Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespiderman
Stranger
first time shroomer
    #390401 - 09/10/01 06:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I know there's been a lot of posts concerning this topic, but I just want to do all that is possible to ensure a good trip. This weekend I'll be going camping with 2 or 3 of my close friends, 2 of which have done shrooms but only one time each. We're all pretty close, so trust isn't an issue. We'll be camping overnight at a fairly secluded place in our small town, so again no worries there..

The one thing I'm not sure of is the type of mushroom we'll be eating because I'm away at school right now and my friend who's at home already bought them. Chances are, they are some sort of P. Cubensis by the way he described them the little I've learned from the net. If they are PCs, I'm wondering if 1/2oz (~14g) will be enough for 4 of us to all get good trips. What is recommended for solid a first trip?

We'll also have plenty-o-bud with us, and I'm wondering when or if there good times to smoke during the trip. Any opinions or suggestions will all be greatly appreciated.

-This doesn't feel right, are you sure this is legal?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
Re: first time shroomer [Re: spiderman]
    #390434 - 09/10/01 06:39 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

3 1/2 g each is too much for your first time, IMO. I would say start out with 1 1/2 - 2 g. This will give you a good idea of what the whole psychedelic experience is like and you've got the rest of your life to crank up the dose. As far as weed, I find it helps to smoke a bit on the come up if you find that you are getting very uncomfortable and anxious. Don't let this stage worry you though because eventually you will break through this stage and the real trip begins. Also, smoking some bud on the ride down after the peak is very enjoyable. Have fun!

---------------------
"Jesus did not have wheels."

Offlinewindex
old hand
Re: first time shroomer [Re: Scratcher]
    #390520 - 09/10/01 08:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Somepeople will suggest starting with 3g for a good solid intro. Only taking 1 - 1.5g might give you a week trip and you could be turned off by lack of trippyness during the ordeal... the first time i tripped (i was growing my own so i had a little more to play with) i ate 3 2" stems and 3 1" caps. It hardly did a thing except make me think a lot and kinda turned me off. But the next time i ate em, i had way more then anyone would have suggested (1/4oz dry) and i loved it

You approach the turnstiles and know that when
you get there you have to give the man two dollars
or he won't let you inside but when you get there
everything goes wrong.

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
Re: first time shroomer [Re: windex]
    #390532 - 09/10/01 08:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah i would say 2-3 grams because the first two times i took shrooms i did 1 then 1.5 and i was almost ready to quit so i went 3 which was how much i had left and i was more than pleased to even say the least

i can believe its not butter but why would you do that
http://go.to/freesporering

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

OfflineHBS
Male

Re: first time shroomer [Re: fuzzysquirelnuts]
    #390592 - 09/10/01 09:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

you can't recommend dosages really, because EVERYBODY responds differently do drugs/ my friend needs an eighth to trip as hard as i trip on a half eighth, and one of my friends took the same ecstacy pill as me at the same time, and i finished rolling 2 hours quicker than he did (and he was ROLLING) and I din't roll nearly as hard. another example is how I completely lost my mind on 3 1/2 hits of acid, and my friend was barely fazed.

IMO 2 is good to start out with. if it DOES get boring, then just dose again another time at 2.5 - 3 gm. always start low, you have SO long to live.

We're all MADD here...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports