Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident?
    #3906827 - 03/12/05 01:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I know this is a pubber topic but it is a good  question.  Have any of you shroomers ever been venturing out at night when you come across a fellow hunter?---it would be cool I think to meet a random shroomerite in a field just by coincidence.  I once saw some kids that were being all stupid shining flashlights and talkin loud....I appoached them rather rapidly not only to meet them but to say to KEEP IT ON A DOWN LOW....they took me as the owner and fled the scene.  Dont creep up on me if you see some kid runnin around in the fields, we can hunt together! :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemeluvshrooms
Stranger
Loc: North Florida
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3906884 - 03/12/05 01:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ya, once I went to my field at around 8am one morning and I saw these 2 guys coming up the hill. I was really baked so I just laid on the ground because I didn't know who the fuck it was. They walked by me at first without seeing me, but then one looked back and just kinda starred at me. I was just like "UM, you guys here for the same reason??" And they were just like "yaaaa." I got up and we compared our finds, but we each only had a couple cubes. I actually gave them one of my numbers because we were gonna hook-up and smoke sometime since we all went to the same college as it turned out. I've also seen other people in my field at times, but didn't make contact with them...I don't want to take the risk most of the time.

--------------------
Shr00ms make me Happy! :cool:

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: PsillyNilly]
    #3907240 - 03/12/05 03:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

we don't hunt in the fields here much or at night at all, but I've run into lots of other shroomers while out hunting, including quite a few random run ins with people that post here :smile:.  if I see someone obviously out hunting shrooms, I'll usually go bullshit for a bit and see if they're having any luck, of course if I was trespassing to pick, I'd probably be a bit more low key about it.

DH

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #3907535 - 03/12/05 03:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have never really actually ran into another person that was looking for mushrooms in all of the years that i have spent out there. I think mushroom hunting is just not that common in this area.
I've been to forays before where people meet up to go mushroom hunting together, those are pretty fun.
Most of the people that I have ran into when mushroom hunting where suspicious of my presence. Usually someone will ask what I am doing out there and I will tell them I'm looking for mushrooms... They usually give me weird look and I get the feeling they think that I'm actually trying to trespass/steal things and that I'm using that as an excuse.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleFurrySheep
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Loc: nURHEAD
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: spores]
    #3907577 - 03/12/05 04:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i once ran into three guys at our *secret* shroom field that was no longer a secret cause people cant keep there mouth shut. They said they were from a local university and were out shroom hunting. which is fine but the were acting like drunken idiots eating shrooms in the field. one of the guys was so drunk and fat he tore down the crooked fence that looked as if had been hopped over a million times by previous shroom hunters.
when we got there we asked them if they were having any luck cause it was obvious as to what they were doing and he unwrapped his shirt he mustve had 100 shrooms. my friend was in disbelief that some of them were not shrooms.prolly cause he was tossing some out in the field. out of no where this guy comes walking out of the dark with a cow skull that really freaked us out. we talked for awhile, they left.
we begin our shroom hunt. they got most of the shrooms before we did. but we still came out with about 20 or so we were all happy.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3907846 - 03/12/05 05:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have run into others when picking many times, last year with @cro and Mycoguy on separate ocassions. the strangest two run ins were in maui in 1987, I was hitch-hiking to a field on the Hana highway and a car's brakes screeched as it pulled over and I ran up to it and a girl steps out an says mushroom John?

It was my children's baby sitter from four years before on her honeymoon.

The strangest one yet was in Thailand. I had gone into a Rasta beer garden in the village of Ban Mae Nam in front of a large rice paddie field of shrooms with no bag. I asked the Malaysian bar tender if anyone there had a box or bag I could have for picking shroomies. I asked the bar keep if he had some bags and if I could get some Ganja from him.

He told me to ask the person sitting next to me at the bar. I tapped this fellow on the shoulder and he looked at me and said, "Mushroom John from Seattle?" Cannot even go ten thousand miles and people still seek me out and find me.

Have a shroomy day\

mj

InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
    #3911998 - 03/13/05 05:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm always bumping into fellow shroomers here in the UK.

One time I skived off work to go shrooming in the Peak Distict and an hour or two into picking these 2 figures emerged eerily from the mist and one of them was a friend I handn't seen for ages! We were both like, "what the hell are you doing out here!!??"

A couple of years ago I bumped into this hippy chick in a field and we ended up spending the day picking together, checking out new spots, smoking a few j's and even had a beer or two at a nearby pub!  :laugh:

Last season I was hunting in the Peaks again and got chatting to a local kid on a bike who was checking out the field I was picking in. He  gave me some damn good P semilanceata locations nearby that proved very good hunting grounds!  :grin:

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: Bi0TeK]
    #3912097 - 03/13/05 05:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Awesome stories guys! That reminds me of a little account from last season.
Last April, I came across am excellent little patch of Cubes and Copes in a little shady chill part of the field. I noticed the stream was only a few yards away where a bunch of rocks were laying around So I took 5 minutes out and drew out a little 3 by 2 foot shroom (with larger rocks so the cows wouldn?t trample) followed by my initials and some spots in the cap in honor of the shroom gods for granting such a gift.
When I returned the second time in October to that same spot, there were 3 more shrooms with initials!! 1 bigger elaborate one and then 2 more bout the size of mine tilting towards eachother with a heart drawn around it!!! 2 shroom hunting lovers? This made me feel good. If you see some rocks in the silhouette of shrooms, make sure to add your name and dig up this thread to tell me! Ill be looking for yours MJ, I know where theres a patch MJ will find it. Lets just hope the farmer doenst wake up one morning like ?WTF MANG I got enough problems with msuhroms already!!! wuts with all these god damn rocks in the shape of shrooms!!? LOL

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #3912519 - 03/13/05 07:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yes i have met other shroomers in fields before.

i am unsure if any of them visit the shroomry,
never asked

GG

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #3913143 - 03/13/05 09:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

almost every field ive been at in my area ive run into somebody here and there shroomin as well then one time i had some kids i ran into who only found a couple and i had a huge bag so i gave them some.

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: camelsmoker]
    #3913588 - 03/13/05 11:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ive never ran into anyone personally but i have two different friends on different occasions that ran into some shroomers going in the field as they were going out.

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: Gainer]
    #3913993 - 03/14/05 12:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

MJ, if i ever saw you i would know you in an instant. i would just pretend i diddn't and start talking shrooms with you and see if you could guess. :smile:

ive run into niggy a couple times.  ive also run into kids, they never pick the right ones, its disheartening.
i don't like having to show minors how to get high, but its preferable to them dying. i usually just show them what to find and keep evrything, they will always ask for some and i will usually laugh and tell them no, that i wont be giving them drugs and that im only trying to help them survive.  usually by acting out mushroom poisoning./..

--------------------

OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
    #3914043 - 03/14/05 12:44 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Never run into one but LK and I go hunting somewhat frequently. Speaking of LK, where is that mofo? We need to go hunt some morels.

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #3915503 - 03/14/05 10:04 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This one time I was hunting and I ran into some very fun guys :evil:

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3920879 - 03/15/05 02:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my man ran into mycoguy and bitterpill once!!

and of course I've been picking with some of the shroomery greats... DH, stymee, mj, Joshua, IceHouseShaman...

and I've definitely run into some non-shroomerite shroomers!! It's popular pickings around here

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3921336 - 03/15/05 04:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i run into people a lot in the field where i hunt, mostly idiots though.
This one time i found some kids wearing white T-shirts (we hunt in the daytime), being as loud and obvious as they could possibly be. I ran at first when i saw them cause i thought they might be farmer joes or someone (weve had a few run ins, Joe and I), but it turns out i know the fools.
Has anyone else encountered a farmer in a tresspassed field?

OfflinePsillyNilly
Stranger
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: Psilygirl]
    #3921618 - 03/15/05 05:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well I'll be looking for a Rock shroom initialed P.G. when I start goin out again :P

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
    #3921924 - 03/15/05 06:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Last azure season I was walking around and came across a group of 3 fairly obvious gatherers. They all had big sticks they were using to push the grass and blackberries to the side. I walked by a patch of about 20 pretty little golden pins, too small for picking, and watched the guys tear the babies out of the ground. Karma works it's ways with those who are determined to ignore basic resource management and propogation. I wish them good will so that they will come to understand the necessity of the next generation.

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Has anybody ever met a random shroomer or even shroomerite in the fields? by accident? [Re: Signo]
    #3921988 - 03/15/05 07:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hey have I ever picked with you??

I think we both were picking at the same place but never together.... :wink:

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing
    #3922058 - 03/15/05 07:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

never directly another shroomer, but I was shrooming one time in a field with a buddy.. and then someone in a jeep 4x4 starts romping through the fields. really not that fun

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification