Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblujack
Stranger
Woods?
    #3905239 - 03/11/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Ok, I went (for the first time) hunting a few times last season with a guy I know. To give you an Idea, he is one of those guys that acts like he knows everything, but really doesn't. So he takes me out to a field near his house, I expect to start walking around in the field, but instead we head straight to the woods. I questioned him about it, and he told me "most cubes(i think he called them brown tops) youll find in the woods, not in the fields" And we did find a few that night, including one he called a "dick head". And while we were looking I would scan the field and didn't really see any. So i am sort of confused. Where do you guys find most of your cubes. Oh I live in central FL. Im thinking, after looking at the weather for next week, friday might be a good day, scattered showers for 3 days, then sunny friday. The lows are mid 50s, Im hoping its gunna be warm enough. Any input is appreciated....

SO the guy is gunna take me to some field, he says you can fill a shopping bag in less than an hour, So ill let you guys know, and will post some pics if I get lucky.
thanks
JD

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Woods? [Re: blujack]
    #3905552 - 03/12/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Psilocybe cubensis (AKA "Cubes") will ONLY grow from dung.

If those cows venture into the woods, then, yeah, you'll find htem... Otherwise, no they arent hallucinogenic.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #3906266 - 03/12/05 09:15 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

As angryshroom said, they only grow from cow dung, but from my experience many large cubes grow where the cowfield and the forest meet. I think it's because the sun would normaly dry them up before they could continue to grow.

Also there are some great cubensis hunting guides online. A quick google search should rend you many results. When I first started picking I used this guide:

http://www.shroomwizard.com/GGreat.html

Evan

Offlineblujack
Stranger
Re: Woods? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3907287 - 03/12/05 01:15 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks guys,
I know they only grow on dung, I was just curious if more were found in the fields or onder trees, If I were to tell you what I thought from my experiances, I would say there are more in the woods. I was wondering if that was tru or not.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #3907431 - 03/12/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Well the thing is, mushrooms tend to do better in the shade than in direct sunlight. In places that receive long periods of direct sunlight, the dung dries out faster and is exposed to heat which can make the conditions too dry or hot for the mycelium to survive. Under the shade of a tree it is typically more moist. They still do grow in sunny areas but usually to a lesser degree.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Woods? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3907868 - 03/12/05 03:06 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Evan said,
Quote:

I think it's because the sun would normaly dry them up before they could continue to grow.

I find them in s hot sunny places in the open in rice paddies all the time in Thailand, and i am talking hotter weather than in Texas or in Florida.

Of course the shrooms do a lot better in shady areas, but it does not matter. When they come up the big ones are big and the small ones are usually small. In Thailand, the samuinesis cannot take the heat after five days of initial fruitiing they disappear. So do the Copes. However, the cubes are a sturdy mushrooms and are physiologically stable and I think their thick robust bodies protect them even from the sun. I go to pick at 7 am in the morning and can come back in the late after noon (5 pm) and more shrooms have erupted in the sun. After so many days though they can die off, but it only takes 24 hours for the shrooms to mature to adult hood from the time when they fruit. Tghe sun will not hurt them unless it had been several days of sun and no rain.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (03/12/05 03:13 PM)

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Woods? [Re: angryshroom]
    #3908088 - 03/12/05 04:13 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

What about B+? If spores happened to germinate on a mulch pile, they could definetly source enough nutrients to fruit.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3912586 - 03/13/05 05:37 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

during the summertime shrooms
tend to grow best under the trees.

during the wintertime shrooms
tend to grow best in the open field.

in florida and the gulf coast..

and southern florida has a 'winter season'.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals