Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Coachella
    #3896764 - 03/10/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Is anybody headed to Coachella this year? I went last year for the first time and had a fucking blast, dancing like a madman during the pixies and then smoking a joint in the Kraftwerk tent. I can't wait to see so many bands there this year, I got my plane/concert tickets a few weeks ago.

This is the first time I've posted in this forum.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: Coachella [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3899844 - 03/10/05 08:04 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I've been planning on going. Haven't got my Ticks yet due to $$ problems. Do they sell out? But I'm way stoked

This would be the first time I'll be going...How is the campground situation there? Is it cool for partying and picking up/distributing goodies? I'm kinda irritated by the extra expense...It should be included like at Bonnaroo. I might end up sleeping in my car or something to save the extra 80 bucks.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Male

Re: Coachella [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3903308 - 03/11/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

I didn't camp when I went last year, stayed at a nearby hotel, same one I'm staying at this year. Last year Day 1 sold out a few days before the festival, and Day 2 sold out on Day 1. I've heard it's pretty fun though, camping I mean.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMinimalist
Sinister Midgetwith a bucketand a mop

#3903864 - 03/11/05 03:53 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah, right... at those ticket prices? I'd be interested in seeing Fantomas and maybe DJ Krush, but that's about it.

I'm waiting for another November to Dismember-type festival to roll around.

--------------------
You've started a fire, you've started a fire you can't put out
You've burned your bridges, can't go back from where you came
Vision is failing, just writhe and burn out of control
No use pretending, slither back into your hole

Male

Re: Coachella [Re: Minimalist]
    #3903970 - 03/11/05 04:26 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Those ticket prices are actually fucking great if you can find even 5 bands you want to see a full set from...and I can personally think of about 15 this year that I'm DYING to see.

I see live music here in NYC about 4 nights out of every week, some awesome shows, some amazing ones, some shitty ones - last year at Coachella I saw some performances that were better than all the ones I saw the rest of the year back home, such as the Pixies, Desert Sessions, Muse, and Kraftwerk.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #3904133 - 03/11/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah the big names aren't there really this year but there are bunch of smaller acts that really caught my attention. Also its gonna be a birthday present to my girl that I can have fun with too. (fuck jewelery and clothes!)

How much was your hotel?

Also, how was the security going into the festival last year? Lax? Nazi-like?

Quote:

hose ticket prices are actually fucking great if you can find even 5 bands you want to see a full set from.

Yeah exactly. Also I always end up seeing a band I really dig that I've never heard of or been exposed to that I would have never seen otherwise. Also lots of these smaller bands don't tour all the time and this is likely the only chance I'll get to see alot of em in a year's time. Too expensive I agree, kinda pisses me off how much they charge-they're making a killing. But its worth it in the end. I love smaller venue shows but these huge festivals don't come around all that often.

I would love to see live music every other night here in LA but lately I haven't even been able to afford gas to drive to the show even.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #3904174 - 03/11/05 05:21 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

i would go just to check out the Couteau Twins. I hear they are getting back together after 6 years of not talking to each other just to play this concert then breaking up again (but lets hope not).

Male

#3907851 - 03/12/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

My hotel I kind of have a hook-up for, my girlfriend's got a family member who holds some influence so we got a room for free. As for security...I mean they definitely check your bag but it was pretty lax...we got in a bunch of pot and tequila.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMinimalist
Sinister Midgetwith a bucketand a mop

Re: Coachella [Re: gema]
    #3908667 - 03/12/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

Quote:

gema said:
i would go just to check out the Couteau Twins. I hear they are getting back together after 6 years of not talking to each other just to play this concert then breaking up again (but lets hope not).

That alone should tell you that they're paying these bands a shitload of money.

--------------------
You've started a fire, you've started a fire you can't put out
You've burned your bridges, can't go back from where you came
Vision is failing, just writhe and burn out of control
No use pretending, slither back into your hole

Male

Re: Coachella [Re: Minimalist]
    #3908774 - 03/12/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 20 days ago)

They are...I know some industry people who are friends with the dude who runs GoldenVoice, I think his name is Tollett...anyhow, Mos Def and Talib Kweli, as Black Star, were paid a SICK amount to reunite for this show.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Jump to top Pages: 1

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder