Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesnoo
Stranger

just a couple quick questions from a newbie
    #3905550 - 03/12/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, I've read the pf and other teks as well as the FAQ. I've also tried to answer my question via the search function but what I found didn't exactly answer my question. I'm going to do my first attempt soon and I just want to do my ducks in a row. I apologize if this has came up again and again.

I'm going to do the PF jars. I'm plan on doing some cakes and go ahead and attempt a casing using this tek. This way, atleast if my casing fails I will have a shot at getting the cakes right and not having to re-order spores. I haven't decided on a casing mixture, the 50/50+ looks good, but whatever is simplest will probably be the best for my first time.

Ok, onto my question. I plan on using a large, clear rubbermaid container for the terrarium and perlite (or geolite) to help keep the humidity up. From what I've read the casings don't require as much humidity because the casing mixture holds moisture. If I put the moist perlite in the bottom of the rubbermaid and then do the casings in foil baking trays and set that on top of the perlite, will that be ok? Do I have to worry about the humidity being too high? The humidity is pretty high where I live in the first place. Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated.

Again, sorry if this is redundant. I just want to make sure this is a decent plan on action before I start buying stuff. Thanks a ton!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: just a couple quick questions from a newbie [Re: snoo]
    #3905580 - 03/12/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

snoo said:
I'm going to do my first attempt soon and I just want to do my ducks in a row.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3905591 - 03/12/05 01:18 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

50/50 Coco coir and verm is even easier.

If I put the moist perlite in the bottom of the rubbermaid and then do the casings in foil baking trays and set that on top of the perlite, will that be ok? Do I have to worry about the humidity being too high?

That will work. Your gonna have to air it out 3 times a day min. As far as the humidity I myself never lower it below 95%

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: just a couple quick questions from a newbie [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3905594 - 03/12/05 01:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Quote:

snoo said:
I'm going to do my first attempt soon and I just want to do my ducks in a row. 

Get! haha. ducks are kinda sexy though  :blush:

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #3905596 - 03/12/05 01:22 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

And they are with your for life.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: just a couple quick questions from a newbie [Re: Magash]
    #3905602 - 03/12/05 01:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
50/50 Coco coir and verm is even easier.

If I put the moist perlite in the bottom of the rubbermaid and then do the casings in foil baking trays and set that on top of the perlite, will that be ok? Do I have to worry about the humidity being too high?

That will work. Your gonna have to air it out 3 times a day min. As far as the humidity I myself never lower it below 95%

Thanks for the info. I've read about people shopping cigar shops for hygrometers. Do you know of a place online I can order a decent one? Preferably not too expensive though.

Offlinecrazymanja
Bug Eyed Earl
 User Gallery

Loc: I GOT SHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #3905859 - 03/12/05 04:11 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Petsmart has a Fluckers digital hygro/therm which records highest and lowest humidity and temp for $18 bucks.

--------------------
"My mom thinks I'm special"

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

#3907242 - 03/12/05 01:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Another question. about how much to use when casing.

I want to get the most potential out of my limited space. It seems to me that if you don't use enough pf jars in the mix you're not getting the most out of the space you have, but if you use too much you could be wasting some. Or perhaps would using more just make it possible to have more flushes? In this pf casing tek I believe he uses only one jar for the foil baking tray. Would using more be wasteful?

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

#3908160 - 03/12/05 04:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I just discovered that I have a cool mist humidifier (I thought mine didn't work anymore). I read the cool mist tek, but I'm just wondering how you go about keeping the temperature up when using one. I wouldn't have a big problem keeping my terrarium at the ideal temp this time of year, but if the humidifier cools it down I guess I might need some type of heat source?

Just trying to get everything planned out. Thanks to anyone who replies!

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3908192 - 03/12/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

snoo said:

I want to get the most potential out of my limited space. It seems to me that if you don't use enough pf jars in the mix you're not getting the most out of the space you have, but if you use too much you could be wasting some. Or perhaps would using more just make it possible to have more flushes? In this pf casing tek I believe he uses only one jar for the foil baking tray. Would using more be wasteful?

You could use as many jars as you want.

More jars and thicker substrate...will get you larger fruit.

Be sure and use a casing layer.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinesnoo
Stranger

Re: just a couple quick questions from a newbie [Re: Roadkill]
    #3908441 - 03/12/05 05:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:
Quote:

snoo said:

You could use as many jars as you want.

More jars and thicker substrate...will get you larger fruit.

Be sure and use a casing layer.

Would the same principle apply to innoculating the jars? More inoculate = faster/better colonization?

Offlineaxis_tech
Rollin' Stoned

#3908641 - 03/12/05 06:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

within limits it does, but if you add to much inocullant to the pf jars you could throw off the ratio of the mixtures and waist spores.

--------------------
takes a token' and keeps on smoken'

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #3909388 - 03/12/05 09:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

snoo said:

Would the same principle apply to innoculating the jars? More inoculate = faster/better colonization?

No

Using too much inoculant will throw off the water ratio of the jar...and will most likely lead to contams.

Using a few extra spores in the spore syringe or using a mycelium syringe will give you faster colonization times...with pf jars(BRF/Verm jars).

Using a few extra spores in the spore syringe, or using wedges of cultures, or using a mycelium syringe will give you faster colonization times...with other types of Grain based jars.
For Example... Quart jars of.... Rye, WBS, Millet, Popcorn...etc.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder