Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSensimillia
Stranger
Quick Question...
    #3901528 - 03/11/05 08:32 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Is it possible to make a spore syringe from a dry closed cap specimen. Any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks

Edited by Sensimillia (03/11/05 08:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemeehi
Being
 User Gallery

Re: Quick Question... [Re: Sensimillia]
    #3902312 - 03/11/05 11:21 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Shame no one is replying... well to my knowledge no its not, sorry :frown:

--------------------

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
    #3902607 - 03/11/05 12:08 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

a spore syringe, no. in order to make a spore syringe you have to let the cap of a mushroom open up fully, cut off the cap as close as you can w/ a sterile blade, and then place it on sterile tinfoil or index card or something to make a spore print. leave it there for about 24 hours.

then from a spore print you can make a syringe a multitude of ways, check out the growing articles on this site for different methods.

but no, you cant make a spore syringe from a dry closed cap because
1) the cap is closed, therefore the spores cant drop
2) the cap should be fresh and open to make a spore print (not dry)

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Quick Question... [Re: Edge]
    #3902684 - 03/11/05 12:17 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

i've read people takeing dried up shrooms from the bottom of a bag and putting it in a karo solution. so i guess you could make a mycellium syringe. high contamination risk though.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Quick Question... [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3902710 - 03/11/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

yeah its definately a high contam risk. if you wanna make a mycellium syringe you should do it with freshly picked mushies. the difference being, Sensimillia, that a SPORE syringe has spores in it and a MYCELLIUM syringe has mycellium in it... and a mycellium syringe will cause faster growth in a jar than a spore syringe.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

InvisibleFloydseamus
Fun Guy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Long Island Flag
Re: Quick Question... [Re: thenewguy05]
    #3905007 - 03/11/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

thenewguy05 said:
i've read people takeing dried up shrooms from the bottom of a bag and putting it in a karo solution. so i guess you could make a mycellium syringe. high contamination risk though.

I would think that if someone used dried up shrooms from the bottom of the bag, they were actually getting a little bit of spores.... If mycelium is dried, it is dead. I dont see any possible way of getting any growth unless the person were to get lucky and get some spores from that dried material... Its just not possible. Once again, someone correct me if im wrong. Peace

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3905081 - 03/11/05 09:58 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

If you were to use a scalpel to open that dried cap and remove some of the insides, and put it on an agar plate, I think you would get a few spores on there and they would germinate. (provided they were viable, of course).

The contam risk is too high for liquid culture.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures