Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Loc: Spangladesh
Mushy Types?
    #3902147 - 03/11/05 10:54 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Hi,
I'm new to this board but I've been lurking in the shadows for a long while. I've been searching this board for a simple list of mushroom types/strains and how they differ experientially (ex. what are the distinct, and regularly experienced, trips). I wasn't able to find anything like that. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or something... Is there somewhere I can find brief descriptions? What are some of the more pronounced effects of some of the more common mushroom types? Which are most worth experiencing and why? I've endulged in quite a few in the past and really enjoyed them, but I don't know what type they were. I guess my real question, for my own research purposes, is this: Which types typically produce more pronounced colors and intense visualizations while light on the head trip. Also, which types tend to be more philosophical (in a good and mellow way)? This is a great site BTW!
Thanks,
Aguy

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by AguyIssaman (03/11/05 12:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Mushy Types? [Re: Mobius_Strip]
    #3902864 - 03/11/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

It seems to me you are not looking for cubensis. That is about all the info I can give you. Psilocybe Tampanesis truffles made me feel very mellow and philosophical, but it is so hard to tell since every trip will differ experientally even from the same grow. I would suggest that it seems you are not wanting to use cubensis, they are tricky, they show you problems with your life that you may not want to recognize. Psilocybe Cubensis are not an easy mushroom at all. In fact, some shamans refuse to use cubensis because they think it has an evil spirit. If you ask me it is not evil, just tricky.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: Mushy Types? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3902913 - 03/11/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I don't mind cubensis, and I'm assuming that's what I've encountered most often, I'm just curious about experiencing the variations. I'd like to have an idea of what to expect and what to look for.

--------------------
The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate
-Noam Chomsky

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #3903165 - 03/11/05 01:37 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

There is no way to tell.
This topic is disscussed every now and then and it never gets anywhere. A person can say they personally had this type of experience on this type of mushroom but that is as far as you can go. For every experience you have had that is one way, there are a few other people who have had exactly the opposite kind of experience. I could say Psilocybe Tampanesis truffles had a warm and more visual feel to them, but I am sure there are those that would disagree.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineMobius_Strip
Distant Relative
 User Gallery

Re: Mushy Types? [Re: mecreateme]
    #3904189 - 03/11/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Hmmmm, damn.
I can honestly say I've never had a bad experience on mushrooms. One time I had an incredibly visual trip that was far more colorful and visual than anything I'd ever experienced. It was the perfect balance of mellow, philosophical and highly visual (fractals, trails, colors, duplications etc...) They didn't turn my stomach and I felt warm and cheerful. Those mushrooms looked the same as every other I'd had (brown/light grey rimmed caps with bluish grey/black peaks and light grey/brown stems). I always wondered how they were different. I was hoping to find out what strain they were but it sounds like they could have been anything... Weeeeeel then... are there any particular strains you might recommend for any particular reason? I've heard good things about Hawaiian cubes and of course I'm curious about the mexican strains, golden teacher and philosophers stones. Although, it seems hard to find the philosopher stone spores; any ideas?

--------------------
-Noam Chomsky

Edited by AguyIssaman (03/11/05 05:28 PM)

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3905352 - 03/11/05 11:18 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

As far as the most potent mushrooms I have ever had, and Im sure there are more potent out there, was the penis envy's. A mutated strain of ecuadorians i believe. Sometimes they were too strong for people and gave a lot of naseua, but I felt fine every time i ate them, working my way through 3 ounces dried over a few months.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies