Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemxdrk
searching forsomething
 User Gallery
Loc: Louisiana, USA
Getting fucked up.
    #3908188 - 03/12/05 06:38 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

When I normally take a substance I do not get fucked up. In getting fucked up, I mean sorta like just chillin not thinking of anything. Whenever i do some drug (excluding alcohol) I always get absored into deep intense thinking. I analize everything, socity, God, the human mind. I start to figure out how things work. Even with pot I have deep thoughts, not as deep as other things. It seems most of my friends get fucked up. Out of the people I know, I am the only one who analizes and have deep thoughts. I am just wondering how many other people have deep thoughts while under the influence?

I think that this may have something to do with I have not discovered who I really am.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedante

Loc: New Jersey
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: mxdrk]
    #3909642 - 03/13/05 12:28 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I also am the same way.. I believe thats due to the fact that you want to use these drugs as a way to analyze and discover new things about your self and the world through an altered consciousness.. and your friends, they just want to get fucked up.

My friends are the same way, they just want to "trip" or just get fucked up, whereas I would rather go deeper with entheogens, use them as spiritual tools. That often becomes a problem because they have no intention for any spiritual means while using these drugs, and so we can't do any sort of group meditation or something of the sort. We usually, sadly, just watch the tv. (which, dont get me wrong, seeing larry david on seinfield wearing a cape on shrooms is quite funny)

by the way, i was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: dante]
    #3909702 - 03/13/05 12:52 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Prying open my third eye...

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3910323 - 03/13/05 04:11 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I think that this may have something to do with I have not discovered who I really am.

maybe, but more likely you have more things that interest you than your friends and are more curious about how things work and so you think more about it.

do you talk about these things with your friends? if not try it, maybe they also have such thoughts but don't speak of it. You can get into some cool discussions that way :laugh:

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: stefan]
    #3910543 - 03/13/05 08:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

In my opinion, psychedelics can't be used to just get fucked up. You always do some deep thinking while tripping, some people may just not be so open about it. Having all those doors opened in your mind must lead to some revelations, no matter what kind of person you are.

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: Calimero]
    #3911089 - 03/13/05 01:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, agreed. If you take psychadelics with the intention of getting fucked up like you do with party drugs, then you will get your ass kicked by a bad trip.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3911126 - 03/13/05 01:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SWEDEN said:
Yeah, agreed. If you take psychadelics with the intention of getting fucked up like you do with party drugs, then you will get your ass kicked by a bad trip.

Happened to me once. Thankfully I've never been the same since.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: dblaney]
    #3911451 - 03/13/05 02:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I agree with all of the above statements. I, too, do some serious thought probing while under the influence of shrooms. I would love nothing more than to find a whole group of people to meditate with while shrooming. Unfortunately my friends all seem to be the same way, they don't take the time to sit back and talk or think about whats going on while on shrooms, other than one friend who is majoring in psychology in college.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlinekillme
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: SuperD]
    #3911520 - 03/13/05 03:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would have so much fun talking to a psych major on shrooms. That would be cool as hell.

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: killme]
    #3913642 - 03/13/05 11:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I usually have deep thoughts when I'm blazed or on shrooms. Sometimes on low doses I don't even try to have deep thoughts and just sort of numb my mind so I can enjoy the body high and whatever I'm doing at the moment. I leave the deep thought for the higher doses, because then I will really go somewhere.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlineblkhole
Comfortably Numb

Loc: Tinpan Alley
    #3914346 - 03/14/05 02:03 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

try it, maybe they also have such thoughts but don't speak of it. You can get into some cool discussions that way

I did exactly this when I felt I was the only one of my friends who liked to talk about it. They are still the same type of "let's get fucked up" people, but now every so often we have great conversations. Last week I had a few hour debate with my friend over the big bang theory and evolution. Once you start it spreads like wildfire...I think a lot of people like talking about it, especially us drug-crazed hippies  :grin:, but they are worried about how others will react.

--------------------
With our love, we could save the world, if they only knew...
-George Harrison R.I.P.

http://irevolution.org

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: blkhole]
    #3914368 - 03/14/05 02:08 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I've come across alot of people who trip 'recreationally' meaning: they dose impulsively without ever planning and do it to get fucked up. I think there are alot of those people on the Shroomery. I guess that is cool if you're into it, but I just don't feel comfortable with that style.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3915264 - 03/14/05 06:49 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well it also depends on where you are at.

deep thinking is always good, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to get "fucked up" either.  i think a little of both is good. 

if I'm at a party, I'm not going to be doing a whole lot of deep thinking. I'd rather be having fun with others.

thats not to say i don't smoke bud and sit down and ponder my own existence either :wink:

if I trip by myself, I really like to sit back and have no thoughts at all.  its breathtaking.  no mind...all awareness  :thumbup:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: kaiowas]
    #3915925 - 03/14/05 01:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

well it also depends on where you are at.

deep thinking is always good, but there's nothing wrong with wanting to get "fucked up" either. i think a little of both is good.

if I'm at a party, I'm not going to be doing a whole lot of deep thinking. I'd rather be having fun with others.

thats not to say i don't smoke bud and sit down and ponder my own existence either

if I trip by myself, I really like to sit back and have no thoughts at all. its breathtaking. no mind...all awareness

Well said :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Edited by RyanKerr (03/14/05 01:08 PM)

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Getting fucked up. [Re: Kerr]
    #3916339 - 03/14/05 02:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i am the same way. all i do is think deep into everything. i wish i could get fucked up once in a while

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience