Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
best chamber design for rez-effect 21x15x9in. casing
    #3901891 - 03/11/05 12:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i have a rather large casing colonising here. the tub i made it in is about 21x15x9inches. Double end cased with a nice substrate layer. I put a little perlite in all 3 layers for air.

bottom is verm and perlite
middle is colonised rye, verm, and some perlite
casing is coir and verm with a little bit of perlite

This thing is making a lot of heat and will be done colonising soon enough. I just made it up a couple days ago.

Ive inquired about one idea ive had for a fruiting chamber in another post.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3901417/Main/3901417/#Post3901417

i am POOR, so take this into consideration when you make suggestions. What are my options here? Im looking for an optimal flush of course. I know this has great potential. If this works out, ill of course paint flames on the sides of the tub and post pics of the monsters.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMages
Spaz
 User Gallery
Re: best chamber design for rez-effect 21x15x9in. casing [Re: kilgore_trout]
    #3901979 - 03/11/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kilgore_trout said:
I've got an ultrasonic cool mist with humidity and mist volume control dials. i have a giant casing and was just going to invert an even larger tub over it. it will rest on two of the sides and hang over the other two a few inches. if i run a garden hose from the humidifier to top of the inverted tub, i should be able to adjust my humidifier so that is the proper humidity output and run it 24/7. The open sides wouldn't be a problem most likely due to the positive pressure. I will of course run my multistage air purifier(carbon/hepa/uv/ioniser/ozonegenerator)in the room 24/7. seems like this would all work if i could adjust the humidifier down to where it can run 24/7. so what do you think, does this sound like i can do it? I'll of course do test runs as best i can.

Sounds good. You might pull a swath of Saran-wrap around the gap where they join to reduce the size of that gap, which will increase the benefits from your positive pressure (and prevent contams if it turns out it isn't positive enough).

--------------------
- Mages

Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed.
- C.J. Cherryh

Offlinekilgore_trout
Stranger
Re: best chamber design for rez-effect 21x15x9in. casing [Re: Mages]
    #3902176 - 03/11/05 12:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i was thinking i might have to do something to make the openings a little smaller, but the 24/7 flow sounds good? Hopefully adjusting it works well. I was thinking about deforming the inverted tub with a hair dryer so that it will fit better, maybe even around the casing's tub. ill keep everyone posted.

--------------------
"I didnt fight a secret war in nicaragua so you could walk these streets of freedom bad-mouthing lady america in your damn mirrored sunglasses."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, HEPA Filter, Perlite, Rye Grain, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation