Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebetardfoozer
Stranger
To Trip or not to Trip
    #3896849 - 03/10/05 08:40 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

hello all

My buddies and I want to shroom out on 4/20. I've never done it, but each of them have done it at least twice..and one has even had a bad trip. It will be my first time.

My problem is that I heard your first time shrooming you really don't get as good of an experience as you do in future trips. If this is true, I want to trip before 4/20, so my trip on 4/20 is stunning.

I'm a frequent marijuana smoker (2-3 sessions a day, 12+ bowls a day) and have been that active for about 4 months now. I smoked before then, but at most once a month. I'm not exactly sure if that has anything to do with experiencing shrooms, but I just wanted to let it be known, just incase.

I am a big guy (6ft 6in and about 290lbs.), so I wanted to take about 3 or 3.5g dried for my first trip, and maybe 4 or 4.5g dried on 4/20. Both cases will probably be Thai shrooms. Does this sound ok or is it too much/too little?

Another issue is a place to shroom pre-4/20. I can take a day off work, but friends are in class all day...and although I'm going to try to convince one of them to stay home one day with me..it may not happen. I've read quite a bit on shrooms, and most of the information I've gone over says to never trip alone your first time. But seeing as I'm going to take a smaller dosage...is it really that big of a problem?

I want to learn as much as I can before jumping into this, so thanks for any advice posted. If I'm completely retarded for even thinking of doing this, let me know. :P

Thanks again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: betardfoozer]
    #3896867 - 03/10/05 08:47 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I don't know that you can say that, about your first trip never being as good. My first shroom trip was absolutely amazing, and definitely dwarfs 2 or 3 that came after it, and is completely on the level with some of the rest (about fifteen in all). If I were you I would trip for the first time on 4/20 to make a real event of it, and don't eat 4.5 your first time! Eat 3 or 3.5, probably 3.5 wouldbe best, a standard "eighth." If you DO decide to shroom before 4/20 make sure it's at least a week beforehand, because tripping too close together will make the second one weaker.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflinePsilocinSam
Jester To TheHall Of TheMushroom King

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3896901 - 03/10/05 08:59 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I'm no expert (4 trips total) but I can say my first trip has been my second best so far, only surpassed by my most recent (30g or so of fresh Yangoons!).

My advice is wait till 4/20, it'll be great to have your first time with a bunch of people instead of 1. It definitely works better the more people are there, just because you have more things to stimulate your mind! Also the general rule is, eat shrooms in little bits, and wait 20-30 mins between doses. 1 good dose is 1-1.5g dried (i only do fresh so i scaled down my 10-15g), so just space them out a bit, to make sure you get the full effect.

Also the spacing out of doses has the great effect of going up, then up again, then up again, ad infinitum, till your happy with your highness! Sounds great and it is!

Well that's my bunch of googleplexes! :stoned::mushroom2:

--------------------
We ultimately live in a fractal universe, all parts reflect the infinity of the whole. So why do we maintain that time be any different?

Welcome to 4 my dimensional thoughts!

(Turkish Delight is neither Turkish, nor delightful. So where's the name from?!)

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: PsilocinSam]
    #3897805 - 03/10/05 01:12 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

1- Write a note to yourself: Saying that there is no need to panic or fear, that you're not dying, and that life is the most precious gift you can imagine. (I call it a safety-note)

2- Don't be afraid to share some thoughts with your friends: if you're all on the same level; the trip is very smooth and it creates a sort of higher-conscience-bond between the three of you.

3- Set and setting: good music; colorful environment, no bad noises (like telephone)

4- Good mental condition: don't go half-assed into tripping: you must trip because you want to explore something new.

5- Enjoy the fruits of God, they will take you by the hand and show you things you had never even thought of! :smile:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineJROS14
Protege
Loc: SF, CA
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: boeha]
    #3899078 - 03/10/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

i would suggest you don't rush into it. don't think "i have to take them before 4/20 just to do it again on 4/20" that's now how a drug like mushrooms should be approached.

just go with the flow, and do shrooms when you really feel like it, and never any other time.

--------------------
**GRoUP HUG**

OfflineSk8orDie
Stranger
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: JROS14]
    #3911668 - 03/13/05 01:52 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

If your tripping because you think you have to, I don't think you'll enjoy it very much. Tripping is something you have to go into with the right mind set and "I'm doing this now because i have to" isn't a good one. The first time i did shrooms was on 2.5g of supposedly weak ones and altough it wasn't an intesne trip, maybe level 2, I definately got a feel for the drug and had some pretty cool visuals. As for the number of people, I generally like being with a small group, about 3 people total... and everyone understands that if someone leaves all of a sudden it's because they want to be alone for a bit and everyone respects that. Just make sure your with people you trust. You don't want to worry about what your doing or saying may look or sound stupid.

--------------------

Offlinerepemon
journeyman
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: Sk8orDie]
    #3915450 - 03/14/05 07:41 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

I tripped off of 25g fresh (2,5g dry), they were bought from Amsterdams smartshop. I tripped intensely balls for 6 hours. Depends on the species of course, but 4.5 for first time sounds a lil bit of an overkill.

And most of all,
Have a nice trip m8, and keep smoking! :smile: Shroomafterglow will also last longer if you keep smoking after the trip. But I guess you will.

--------------------
- When the time stops, evil ones will be pointed out for all to see.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: repemon]
    #3916271 - 03/14/05 12:28 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

To answer all the questions:

- First of all, if 4/20 means the 20. of April then why exactly then? Its Hitlers Birthday...
- 4/20 means smoking weed then I can assure you: Its not gonna do shit. At least for me, I can smoke 5 grams on shrooms, and dont feel anymore stoned , or stoned at all for that matter, than from one joint.
- if the 20. is your first trip go for 3-3,5gr. No more, cause you dont know how your gonna react. Theres always a second time if its too low a dose, but no excaping if its too much and you end up being stuck to the ground reminiscing in the darkest parts of your brain!

- Taking a smaller dose on your own is a bad idea for the first time too. Again, its only personal experience, but my first experience was also when I had my first crop and decided to try the taste... A trip usually comes in "waves" meaning it varies in strength. With a low dosage it can happen that partly you are not tripping (at least you think so) and partly you are. For me this made me very confident that I was not tripping and went on with my days load of work and social stuff. I ended up in a really strange discussion with my mum, cause I didnt realize that what I was talking was absolute bull to a normal mind. I had litrally forgotten that I had taken shrooms. The result was also, that whenever I had strange, and for myself frightening, thoughts I couldnt say that "Im only tripping" cause I had forgotten that I was. This made the 3 hours after consumation a crap experience with noone to turn to... Now, in a nutshell: Trip with someone you trust, and trip a decent amount (but yet not too high)

Tripping alone in general: I think this depends solely on your mind. If you happen to be an unconfident person (even if you play selfassured infront of others!) shrooms can rip you apart. They can lay open everything that you think is bad about your life and how you should change. If you have noone to talk to, or to change the subject, this can make your trip really bad. - Another thing that happens to me are "thought-loops". For instance I sometimes think,that Im thinking,so I think that I think about thinking,that Im thinking, about thinking to think. IT JUST WONT STOP!!! After a few trips Ive got a hang of it, and am also capable of tripping alone. But if this happens and noones around, again your have a problem.
Now everything I said is personal, but the directions of my examples are often the same with a lot of people, especially about you inner mind turning on you.

Hope I could help and happy shrooming.

Oh and four vital guidelines on your trip, for if you have a certain lethal thought:

- No,You will not stay on shrooms for ever!
- The Trip will pass
- No,You are not going to be stuck on shrooms
- And yes, last but not least: The Trip will end!

In general, if anything goes wrong, change the setting. And plan something to do.(Even if its just "going outside")

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #3916968 - 03/14/05 03:51 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

of you plan your trip in advance, you might end up being somewhere you do not want to be.. if you plan your trip, be sure to write it in snow, and not only in stone.. :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: Gomp]
    #3917453 - 03/14/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

my first time trippin, which was on acid, might have been the single most amazing experiance of my life. people might say its not as good because they are less experianced when they take it for the first time. the first time you do it, you dont know what to expect. so the best thing to do is get well informed before you trip and you will have a great time

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#3919254 - 03/15/05 01:05 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

@danlennon3: Thats definately a good tip, but did you manage to prepare yourself for what came? I at leat, didnt even estimate what could have happened before my firste 3 grams of cubensis. Psycadalics were a whole new world to me and I never imagined what it would do.

--------------------

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #3920257 - 03/15/05 09:02 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Jazz... people in the US use the number 420 as a reference to weed. Either 4:20 the time, or 4/20 the date. There are varying accounts as to the reason behind this... Some say it's the police "code" for marijuana. I've heard it said that 420 was a proposition on a ballot to get marijuana legalized. I've heard other people say that it's the number of chemicals found in weed. and this one guy in particular seems to think he knows the answer:

"So far the majority of you are incorrect. 420's origin IS known. the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation."

Although one thing I am certain about is that it has nothing to do with Hitler's birthday... or Columbine High School, or Waco Texas, or the Oklahoma City Bombing, all of which happened on that lovely day in April while a bunch of people in this country were very stoned (talk about buzzkill).

--------------------
------
this is a signature

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3920279 - 03/15/05 09:16 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

the wailers are playing in my town on 4/20  :rastamon:  how cool is that
i don't really care what the origin is, it's a good time for a collective stoner consciousness, and i celebrate it for it's own sake. about your trip - i think your first time with friends on april 20 will be a good time. everyone experiences these things differently, so regardless of what you've read, you may have a mind blowing experience the first time and not the second time, or the exact opposite, so it's all subjective. i would place my bet on a mind blowing experience every time, but i guess it doesn't always work that way. i would recommend waiting for your friends and having your first time be on 4/20, but do what you want to do. i would stick with 3.5 grams or lower for the first time, 4 would be too heavy even for your size i believe.
have a good trip bro :mushroom2:

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: gsmith]
    #3921322 - 03/15/05 02:17 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

gsmith said:
Jazz... people in the US use the number 420 as a reference to weed. Either 4:20 the time, or 4/20 the date. There are varying accounts as to the reason behind this... Some say it's the police "code" for marijuana. I've heard it said that 420 was a proposition on a ballot to get marijuana legalized. I've heard other people say that it's the number of chemicals found in weed. and this one guy in particular seems to think he knows the answer:

"So far the majority of you are incorrect. 420's origin IS known. the term 420 originated at San Rafael High School, in 1971, among a group of about a dozen pot-smoking wiseacres who called themselves the Waldos, who are now pushing 50. The term was shorthand for the time of day the group would meet, at the campus statue of Louis Pasteur, to smoke pot. Intent on developing their own discreet language, they made 420 code for a time to get high, and its use spread among members of an entire generation."

Although one thing I am certain about is that it has nothing to do with Hitler's birthday... or Columbine High School, or Waco Texas, or the Oklahoma City Bombing, all of which happened on that lovely day in April while a bunch of people in this country were very stoned (talk about buzzkill).

Thankyou, but I knew that it meant smoking up, but I wasnt sure which he meant. - I heared about 4:20 being the code for a drug violation at the NYPD. I guess their are various legit answers to this though. Thanks for trying to help me though! (Its difficult to make it sound none sarcastic, but it isnt meant to be at all!!)

--------------------

Edited by JazzMatazz (03/15/05 02:20 PM)

Offlineperson
Stranger
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: danlennon3]
    #3922399 - 03/15/05 06:48 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

i have never tripped before but i am interested, after eading about bad trips im not so shure any advice?

Offlinegsmith
reformed lurker
Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: person]
    #3923037 - 03/15/05 08:53 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

yeah... trip. it won't kill you. The first one is always a big hurdle because you can't possibly imagine what it's like until you do it.

I usually say moderate doses for first timers. I've seen the 3.5g dose thrown around on this thread but I really recommend half that. It's a good idea to get used to the gloss that psychadelics can put on everything, and the expansion in your head that goes on. Hallucinating entails a lot more than seeing things that aren't there. Your other senses will be equally distorted and it takes a minute for someone to adjust when they're not used to 10 pounds of mind fuck being shoved into a one pound sack.

But it can be good or bad. It all depends on you. I know that's a lot of weight to drop but it's the truth. You can't go into this nervous because you will have a bad trip... it's a heavy feeling and it gets heavier when you realize that you can't un-eat the shrooms. But don't worry... there is no reason to be nervous. Be excited! Anticipate the wealth of experience! If you've read the knowledge on this site, then you're way ahead of the game.

My Rules are:

1. Don't leave anything hanging. Nothing important should be left undone. I don't want it to pop into my head because I'll obsess about it and my trip will shift focus.

2. Don't do it when you're down. Depression feeds itself and a tripping mind can obsess easily.

3. Don't do it anywhere you feel uncomfortable when you're sober. Chances are you won't feel any better under the influence.

4. It's best to be with good friends that you trust. I've tripped with acquaintences who's character I've called into question and I've regretted it. When you know somebody and you trust them, their idiosyncratic quirks seem natural to you, and their amplification by the shrooms is a logical extension of that.

5. If you're tripping around sober people, same goes for #4. In fact, I prefer not to trip around people who haven't at least tripped at some point in their life. Non-shroomers tend to ask a lot of questions, and sometimes can ask questions that could make a tripping mind nervous.

6. Shut the world off. No phones... avoid email... don't attempt to contact people because chances are you'll start regretting it before you come down.

7. NEVER FORGET: You have not ingested poison. It will not hurt you physically. It might change your perspective on shit, but you will still come out in as good of a shape as you went in.

8. IT WILL END. It has to. If it didn't this website wouldn't exist because nobody here would have a clear enough head to share the knowledge.

9. Don't obsess about the rules... mine are mostly lose. If I feel comfortable doing something I wouldn't normally do, I'll do it. It's all mainly about comfort.

10. Wear good, soft, weather appropriate clothing.

--------------------
------
this is a signature

Offlineperson
Stranger
    #3923081 - 03/15/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

i am a frequent marijauna smoker and i am interested in shrooms. i have been researching for awhile now and i have become a little skeptical of the bad trips and depression if you have any advice tell me thanks :mushroom2:

Offlineperson
Stranger
    #3923106 - 03/15/05 09:05 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

thanks

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: To Trip or not to Trip [Re: person]
    #3923923 - 03/16/05 12:10 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

@gsmith: Thats a keeper!
@person: Bad trips can happen, but dont have too. Its up to your brain and the setting.

--------------------

Offlinespicykitty123
kittycat

#3924678 - 03/16/05 08:26 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

yesterday i took shrooms for the FIRST time! And i def. felt effects! I think some peoples problem is not taking enough... i knew the first time i took shrooms i would want to feel it a lot, otherwise it would ruin the experience for me. Just make sure you do enough and you are in a comfortable setting. I bugged out a lil at first, so if i wasn't surrounded by comforting things i could have had a bad trip. Just surround yourself with happy things :smile:
...oh, and smoking def helps calm you down a bit

--------------------
yesterday i loved everything

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order