Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

Loc: Restaurant @ End of Unive...
Innoculating BRF-jars without a syringe?
    #3905512 - 03/12/05 12:29 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Is it possible to inoculate a BRF-jar directly from a fully-colonized cake? I thought I read around here somewhere that i can just cut off little pieces of mycelium and skip making a spore syringe. I haven't yet gotten a spore print yet and it would be sweet if I could start a new round right now. Would this work?

--------------------
You are sleeping with your eyes open.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Innoculating BRF-jars without a syringe? [Re: hankfu]
    #3905528 - 03/12/05 12:35 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You could attempt this.

You would have to sterilize cakes w/out dry verm layer.

Sterilize dry verm.

Do the cake 2 cake transfer in glove box, add dry verm layer.

Im not sure if it would work.

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleBrotherJohn
Man Behind the Harmonica
Male

Loc: Somewhere I Have Always B...
    #3905548 - 03/12/05 12:50 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

another thing you could do is to steralize a jar 1/2 full of water with a small hole in the lid..then in a glove box,slice of a piece of cake and add it to the jar of steralized water.Then just shake it up real well,breaking up the myceluim in the water and simply suck the water up into a syringe through the hole in the top.Presto you have a culture syringe that will begin the colonization of your cake even quicker than spores.Dont worry if you cant see mycelluim in the syringe,just make sure you shake the jar up real well,the myceluim cells will be in the syringe water.

--------------------
-I Lied and Told Her I Loved Her...She Didn't Care,But Anyway.......

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating BRF-jars without a syringe? [Re: BrotherJohn]
    #3905558 - 03/12/05 12:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

He said without a syringe :wink:.

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisibleBrotherJohn
Man Behind the Harmonica
Male

Loc: Somewhere I Have Always B...
Re: Innoculating BRF-jars without a syringe? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #3905566 - 03/12/05 12:59 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

no he said he didnt have a spore print yet,he may have an empty syringe considering he already has colonized jars. :wink:

--------------------
-I Lied and Told Her I Loved Her...She Didn't Care,But Anyway.......

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3905568 - 03/12/05 01:00 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, well, my way sounds more funner! :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3905635 - 03/12/05 01:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The mycelium would have to grow from the very top to the bottom, which would add so much time to colonization that imo, he might as well wait for some syringes.

Using wide-mouths would help with this problem some, but not entirely solve it.

And somehow I don't see someone who doesn't even have syringes having a glove box. Syringes are just so much more basic to this hobby.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
Re: Innoculating BRF-jars without a syringe? [Re: Tantalus]
    #3905637 - 03/12/05 01:55 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

A couple flips of a sterile spoon would fix that problem.  :rolleyes:

If he had 10 dollars, and ten minutes, a newb could have a box for his first grow.

--------------------

Edited by Psychoslut (03/12/05 01:56 AM)

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3905659 - 03/12/05 02:13 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Without going to alot of extra trouble, if he's using regular half pints it'd still take longer. It would require dumping the cake out to get it very far down in the jar without stirring out most of the sub. Gtg is alot easier in quart jars.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
    #3905661 - 03/12/05 02:14 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You can get a big ass syringe for injecting flavoring solutions into meat / turkey / whatever at WalMart / KMart / Target for like $3. Better than no syringe at all - for sure.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3905670 - 03/12/05 02:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Stop acting like you know it all newb, please.

2 tblspns colonized wbs to a cake, and that thing would colonize in 15 days or less, that is if it didnt contam.

Ill be posting progress pictures of grain to cake spawing in a week.

Not to prove you wrong, but just for the sake of doing something new.  :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

#3905715 - 03/12/05 02:47 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hehhehe... sweet, seems like you guys have some good ideas on that front. Thnx... Just to clear things up, I've got like four syringes so that's not a problem, I just would like to get my next round started soon and also was just curious if I could skip the tedium of making the spore syringe and save the prints I'm getting for some time down the road when I might not have any active cakes (heaven forbid).

Also... i don't have a glove box, but i could definitely make one. I may be a newb, but i ain't lazy. So it seems like what you guys are saying is that if I tried to do a cake to cake transfer that it would end up taking a lot longer to colonize hence negating the benefit of not waiting for the prints? Thanks for the input too... 'preciate it.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #3905729 - 03/12/05 02:53 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Glove boxes kick ass.

--------------------

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

#3905737 - 03/12/05 02:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Ahhhh.... so pretty. Like an artifact from the not-to-distant future. Hmmmm.... come to think of it I have been looking for a way to cut onions without stinging my eyes....  :eek:

--------------------

Edited by hankfu (03/12/05 03:11 AM)

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3905804 - 03/12/05 03:30 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
Stop acting like you know it all newb, please.

:rotfl: pissed that I laughted at your popped popcorn idea?  It's nothing personal man, the main reason I visit this board is to try and help others.

Quote:

Psychoslut said:
2 tblspns colonized wbs to a cake, and that thing would colonize in 15 days or less, that is if it didnt contam.

Ill be posting progress pictures of grain to cake spawing in a week.

Not to prove you wrong, but just for the sake of doing something new.  :laugh:

You're going from grains to half-pints and calling me a newb?  Use a 3" needle to innoc from the bottom all the way up and you can go from spores to full colonization in 10-11 days, less with a myc innoc tek.  No need to gtg and take 15 days.  :smile:  Just a tip from your friendly neighborhood 'newb.'  :rotfl:

--------------------

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

#3905815 - 03/12/05 03:36 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BrotherJohn said:
another thing you could do is to steralize a jar 1/2 full of water with a small hole in the lid..then in a glove box,slice of a piece of cake and add it to the jar of steralized water.Then just shake it up real well,breaking up the myceluim in the water and simply suck the water up into a syringe through the hole in the top.Presto you have a culture syringe that will begin the colonization of your cake even quicker than spores.Dont worry if you cant see mycelluim in the syringe,just make sure you shake the jar up real well,the myceluim cells will be in the syringe water.

Wait a minute... I seemed to have kinda glossed over this one. Would this work? I mean would it actually colonize the jars as quickly or quicker than with spores?

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3905821 - 03/12/05 03:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

quicker than with spores

--------------------

Offlinehankfu
bornlever-puller

#3905831 - 03/12/05 03:48 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmmm... well then why isn't that the default method that they tell all the newbs about??

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3905837 - 03/12/05 03:51 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

More room for screw-ups. PF tek with vendor syringes is pretty much error-proof, if the directions are followed.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3905901 - 03/12/05 04:52 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Owowo the little psychoslut, is he doing it again? Naughty boy! :tongue:

When will that frustrated moron ever learn? When will he drop his fucked up attitude? :thumbdown:

My advice: ignore that loser to prevent senseless discussions in teh cult. fora.

Best regards, and support to you, Tantalus... :wink:

MF

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag