Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshellacct
addict

Loc: BAD DOG!
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #392107 - 09/12/01 07:32 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

the thought has crossed my mind.... the same thing happened with the OK city bombing.... they blamed bin laden for that..... but this just doesn't seem the style of a US group, i mean we do have suicide attacks (Columbine)..... but they are far and few.... it really sounds like an arab type group.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Just because you are paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...

--------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure" -Homer J. Simpson

In the above, Any and all references to reality are entirely fictional.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implicat [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #392479 - 09/12/01 03:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Proper english is not one of Aulstrailia's stronger traits. And here in the US it's pronounced ASS...and this is an american site...

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineNorShroom
enthusiast

Loc: Kongsberg in Norway
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implicat [Re: Innvertigo]
    #392629 - 09/12/01 05:59 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I thought it was a Canadian site. (As in ownership etc.)
I think it is hosted by an american ISP tough, but does that make it american?
After all this is the global internet, where server location is more of an
question about where the cheapest hosting fees are to be found.
It would rather be a matter of ownership and those two seem to
be living in Canada. So is it a Canadian site then?

You could also have meant it in a lingual context tough.
But even tough everybody here writes in english, many are not american.
So the proper term would be english and therefore you probably did not
mean it to be interpreted in that way.

I personally like to see the Shroomery as more of an international site
(rather than stricly american), spreading shroomy knowledge across borders.

Edited by NorShroom on 09/12/01 07:12 PM.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #392661 - 09/12/01 06:28 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

> Proper english is not one of Aulstrailia's stronger traits.

That's obviously a statement written by someone who clearly understands the idea of a language.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implicat [Re: Kid]
    #392711 - 09/12/01 07:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

wow look who decided to join the conversation.

I understand that which i have learned. You my friend are still struggling with the inability to understand reality (past debates). When you have won that battle feel free to comment further.

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implicat [Re: NorShroom]
    #392717 - 09/12/01 07:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

sorry if it's hosted in the US it's a US site. That's beside the point, the only reason i brought it up because those who use the word arse sound like a retard

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: shellacct]
    #392718 - 09/12/01 07:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

that's why they have treaties. If you don't want to follow treaties then drop out of NATO...not you persay but countries that are "afraid"

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #392785 - 09/12/01 08:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Reality reality reality...

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: shellacct]
    #392824 - 09/12/01 08:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I just wish that people would stop blameing US political parties for this crisis. People are to blameing this event on a lax atitude for the military and saying that we need a stronger arms force etc.... Well how the hell can raiseing my taxes for more bombs and soliders going to stop a person from walking up to a pilot and saying "stick 'em up... I will drive"...? And others are blameing this on George DWI Bush.... Well I for one think that we all have to back our President in these times. (despite my strong Democrat sided beliefs) We cant be blameing George Bush, Clinton or George W. Bush... I mean Im sooo tired of of it. The ememy hates Americans. Both partys could of paid more attention to the #1 wanted teriost and taken him out before all of this happen. I dont care if we need to put soliders on the planes.... AIRPORT SECURITY SCREWED UP BAD! So I do support: #1: Arming the pilots. #2: Reasearch into the possibilty of technology that would allow our goverment to remotely pilot any reported, or asumed hijacked airplane with Presidential aproval. #3: If possible- building skyscrapers out of steel that can restand the heat of a burning plane.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflinesiZZsyrup
Stranger
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: Jammer]
    #392869 - 09/12/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

No it's George "Nose Candy" Bush.

"I search the face of life only to find death"- I AM

--------------------
"Fuck the World"

OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: Innvertigo]
    #392935 - 09/12/01 10:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

well, whats fair about carpet-bombing? the people responsible will be holed up in some bunker a half mile underground, while the innocent citizens die. personally, i think they should do what it takes to get the guy responsible, torture him till he renounces his religion and says what he did was wrong (to prevent any martyr status), and let the whole thing go. of course, no torturing will go on (at least the public wont hear about it), and getting the guy responsible would be a problem in itself... guess thats what wars about huh? punishing the innocent citizens for the crimes of their rulers.

OfflineJammer

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: MrKurtz]
    #393023 - 09/13/01 01:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Acording to European websites, plans are allready being made for tens of thousands of ground troops going to Afgan-land. I dont feel that the retailation is going to be mearly bombing for the very reasons that you sighted. Americans will risks their lives any day in a ground war over the bullshit that we all have been hit with. Unlike 'nam, allmost 90% of Americans polled see the attacks as an act of war. In other words: THIS AINT NO GULF WAR. We will have no hesitation sending in ground troops.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinemadscientist
journeyman
    #393041 - 09/13/01 02:16 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The internet is international, it doesnt belong to any country. By the way, the correct spelling is arse,
people who say ass sound like wankers.

Instead of the dove as the symbol of peace we should have a pillow. Its got more feathers but doesnt have that nasty sharp beak......

--------------------
Instead of the dove as the symbol of peace we should have a pillow. Its got more feathers but doesnt have that nasty sharp beak......

OfflineJammer

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: Phyl]
    #393068 - 09/13/01 03:51 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In a previous reply:

(MY REPLY ON THE BOTTOM).....

"I am all for helping America, but his is not Britains fight and I think the political repurcussions of this could be extremely detremental to us."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY:

Here is an American's opinion: Your country was effected. This is your fight as well. The BBC reports that hundreds of your people were killed in this mindless horseshit. The media reports that a large insurance company from your country will be "hit" (need to pay for claims) extremely hard. And, most likely we can agree, that we seem to share the same enemies (no matter what either of our goverments do different).

AS THE AMERICAN GOVERMENT HAS STATED:

IT'S TIME TO TAKE SIDES AND ACT LIKE IT!!!!!!

>>jammer<<

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #393085 - 09/13/01 04:58 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hi Jammer,

I'm not saying we should take no action, I was specifically reffering to war. I do not believe this conflict can be effectivly solved through violence. As I have said, I will support America in any non-violent responses to this, but I simply cannot agree with sending British millitary to fight what is essentially an American fight. Yes, some British were involved and were killed, but that does not make it an attack against us. If the attack was made my a middle eastern terrorist group, it is because of American foreign policy in the middle east.

This attack was politically based, and so a political solution is the only truely effective way to solve this. Yes, violence against the originating country may hurt the terrorist group, but will ultimately lead to more hate for the America and the west in general, which will divide us further and will lead to MORE terrorist attacks on us. You just need to look at the situation in Israel to see how a poor culture, which feels it is being oppressed will respond to military power. Terrorism is their only option, and this can be extremely difficult to defend against, as there is know way of knowing who your enemy is.

I can fully understand why so many of you want to launch attacks on the terrorists. It's a natural response and revenge is sweet, but to believe that this will be effective in controlling the terrorists is naieve. It's not the people who are the problem, it's their beilefs, their upbringing, and their entire culture, and as a supposedly 'civilised' nation we cannot condone the genocide of an entire culture, as this would put us on par with the Nazi's.

What need to be addressed is WHY whoever did this felt they had to, and then work to overcome these differences. This will not be easy as this is a very complex situation, but if the west were to acknowledge the beliefs of the terrorist organisation, and agree to at least hold talk under the guarentee of a cease fire from both sides, then real progress could be made.

I agree that whoever carried out this attack or anyone who was involved in any way needs to be hunted down and brought to justice. This means being brought to the US to stand a fair trial, and be punnished accordingly. After all isn't this an integral part of the system that we are all so eager to defend?

I know many of you do not agree with my opinion on this, but this is the way I see things, and I make no apology for this. Perhaps I would see things differently if I lived in the US and was more directly affected by this attack, but I honestly doubt it. The major outrage about this event is over the huge ammount of deaths of innocent civillians, and I fail to see how war, which will lead to even more civillian deaths can make this right. Make no mistake about it, if you go to war many American will be returning home in bodybags.

Take care

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: MrKurtz]
    #393103 - 09/13/01 05:54 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i agree with the torturing, however i disagree on the bombing...an eye for an eye

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implicat [Re: madscientist]
    #393104 - 09/13/01 05:56 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

and those who use the word wanker sound like a little fag..he he..wanker..you must be to use that word

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #393142 - 09/13/01 07:07 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Here's an interesting quote which I thought was relevant:

"I fear all I have done is awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

- Admiral Yamamoto after Pearl Harbour.

Sounds like it could be deja-vu, do you think??

Serge the Baby Harp Seal - Scourge of the FashionIndustry
'He's funny and he's furry and a Psy-cho-path!'

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: Innvertigo]
    #393176 - 09/13/01 08:09 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I can tell by the fact that you always have the last say, that you seem quite insecure... It is not everyone else's fault that your genitals are so infantile...
No seriusly, if you caould torture someone, would you do it??

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ballsonia
journeyman
Loc: Florida
Re: World Trade Center Attacks..Political Implications [Re: zhukov]
    #393180 - 09/13/01 08:16 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I thought of this one on my own which is pretty similar:

Osama Bin Ladin:

WE HAVE BLODDIED THE NOSE OF THE SLEEPING GIANT, HOWEVER THE GIANT IS NOW AWAKE --- WHAT DO WE DO NOW?

There are 2 things in life i enjoy....sex and ah?....well one thing i guess.............................

--------------------
There are 2 things in life i enjoy....sex and ah?....well one thing i guess.............................

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom