Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
pressure cooker gets funky
    #3903664 - 03/11/05 03:09 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

hello,
i was woundering if anyone knows why or has the same problem...i have a old pressure cooker it works great the thing is whiteish deposit grows inside of the pot when it is dry..(it does not grow on the cover though)...why do you think this is happing or do you think when i pressure cook my jars that it would hurt them in any way??? i can get it clean before each batch i clean it with beach -very warm water and soap but a couple hours after i use it the stuff grows???? i wish i could get rid of it...Help  PPPLLLEASE... :confused:

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebumper
Playin EVE
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Canada
Re: pressure cooker gets funky *DELETED* [Re: starptv23]
    #3903676 - 03/11/05 03:12 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Post deleted by bumper

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
Pitbulls are like any other dog, they can be trained to be nasty or they can be trained to be good, some are smart and some are stupid, just like every other breed.
Their tough, stubborn and loyal, which is easily turned into something horrible in the wrong hands.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: pressure cooker gets funky [Re: bumper]
    #3903690 - 03/11/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

we have clr here also i will try it is cant hurt...thanx for the advice... :sun:

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Offlinemanbeef
psychedelicfarmer

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Vancouver, BC
Re: pressure cooker gets funky [Re: starptv23]
    #3903692 - 03/11/05 03:16 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

yeah probably just mineral deposits from your tap water, nothing to worry about

--------------------

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: pressure cooker gets funky [Re: manbeef]
    #3903711 - 03/11/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

but i dont use tap i used bottle that is distilled...but maybe when i wash it we do have very hard water here... :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#3903712 - 03/11/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Vinegar might be a better choice than bleach. . .You might want to make sure the metal hasn't developed major pits over time. I used to use granny's old PC, and finally just turned it into a pasteurization vessel because the pits/divots were beginning to creep me out.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: pressure cooker gets funky [Re: Suntzu]
    #3903726 - 03/11/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

i will try vinigar i have it here...but how do i turn mine into a pasteurization vessel cus it is a very old pressure cooker and the stuff does gross me out...but i will try the vin now...thanx

--------------------

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#3903762 - 03/11/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

'pasteurization vessel'='big stock pot' [no pressure, just heat to simmer]

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: pressure cooker gets funky [Re: Suntzu]
    #3904948 - 03/11/05 09:12 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

thank you for the advise.... :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies