Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinetomas
half scientist,half monkey

Yopo vs. Cebil
    #3901900 - 03/11/05 12:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had one experience with Cebil (Anadenanthera colubrina var. cebil). I think Yopo is a different thing (it should be Anadenanthera peregrina), but some internet shops don't make the distinction.

According to Jonathan Ott, Cebil seeds have mostly bufotenine (5-HO-DMT). Ott has found over 3% bufotenine in Cebil seeds, and that's a lot.

On the other hand, Yopo should contain mostly 5-MeO-DMT and DMT.

Bufotenine is rather neurotoxic, and I've read it seems to be psychedelic only at doses close to neurotoxic levels. In fact, some wonder if the seemingly psychedelic effects (like phosphenes) are not just due to its toxicity.

Now my experience. I roasted some seeds and packed a big brass pipe with about 5 or 6 crushed seeds. Then I smoked 2 big hits. After about 30 seconds I released the smoke in a reflex similar to nausea. Then felt my hart was pounding madly. After anther 30 seconds (1 minute after I got the second hit) I felt a horrible nausea like I've never felt before and I ran to the bathroom (but didn't vomit). I noticed I couldn't breath! I wasn't able to breath for about 40 seconds (1:40 after the second hit). About 10 minutes after smoking, I was feeling normal again (no nausea). Horrible, and not psychedelic at all. I think this is bufotenine. What do you think? Did anyone have a similar experience with Cebil? Is Yopo different, in your experience?

You know, it would be wonderful if someone with access to a lab could run a GC/MS on Yopo and Cebil seeds and compare the spectra.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejammon
Napoles

Re: Yopo vs. Cebil [Re: tomas]
    #15301730 - 10/31/11 12:25 AM (5 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man you should try extracting the alkaloids from the seeds using 5% vinegar.
Get 3 seeds and remove the shell.
Cover them with vinegar. Shake a lot
Filter out the seeds and repeat the extraction two more times.
Then wash the vinegar with hexane (lighter fluid). Discard the hexane or evaporate to find out how much impurities were in the seeds.
Evaporate 95% of the vinegar.
Sprinkle some sodium carbonate on the extract and mix it througly.  That should freebase all the alkaloids. Completely dry it in oven.
Try it and tell me whatcha think about that :smile:

The thing with Bufotenine is that it is a little polar, and does NOT dissolve in naphta-hexane-petroleum ether-etc like DMT does...
So here you use a very non-polar solvent only for defatting, since yopo seeds don't contain too much DMT
Most Mimosa Hostilis teks would not work for yopo seeds...

I'll be trying this this week and posting it here http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=15301672&page=0&vc=1#15301672
:crazy2::sun::mushroom2:

Edited by jammon (10/31/11 12:30 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience