Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Loc: Old Europe
Glad I'm not in Louisiana
    #3901300 - 03/11/05 05:02 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Homegrown hallucinogens
Friday, March 04, 2005

Most people look at the periwinkle and see a hardy bedding plant that will make flower beds look colorful all summer long. But others look at Vinca rosea and other common plants used in landscaping and see a way to get high.

People should be able to use periwinkle, morning glory, angel's trumpet and other plants with hallucinogenic properties to beautify their gardens. But they shouldn't be allowed to turn them into drugs. A bill filed by Rep. Michael Strain would make doing so a crime.

House Bill 20 targets 40 different hallucinogenic plants, making it illegal to produce, possess or distribute anything containing them for human consumption. The penalty for producing or distributing such products would be two to 10 years in jail and a fine of up to $20,000. Possession would carry a term of up to five years and a fine of up to $5,000. The penalties are comparable to those for other hallucinogens.

The bill is a reasonable response to a rash of problems last summer. Two Des-trehan teenagers had to be hospitalized after drinking angel's trumpet tea, and three Kenner youths landed in the hospital after drinking Kool-Aid laced with angel's trumpet.

Following those incidents, the Kenner City Council and New Orleans City Council adopted ordinances aimed at angel's trumpet. But a statewide law that deals not only with angel's trumpet but other highly toxic plants is needed.

Ingesting these plants is quite dangerous. The hallucinogenic effects themselves can prompt bizarre and risky behavior. Kenner Police said one teenager high on angel's trumpet tried to jump off a roof, and another tried to take a bite out of his own arm. But the plants are also highly toxic. Angel's trumpet causes fever, blurred vision, urine retention and delirium. A Florida teenager died from its effects.

When a flower stops being a flower and becomes a drug, it's appropriate to treat it as such. This bill won't prevent everybody from carrying on dangerous experiments with plants from the backyard, but it will show that Louisiana is taking the hazard seriously.

List of plants(ww w.legis.state.la.us/billdata/streamdocument.asp?did=288583):
Brugmansia arborea.
Amanita muscaria.
Conocybe spp.
Panaeolus spp.
Psilocybe spp.
Stropharia spp.
Vinca rosea.
Ipomoea violacea.
Datura spp.
Pancreatium trianthum.
Kaempferia galanga.
Olmedioperebea sclerophylla.
Mesembryanthemum spp.
Virola spp.
Anadenanthera peregrina.
Anadenanthera colubrina.
Erythina spp.
Genista canariensis.
Mimosa hostilis.
Rhynchosia spp.
Sophora secundiflora.
Peganum harmala.
Banisteriopsis spp.
Tetrapteris methystica.
Heimia salicfolia.
Tabernanthe iboga.
Prestonia amazonica.
Ipomoea violacea.
Rivea corymbosa.
Salvia divinorum.
Atropa belladonna.
Hyoscyamus niger.
Mandragora officinarum.
Brunfelsia spp.
Methysticodendron amesianum.

Edited by Young_but_cool (03/11/05 05:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Young_but_cool]
    #3901464 - 03/11/05 08:00 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Lets see if those bastards try to outlaw Phalaris grass for having DMT in it.  :sad:

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #3901685 - 03/11/05 09:09 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Holy shit, that's everything.
Evil plants! Bad leaves. Burn the forest down before it eats us. Please, I'm scared of the world.
People sure are afraid of their shadows.

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Young_but_cool] * 1
    #3901878 - 03/11/05 10:05 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Funny thing is I think they have just copied the list from Plants of the gods or some Legal Highs pamphlet from the 70:s or something... Ipomoea violacea is mentioned twice and the shrooms and iboga are already illegal. They list some really obscure ones but there is no mention of some more common ones ie.trichocerus spp. It is a wierd list indeed.

Edited by Young_but_cool (03/11/05 10:22 AM)

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#3901924 - 03/11/05 10:13 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

So what is this some kind of equivalent of the analogue act applied to plants? Thats some bullshit and if it spreads outside of LA, I know more than a few of us might be considering a move.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3901984 - 03/11/05 10:23 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Well...i will turn the conversation to another issue that stems from drug users mentality and suppliers mentality.

To be glad not being in Luisiana is not really enough...How did the officials of luisiana got a whiff of those plants? How do they know them? What the fuck Virola ,mimosa hostilis and anandenathera are doing on the list?

Ponder on this please...

My take on the subject userwise: As you have noticed popularoty to those plantsi s given by careless users and not by true reearches or scholars of the subject...Teens going to the ER because of X plant is a nice start for the authorities to start looking in some plants...Scholars and true researchers are not immune to poisoning and trips going bad.They are immune to stupidity,they are immune to carelessness and they are immune to "ingesting substances on a whim without preparing first". I think shroomery too has had its fair share of careless users and drug abuse,i think the mentality issue is not taken into account much on many occasions (anyone remembers thenewuser's live trip reports where people cheered him? Yes,he could end up in ER and make a relatively unknown plant "famous")

My take on the subject supplierwise: Many suppliers are online (especially of those plants) and it would be naive to think that the authorities dont know about them.Consider they are closely monitored...If an irresponsible person or a teen using "mamas or papas" credit card can get his hands on the "new magic beans that make u trip" (read: HBWR) then its very easy for authorities and DEA to find those websites,analyze what they sent and slowly but steadily ban them...Suppliers should be more discreet and show more interest for the survival of the ethnobotanical species with interesting properties but....money took their brains away...Have you noticed that sponcor of the shroomery that sells salvia in green,yellow and red packages with a smiley womans face on the packet (i assume its the female spirit or something)? Well,thats a good way to popularize salvia and ban it! Thats exactly what im talking about...Maybe shroomery officials should rethink their policy towards the company i mention (couldnt they simply refuse their sponshorship because of ideological differences? What am i saying,in order to have ideologicall differences you must have an IDEOLOGY first)

I dont "hate" shroomery,but its true that it could do more and raise standards to at least put a small stone in not promoting companies or individuals that can be candidates of which states like luisiana make an example of..

People prepare....More banning on our way soon!

OfflineAtma
100% Organic

Loc: All Natural
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Psiloman]
    #3902515 - 03/11/05 11:56 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

This is great because I live in LA,  :sad: :mad2: :confused: :frown: :sad: 

PM me with your extra seeds quicklike! My time is running short! I hate this state!

Much more angry discussion to come.

--------------------
Look to trade for:
Salvia Incense
Kratom
Kava Kava

Have for trade:
Ethnos and Ethno seeds
Pan Cyan Syringe

PM if you any of these you're looking to get rid of!

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Psiloman]
    #3902557 - 03/11/05 12:02 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Soon to come:
The US Government bans every plant and drug.
For legal and illegal drugs, there's always irresponsible users.  Illegality has NOTHING to do with responsible drug use.  People OD and abuse Tylenol for fuck's sake. 

It's just like everything with Americans, even if provided with proper usage documentation, we don't read it.  "My back's really fucked up after work, I'll pop 8 tylenol."  Or, "If this plant is LEGAL and makes you trip, I'll take a shitload of it to REALLY TRIP BALLS!"  Half the country barely reads anything anyways or takes the time to really read how something works in the first place. It's ignorance that is killing America, and stupid politicians are catering to this attitude.  They treat an average citizen like a stupid person that needs to be protected from themselves, and marginalize the smart people in society.  :sad:

OfflineAtma
100% Organic

Loc: All Natural
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: biglo]
    #3902637 - 03/11/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Kratom and HBWR are strangely absent from the list{this is good).

--------------------
Look to trade for:
Salvia Incense
Kratom
Kava Kava

Have for trade:
Ethnos and Ethno seeds
Pan Cyan Syringe

PM if you any of these you're looking to get rid of!

OfflineMaverik
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: West
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Atma]
    #3904522 - 03/11/05 06:55 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Many of those plants are weeds and growing in the law makers very own yards, even if it does fly enforcing it would be a complete joke. The legislation also puts plants which are practically unknown down into text as being "interesting". They just made a bunch of people aware that these plants can have intoxicating effects. Lot of good that did.  :whatever:

--------------------
~ Dead to the Core ~

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Maverik]
    #3905211 - 03/11/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

isn't Mimosa HBW but I'm to lazy too look up right now.  You know what I'm more angry at is those fucking kids that ended up in the hospital.  ITS FUCKING IRRESPONSIBLE PIECES OF SHIT THAT RUIN EVERYTHING.  You have a legal substance and then u get a 15 yr old zit faced kid who is looking for a high and then uses it very irresponsibly.  This is the reaction one should expect from the government if that happened. If people used drugs responsibly it wouldn't be illegal instead you get people tripping on LSD thinking its a awesome idea to go drive.  That's the root of the problems, at least what I believe.  Those kids are causing it to become illegal.  If that they didn't end up in the hospital the drugs wouldn't becoming illegal. :mad: :devil: :satansmoking:

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3905278 - 03/11/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

mimosa is a dmt tree, hbwr is a lsa vine.

i think we can all agree this is prety fuckered... mention of rare ones, no mention of really common ones....also their arguments are with daturas....i believe we are all on teh same page on this one too:  Daturas can VERY dangerous.

fungus arent plants....different kingdoms.  i would have thought an oficial type list explaining the extreme dangers of and the chemical makeup of certain plants would at least know *some* grade 9 biology :rolleyes:

anyway, same ol i guess.  wouldnt stop me none.  but then i wouldnt be keeping extraction tools out in the open if that happened...

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #3905305 - 03/11/05 11:00 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Bullshit. If only adults did LSD in the privacy of their homes you think it'd be legal? :rolleyes:

The government just uses "Think of the children!" as one of their rallying points for criminalizing drugs. Honestly, they could care less if a kid's never touched one of these obscure drugs. How many do you think do ayahuasca? Yet those ingredients are on the list.

They're trying to irradicate all psychedelic use everywhere in the States. This is just closing the noose even further.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Ravus]
    #3905401 - 03/11/05 11:34 PM (19 years, 21 days ago)

alcohol makes hypocrites out of all who oppose psychedelic plants.  how can our government profit from a drug proven time and time again to be a)addictive, b)harmfull to amny parts of the body c)kill far far too many people annualy.

i dont have numbers to back me up, but i have lost 3 friends personalyl to drinking and driving.  i have never had 1 friend die, or even go to a hospitol for any other psychedelic other than booze.  i am not saying these drugs do not present any danger, they do and it should be treated seriously. 

to me its liek the government preaching safety, compasion, peace etc while they kill/maime other people.  fucked right up.  I learned more from teh anti smoking seminar run by chain smokers than these pricks :tongue:

and i agree its not all age, but i would tend to agree kids are more into doing than hearing.  i was and still am.  when i was 12 i would not of come here and read all about mushrooms and what to expect, how they work and so on.  i woul dbe told how much to take and chow em down (i didnt but that was my way of doing things).  i think people need to live with their decisions.  they want to take a toxin and rick their life, cool.  dont go crying and costing my money when you start shaking on the ground though.

all sides need to grow up and open up is my basic opinion.

--------------------

OfflineMontyRev
Stranger
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: Maverik]
    #3905499 - 03/12/05 12:24 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

you really should not let your state government force you into moving...thats why the government thinks they are winning...people do things like move...so they think...oh they all moved away when we changed the laws.....
stick up for your rights fuckin protest!
thats why so much stuff got done in this country during the 20-60's people actually gave a shit and protested....try gathering a few hundred people today who all think the same on one topic....thats fairly easy...but finding a few hundred people with balls is a different issue

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: MontyRev]
    #3905505 - 03/12/05 12:27 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

sad that in todays society standing around with a sign for a day takes balls.

--------------------

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: kadakuda]
    #3905723 - 03/12/05 02:51 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

They mention Brugmansia arborea.

They didn't mention B. candida :laugh:

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

InvisibleYoung_but_cool
Stranger
Male

Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: BorgFace]
    #3905974 - 03/12/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

As I implied earlier, they have probably just copied an out of date list of plant/fungi psychoactives. A lot of them have not been proved to be psychoactive (and of course, in those plants no active substance has been identified) they just have some ambiguous anthropological referrals to traditional use. And I wonder how they are going to enforce the ban on kaempferia galanga, while it's a very common spice in Asian cooking. At least here most Asian food stores stock it, and I suppose that goes for the US as well  :laugh:. The responsible legislators are probably to ignorant to even recognize this  :rolleyes:

Edited by Young_but_cool (03/12/05 07:32 AM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Glad I'm not in Louisiana [Re: MontyRev]
    #3906042 - 03/12/05 07:32 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

biglo said:
Soon to come:
The US Government bans every plant and drug.

it's already happening because too much free access to the info is out there,
think of the number of times someone has refered to taking some of these things
and selling them as club drugsor just selling them to whom ever in general

Quote:

MontyRev said:
you really should not let your state government force you into moving...thats why the government thinks they are winning...people do things like move...so they think...oh they all moved away when we changed the laws.....stick up for your rights fuckin protest!

I hear hundreds of people say "I'm moving to canada, you can smoke weed up there
I also remember hearing how free canada is and then read stories about how 4
RCMP officers were killed in a marijuana grow-op raid. That doesnt sound like
a free country to me

one man can only make a difference if he can gain support, organization is key
as someone said, these plants are often found growing in the yard of the same
legistator that has voted on the law, step in with the media, show the public
that these 'criminals' are cultivating dangerous substances, push for the
prosecution of these criminals that are making the laws and endangering more lives.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3906243 - 03/12/05 09:10 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

i once told people that periwinkles were strange little animals and drew funny pictures and posted them up on the walls all over the school when i was a little kid in like fifth or sixth grade of something. and above the pictures it said save the periwinkles. and i got people to donate money to the "save the periwinkles foundation" as if they were an endangered species or something. i got some pretty smart kids donating money. i saved a lot of periwinkles.. yes i did.. :wink:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf