Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Questions that humans repress out of fear of knowing the answer
    #3905652 - 03/12/05 02:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I think as human beings, we're so intent on adaptation to our enviroment, that certain questions about the nature of existance get repressed. Perhaps a rationalizing occurs where a person assumes the easiest solution to the problem must be true. Here are some I thought of:

- If dinosaurs existed for billions of years, then that must mean that all life was experiencing a mundane life without any form of deeper thought? (tough to phrase, but it leads into the next question)
- What seperates me from being a dinosaur, a fly, or being a human? Why am I entitled to living the life of someone who can apperiate things much more deeply?

Here are some questions on the idea that being born into a culture entitles one to protection and security, as well as a higher standard of living, I.E. that being born into a technologically advanced society with a high standard of living means that a person is of higher value than others.

- What seperates me from the people who live in conditions where there is little hope and a constant condition of famine, war and disease?
- If almost all cultures believe in their deity as being in charge, and that they are "God's chosen people", then what real security do I have that my God is the one in charge?
- If people are a product of their culture, and that being born into a paticular culture shapes how a person sees things, believes, thinks, then wouldn't I be extremely different if I was born into a different culture? Again, following that idea, what do I truly have to do with being one of God's "choosen people"? Wouldn't that mean that God is judging people on what culture their born into?
-If God created people, and how their designed, and if one believes in the idea that God "scripted" (or predetermined everything), then wouldn't the sin have nothing to do with me, but how God created me and that he is actually the source of the sin?

That's all I can think of right now. The trouble with this is that not all cultures or people think of life/theology in the same way, so this isn't meant to capture what "all" people think. Just looking at it from the monothesitic point of view (and excuse any poor grammer or spelling, I'm really tired and rambling).

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Questions that humans repress out of fear of knowing the answer [Re: Twirling]
    #3905708 - 03/12/05 02:45 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Twirling said:
I think as human beings, we're so intent on adaptation to our enviroment, that certain questions about the nature of existance get repressed. Perhaps a rationalizing occurs where a person assumes the easiest solution to the problem must be true. Here are some I thought of:

- If dinosaurs existed for billions of years, then that must mean that all life was experiencing a mundane life without any form of deeper thought? (tough to phrase, but it leads into the next question)
- What seperates me from being a dinosaur, a fly, or being a human? Why am I entitled to living the life of someone who can apperiate things much more deeply?

Humans are only superior because we believe ourselves to be superior, and constantly have to taut our own ego about our superiorities to ourselves. Beyond a higher order of reason supposedly possessed by mankind, and the utilization of tools...

That's it as far as I'm concerned. I have a cat that sits on top of my monitor while I'm being a forum whore... it just sits their, soaking up the heat, awake, and happy.

It can stay their all day, and I do mean all day. To not constantly judge, evaluate and to think... I'd kill to have the mind of a cat for a few hours.

Basically I'm saying that man just can't be satisfied with one aspect of anything for too long, once something is accomplished/dominated, we only look to something greater.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Questions that humans repress out of fear of knowing the answer [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3906082 - 03/12/05 08:06 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

even suffering from a burning hunger day to day
something emerges from the opportunity of life.

we don't want the suffering to continue that way and feel compelled to do something.

i am directing my tax dollars that way. it is exhausting

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder