be glad to share my shroom know how in exchange for someone's MJ know how

--------------------
Grown on Uncle Ben's 5 Minute Rice
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: penlight438094]
    #3912575 - 03/13/05 05:33 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

just ask your questions here.

InvisibleCookies
Female
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3912632 - 03/13/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

If you got questions i got answers....

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: Cookies]
    #3912648 - 03/13/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I've got a few indoor closet hydro grows under my belt...

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: lackobreath]
    #3913034 - 03/13/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

where here to help

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: Legoulash]
    #3913186 - 03/13/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

yup im right in the middle of a stealth CF scrog at the moment. what do you want to know?

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinepenlight438094

Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: blaze2]
    #3913858 - 03/13/05 10:04 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

First i need to know ideal temps and humidity levels, other than that I should be ok for a week or so

--------------------
Looks nice, Think again, read and see http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3576624/an/0/page/0

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3916469 - 03/14/05 01:26 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

humidity should be medium during the growing... not too low and not too high. too much over 50% and things start to mold, and bacterias like to take over. ideal temps are going to be almost the same as your regular comfortable indoor house temp... around 75 degrees. cannabis is a very tough plant (most strains)... they will grow good all the way up into the mid to upper eighties if you provide them with everything they need. I've actually grown good bud all the way up to about 95 degrees during the light period, all the way down to 60 in the night period...during the whole lifecycle of the plant. keep in mind that cannabis likes lots of air circulation too while you're thinking about your temps and humidity.

OfflinePure
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: lackobreath]
    #3917246 - 03/14/05 04:51 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

you will have to excuse my use of celcius but you can convert it at numerous places

the ideal growing environment is between 24 and 28 degrees celcius, with a 5-10 degree drop in the dark period any more fluctuation and you will notice the stems will get purple veins

as for humidity you should be aiming for around 65 %- 70% all the way through veg and the first two weeks of flower, this is the range that cannabis thrives best at , but so do bugs so it should be lowered  if you have bug problems in your area or grow room itself
  once you get into about week 3 of flower you want  to drop your humidty to around 50% -60%  if you have automated controll over it let it fluctuate from 40% to 60% hope that helps and let me know if there is anythign else :smile:

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ---
Hunter S. Thompson

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: Pure]
    #3917303 - 03/14/05 04:58 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

"and you will notice the stems will get purple veins"

And this is bad why? Im on my third grow and like lackofbreath said up there pot is very resiliant. I havent noticed any detrimental effects of a stem getting a red vein. Just dont let it get below 65 or above 85 and your pot will be fine.

As far as humidity goes if you have a small grow space like me the wet soil is good enough to keep the humidity up. if not keep some wet vermiculite in a dish to raise humidity just like the mushroom guys do it. again its not that big a deal. Pot is extremely adaptable. I would be more worried aobut high humidity than low. Peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePure
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: blaze2]
    #3917492 - 03/14/05 07:05 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

In some strains it is natural but in most cases it is bad because it is a sign of coldshock , or under fertilisation I belive it is magnesium or potasium ( going off a stoner memory ) both beign things you should aim not to get

cannabis actually grows better at higher humidties as previously stated the only issue you get is later in flower when you should drop the humidity there are many many cheap ways of doing this , most peopel find having thier res lid off in the grow room does it and then close it to get the drop

--------------------
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. ---
Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3917500 - 03/14/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Pure from ozstoners?

OfflinePure
    #3917589 - 03/14/05 07:33 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

mabey Psychedelic Gecko :p

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #3917721 - 03/14/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

hehe, well done

is that forum still getting used?

Offlinepenlight438094

Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: faslimy]
    #3918403 - 03/14/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

ok thanks, I'm going with about 300w of CFLs for this attempt, if all goes well it's off to HPS, I know the correct distance for floros is 2-3 inches away, what I need to know is a good fert mix for a soil grow, it's bag seed, but I've thrown about $150 at the box so far. any suggestions

--------------------

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#3918477 - 03/14/05 09:46 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

alll my plants including cacti like the foxfarm organics, made with sea things too for heathy sturdy plant cell walls. Its heavy so needs cocco or peat moss to fluff it up a bit.

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3918591 - 03/14/05 10:08 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

I highly recommend putting worm castings in your soil mix

OfflinePure
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: faslimy]
    #3927669 - 03/16/05 08:07 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
hehe, well done

is that forum still getting used?

Yeah very much so , new members pretty much daily and we have new stuff aswell as what we are adding in the next few months
most active aussie canabibis site atm :smile:

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineCanadianRebel
Curious wanderer
    #3927846 - 03/16/05 08:37 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Prep seeds in 24hours in a water dunk then into peat pucks. wait for germination.
Soil mix.
I don't know exact ratios but this works for me.
1 bag "Pro sunshine mix"
1 small bag perlite,
1 small bag vermiculite
1 small bag worm castings

Mix well add water until consistently smooth, like you would mix brn rice and verm. for shrooms.

Next, fill pots (24-8"pots holds all of this mix with no waste"

After seeds have sprouted, place peat pucks into the filled pots, and water...
From here, you don't have to feed plants until at least 2months old and they turn a tinge yellow and stems go pinkish purple from Nitrogen loss...That is your plants telling you they're hungry.
This is when I hit them with a dose of neem oil, to kill anything before it starts, and to help strengthen imune systems early on.

Now MY personal fave are the bigfoot veg and bud solutions wich come with an over all catalyst to help plants digest nutes.
I feed once with a light solution during veg, hit them again with a
harder batch of nutes right before budding, then cut off nitrogen and begin with a light dose of Bigfoot Bloom and catalyst again halfway through flowering when buds start to swell, I give a heavier dose, then when they look like they are finnishing, I begin to flush with spring water until hairs start dying and crystals turn golden...
Then I cut off all watering untill the pots are BONE dry...This increases THC dramatically in final days as well as helps cut drying time immensley...
Hope any of this info helps...

--------------------
You've got your head in the clouds and your world is upside down...

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: CanadianRebel]
    #3928337 - 03/16/05 10:34 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I personally would use this soilless mix:

-2 parts peat moss
-1 part vermiculite
-1 part perlite

I got this mix from advanced nutrients website a while back...it works great! Nice loose mix for strong roots and good water/fertilizer absorbtion. I would suggest going HPS all the way if not MH/HPS, screw the flouros unless it is just for the first week, they are no good unless you have tons of them. Get a cheap HPS off of ebay and do yourself a favor. Check out my first grow attempt here...things turned out pretty good. It was a small scale grow cab.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2407640/page//fpart/1/vc/1

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinephishman
Stranger
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: Cubieman420]
    #3928744 - 03/17/05 12:13 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I would strive for 50% humidity and 75 degree temps. For soil I recommend FoxFarm Ocean Forest.

Two suggestions to improve your chances for a successful crop you'll be proud of:

1. Like Cubieman said go with a MH or HPS lamp beyond the first week of growth. I like using a 1:4 ratio from veg to flower (e.g. 250w MH veg to a 1000w HPS for flower) This is unless heat is going to be a major issue with your grow area.

2. Instead of using bag seed, you could buy 10 seeds for $50 from a reputable vendor and you'll have better yields, more uniform growth, and better quality cannabis. You can still experiment with the bag seed, I just wouldn't rely on it.

A great book is Marijuana Indoor Horticulture, by Jorge Cervantes.

Good luck...

--------------------
"Most people are walking in their sleep, turn them around, start them in the opposite direction and they wouldn't even know the difference."

-Captain Alfred M. Hubbard

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: phishman]
    #3929973 - 03/17/05 10:36 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

A little tid bit of information on your grow Penlight, is that IF you do decide to get a HPS then buy the biggest one you can afford.. Because you can use a 250w bulb in a 1000w ballest. I have seen the results from floros and you will get buds but i assure you, youll be dissapointed. Why risk the legal trouble for shit pot, Do some trades for some quality seeds (tho bag seeds are known to be awsome at times) and use a floro/hps combo light setup.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#3930556 - 03/17/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I understand that you HID light growers find this hard to believe but YOU CAN GROW GOOD BUD UNDER CF'S! No it will not be as good as what is grown under HPS but it is still damn nice. I know I've done it. THere is a whole forum over at www.overgrow.com on "micro/flouro growing". And there have been some very very nice grows on there. With 300w of CF's this guy will be able to grow some tight buds.

Also why do you have to make everything complicated. Whats the benefit of using peat pucks? Dont say its less stress on teh plant either because thats bullshit.

Heres what I do. Take seeds soak in water for 24 hours(set the glass next to the TV or something that can keep it slighly warm. Then plant the seeds in the soil(I just use soil out of a bag) about 1/4 in deep. Keep well watered adn viola! the plants sprout. If the seeds are viable they will sprout this way. once the seedlings get a little height put down a mulch of some sort(I use pine needles since I have pine trees). THen i veg them out using the scrog method adn flower them. easy as pie. You dont need to make it complicated unless theres a payoff. planting in peat pucks is not going to a have much of a difference on bud production. I suppose it might speed things up for the first few days. As for mixing a new soil Im sure it helps but It doesnt make that much of a difference. I grew pot outside in sand and that was some dank bud.

Oh yea one thing I do reccomend is mixing in a granulated slow release fertilizer into your soil.

Peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePure
    #3931339 - 03/17/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

No offence but saying you can use a 250watt bulb in a 1000watt light is really bad advice , there are SOME ballasts that are switchable but there is a switch on the side and the variation is never that drematic , a 1000 watter may run at 600watt at the flip of a switch IN THE CASE OF AN ADJUSTABLE BALLAST but only in that situation but you will never find one that goes from 1000watt to 250 watt , I have worked in hydro shops for years

My reccomendation on HID lightign is to get a 600watt HPS it is the most effecient light in the hps range not only because that is where the waves are at thier optimum but also because you can place it an extra 6 - 10 inches closer than you can a 1000 watter meaning less lumenens lost , if your gonna go fluro check out the envirogrow lights, I would use some standards and then some of the spectrum lights to help with the offset in colour needs, good grows can efinatly be achived from fluro's but he setups the really yield great are quite elaberate and in the end don't save that much in setup costs , pluss it looks worse having somethign high tech should the cops ever knock

--------------------
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #3931889 - 03/17/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Where do you want to clone today?

:stoned:

Psilo

--------------------

InvisibleGONE19
Cultivator

Loc: SE
    #7813133 - 12/30/07 10:48 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

80 degrees 50% Light On
60 degrees 50% Lights Off

The larger the difference between on/off temps the larger the distance between nodes. Colors in strains like Blueberry ( Got some DWC BB :smile: ) will show a lot more color at lower night temps

FoxFarm and Soilless are both great but i would always pull off more using a good soil with light nutes. Starting with 1/4 strength at 2 weeks feeding every other week then add slowley

WOW 300watts of CFl thats a lot of sockets. I would keep that setup having it about 2" away for veg (250w MH if you have have the cash) to keep the stretch down and then move to something like a 400w hps

Air circulation is key

--------------------
"A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is shadow under this red rock, 25
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

Edited by GONE19 (12/30/07 10:56 AM)

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: GONE19]
    #7816121 - 12/31/07 07:15 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Nice first post. Welcome to the shroomery. This thread is almost 3 years old. Thanks.

OfflinePoisonedV
Fuming Shrooming
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hell
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: metasin]
    #7817367 - 12/31/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

What do you expect from a so-called anarchist?

--------------------
Lazy...

InvisibleGONE19
Cultivator

Loc: SE
Re: Experenced Indoor Mj Growers [Re: PoisonedV]
    #7826837 - 01/03/08 09:49 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Yes three years old but the information still applies. Thanks for the welcome metasin. So-called? Keep comments like that to yourself.

--------------------
"A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the cricket no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is shadow under this red rock, 25
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale