Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Kratom, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology...
    #3902078 - 03/11/05 12:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Have you seen that sponsor of shroomery (salviaextract.co.uk)?

Check the way the package their product..Yes,the female laughinh face (ahhh yes,this must be lady salvia) as well as the product information,the part concerning salvia especially..

Yes,i will quote it
Quote:

Salvia Divinorum (Salvia) or Salvinorin A, street names Salvia, Divine Sage and Magic Mint is a legal, powerful natural hallucinogen marketed to and easily accessed by teens on the web and at times, health and spirituality stores. Health care and law enforcement officials described Salvia as an organic hallucinogen as potent as LSD.

Lets have a look at their posters...One for kratom

and one for salvia

Has anyone got problem with statements like that?

Has anyone wondered if marketing approaches like the ones used by this company is hurting the entheogens future in the long run?

So,all it takes to be a shroomery sponsor is offering the shroomery money and being reliable? No hints about what the company's ideology should be? Couldnt the shroomery refuse sponsorship from companies that popularize entheogens in a way that harm will come to them?

Edited by Psiloman (03/11/05 12:46 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: Psiloman]
    #3902136 - 03/11/05 12:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

"Has anyone got problem with statements like that?"
Yes.

"Has anyone wondered if marketing approaches like the ones used by this company is hurting the entheogens future in the long run?"
Yes.

"So,all it takes to be a shroomery sponsor is offering the shroomery money and being reliable? No hints about what the company's ideology should be? Couldnt the shroomery refuse sponsorship from companies that popularize entheogens in a way that harm will come to them?"

Yup. Nope. Yes, but it won't harm the shroomery, all they offer is information to do illegal (or quasi-legal) things anyways. The only way they'll stop taking money from sites like this is if someone forms an entheogen advocacy group that could put up more sponsorship money than these vendors.

Sorry, I'm cynical, and this might not be the case, and there may be some people running the shroomery that might actually object to these types of vendors. Perhaps this thread might change some minds, but one of the best approaches to this problem would be for shroomery members to flood this vendor's e-mail address with complaints. These ads kind of remind me of the one's for "herbal ectasy", although they try to hype up entheogens for bigger $$$.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3902512 - 03/11/05 01:56 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The guy running it seems nice enough, I don't knwo what to think about the packaging though.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: gdman]
    #3902786 - 03/11/05 02:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

very goofy
but ride the vine
sounds like appealing
call to action

OfflineAtma
100% Organic

Loc: All Natural
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3903560 - 03/11/05 04:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have a HUGE problem with their advertising and that kratom poster makes me absolutely ill. This is the way things become illegal!

--------------------
Look to trade for:
Salvia Incense
Kratom
Kava Kava

Have for trade:
Ethnos and Ethno seeds
Pan Cyan Syringe

PM if you any of these you're looking to get rid of!

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: Atma]
    #3903973 - 03/11/05 06:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Its not because of those advertisements. Its in the paranoia system that starts witchhunting every new "drug".

And why? Tradition?

Not that those advertisements are my taste or something. But bashing that sponsor is easy. The real problem is harder to solve, the stupid governments throwing people in jail who use natural substances.

MF

--------------------

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3919722 - 03/15/05 06:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Looks like they're trying to market their stuff to children with their gay rainbow colored packages. I wouldn't be suprised if there was a secret decoder ring in every package. I bet these exact packages will be plastered all over the news right before they're scheduled by the DEA.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: Frappy]
    #3919789 - 03/15/05 07:09 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Probably. This "brand" is quite widespread in Europe, it is not unique to this sponsor. I saw the kratom one over a year ago and nearly shat my pants, thinking kratom is so gone, but fortunately it doesn't seem to have caught too much authority attention yet. But it will.  :sad:

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3920550 - 03/15/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Kratom won't be illegal in the near future, unless someone starts marketing it as "better than heroin". Salvia won't be illegal because it's to expensive, and not likley to find an underground market.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: shroommachine]
    #3920639 - 03/15/05 12:57 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So with "It's a lot nicer than being stoned" it's going to be safe then?  :cuckoo:

Salvia is already getting scheduled in more and more countries. Just a few months ago it was Belgiums turn.

Edited by Young_but_cool (03/15/05 01:07 PM)

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Salviaextract.co.uk and Shroomery ideology... [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #4042465 - 04/11/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

So,should we have a word with this vendor?

I think that since they are shroomery sponsors ,they have relationships and ties with shroomery and this could make contact easier...

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4049919 - 04/13/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

These days, it's marketing along those lines (i.e. that is seen to be appealing to kids) that's as likely as anything to get a substance illegalised. It's partly why there's been a crackdown on tobacco and alcohol advertising here in england, although of course those two are still big (and alcohol is likely to remain a huge problem for our country for the forseeable future)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Kratom, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum