Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomMatt
Loc: Troy, NY - USA
Too cold?
    #390151 - 09/10/01 11:05 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

First wanted to say I think this board is great for first-time growers like myself, it makes me feel much more comfortable. I'm using the MMGG, inoculated 8 days ago and things are looking good. I plan on using the ultra-sonic humidifier method but here's the problem. I live in upstate New York and the people who live in my apartment insist on not turning the heat on until Thanksgiving (to save money), which makes for a very cold end-of-October and November. I got the spores from PF- is there a minimum suggested temperature for growing? And if need be, should I instead of picking up an ultra-sonic humidifier, get one that can warm the air?

--------------------
[blue] To see a world in a grain of sand [/blue]
[green] And Heaven in a wildflower- [/green]
[red]To hold infinity in the palm of your hand [/red]
[purple] And eternity in an hour [/purple]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Too cold? [Re: MushroomMatt]
    #390154 - 09/10/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

A flourescent light sitting directly atop the terrarium should warm things up. I've always used just perlite. Maybe someone else can answer your question. By the way, not until Thanksgiving? I live in upstate NY as well and that's COLD!

Offlineaenima
Loc: UK
Re: Too cold? [Re: puscle]
    #390190 - 09/10/01 12:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

is cold for me at moemnt, can't get light on there, all i have observed is small mushrooms with small caps. Not major prob really.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

Invisiblecantara
Loc: Beyond the sun
Re: Too cold? [Re: MushroomMatt]
    #390273 - 09/10/01 01:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Get one of those little room heaters at Wal Mart or something. Depending on how big your growing room is, these little heaters can, in my friend's experience, heat a room that is about twice the size of an average closet to around 82 when the surrounding temp in the rest of the house/apartment is much, much cooler than that - can't hurt anyway. Get a little room heater, get a small and fairly enclosed grow area - note that when I say enclosed, if it is TOO small and enclosed your heater will shut off. Leave some door open or something. Experiment for a little while with pen and notebook and ambient-air thermometer in the area for a few days in various configurations till you get something you are confident will work well.

Note that if you have your setup on or near floor level, the heat will be more directly on them and will be a few degrees warmer than how you might have measured the ambient air.

Good luck.

---- Cantara

When I was young I knew everything

--------------------
---- Cantara

[green]Shroomism, please don't delete this thread![/green]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract