Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedogweazle
bad trip theory
    #388641 - 09/08/01 11:13 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I've been thinking about this for a while.

My theory is, if a would-be tripper DOESN'T even KNOW about a bad trip, or what one is.. he will most likely have a great trip. I mean, if you dont know it's possible, there's nothing to worry about. I'm thinkin that the worrying is generally what leads to a "bad" trip.

Trying this out would be hard, because almost everyone knows about bad trips.. but i dunno I've never even done it myself!

Just a thought.

----------
He called the shit poop!

--------------------
----------
He called the shit poop!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: bad trip theory [Re: dogweazle]
    #388648 - 09/08/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Its all in how you look at it. The worrying and paranoi that somepeople get when seeing less then pleasing visuals is what I think bring on a bad trip. I myself have never experienced a trip I thought was a "bad trip". But thats not to say that they were all good either. Many of my trips would have landed alot of people fearful for their lives and never want to do any psychadelic again, but I think they are the more fun ones. I think its all to do with the personality of a tripper, if they meet challenges with open arms in every day life they may do very well with a trip that would have most crying.

For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinesurfacing0
Loc: Utah
    #388906 - 09/08/01 07:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, my first time doing acid I was like, "Don't have a bad trip, Don't have a bad trip, and that sent me into one. It ruined the peak and everything because I was trying my hardest to just be sober and normal. Later on, I relaxed and realized the true psychadelic nature and found out even more than I knew before that DARE is thae biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever been filled with in my life.

~Prying open my third eye.~

--------------------
~Prying open my third eye.~

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#388942 - 09/08/01 08:34 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

dogweazle you are a genius

when i took acid months ago for the first time, I knew of the existence of bad trips, though all trippers know that you don't really know what to expect when let in the gates of psychedelia if you have never tripped before. im pretty sure thats why i never freaked on acid. but once i took shrooms, i truly realised the harsh existence of "bad trips", or as I think of them, journeys through the harshest, deepest, most thorny parts of the jungle. When a person ventures through these frightening parts of the jungle, they encounter the worst of the worst of entities, feelings, emotions, and vibrations. Once you clear through the thickness and utter complexity of these parts of the jungles, and come out, you become that much stronger. You have ventured where post people would never dare to go. You have faced things that nobody should ever have to face. You have faced the menacing vibrations and overcame.

We're all MADD here...

Offlinesir_shroom_alot
enthusiast
Re: bad trip theory [Re: HB]
    #389100 - 09/09/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

WHAT.... A BAD TRIP???? AH MAN DUDE I JUST ATE 16 AUSTRALIANS, AAAA MANNNNN

first u get the money, then u get the Weemen!
Wee men? what the hell are u talking about!
i said woman; no u didn't man!

~Ur PAYING ME IN HAIR CLIPPINGS! WHAT ARE U cRAZY?

--------------------
first u get the money, then u get the Weemen!
Wee men? what the hell are u talking about!
i said woman; no u didn't man!

~Ur PAYING ME IN HAIR CLIPPINGS! WHAT ARE U cRAZY?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #389796 - 09/09/01 09:43 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

How did the first bad trip happen then...?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: bad trip theory [Re: Phluck]
    #389856 - 09/09/01 10:53 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I think a person can give themselvs a bad trip by worrying and being paranoid. But I know from experience that durring a trip their is sometimes a sudden surge of feelings and emotions which runs through your body, and at times I have had a few of those feelings be negative even though I was in peace with my steeing and the people around me. It could be something as small as a leaf falling from a tree and into your field of vision suddenly scareing you. Or hearing someone somewhere scream in anger. Emotional people might have a hard time feeling such strong emotions and theyll scare themselvs from the inside out...
At a rave once my good friend who is a veteran tripper heard the noise of an entire garbage can of glass being thrown away into the dumpster. He was having a good happy time untill then but once he heard that loud noise he was filled with the desire to leave and even though he wanted to shake that feeling he couldnt and we all understood so we left with him. He didnt freak out by any means but that was his bad trip.
GabbaDj

Ok... Just to set the record straight....
I thought the cop was a prostitute.

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: bad trip theory [Re: GabbaDj]
    #390066 - 09/10/01 08:17 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Mmm... I can only say that i have had one geniunely nasty experience - posted under 'Ps. Cyanescens trip??' - and this experience stemmed totally from disorientation associated with an unexpected level 5er - and continual auditary screaming and other sound hallucaninations... very wierd vibe of 'evil' too...
It wasnt really a bad trip as such, more just NOT any fun...
I was not even considering bad trips as such at the time - I had spent the afternoon at a pub drinking, so was in quite a reckless state - I think it had more to do with setting and Disassociation...

Edited by bluemeanie on 09/10/01 09:20 AM.

--------------------

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: bad trip theory [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #390602 - 09/10/01 07:26 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

you know that is funny, cyanescens seem to be the most evil of shrooms. when i did them (my full eighth report from a little while ago) both my friend and I lost our minds and our entire trip was of screaming faces everywhere and auditory screams as well. i think with a lower dosage they could be more fun for those who enjoy mental trippin more. i require nice visuals to enjoy my trips, so cyanescens is not my choice.

for me (and for a lot of people) when you are coming up and start feeling it, you get nervous and kind of disoriented and wondering if the nervousness will propel you into a bad trip. sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. personally, i always have this, and i never really know how but by the peak i seem to break through this and land in pure ecstacy. i think it is just adrenaline and wondering "how far you are going to go." the more you get acquainted with trippin, the less scared you are likely to be because it will be so much more familiar.

We're all MADD here...

Offlinedogweazle
Re: bad trip theory [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #390604 - 09/10/01 07:27 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the feedback yall

for some reason, i couldnt reply to this post.. heh.. even tho it was MINE.. i dunno wtf is up with the shroomerey but every now and then it does that.. the colors change, and im logged out.. strange.

anyways, bluemeanie. im not an expert at a all... but i would classify that as a bad trip hehe.. sounds FRIGHTENING

----------
He called the shit poop!

--------------------
----------
He called the shit poop!

OfflineFelstorm
Loc: North, Cold North, Very C...
    #390984 - 09/11/01 05:08 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I happen to agree with you dogweaze.

If you are a firsttimer, you will more than likely be scared shitless if you can't "let go" and "ride it out". Tripping is just that, a trip. You are going to be taken somewhere despite whether you like it or not. You can go kicking and screaming.. or.. you can go along for the fun. You eat the shroomz and swallow, there is no going back. It's a oneway ticket to a personal Hell or Heaven, or a combintaion of both as I have discovered. They will show you the extremes of yourself, both positive and negative.

If you want the best trip possible learn to "let go" of your ego. Most people are scared of losing control of a situation in general, let alone be taken for a Ephemeral Journey to somewhere else. Best thing to do is distract your mind with trivial things initially. If you indulge in negative thinking, you will have negative visuals and intrusive thoughts. The opposite is true. Sudden and un-anticipated events can turn things sour. But still the ability to control ones own mind comes into play. Meditation is a very good way to learn this. I'm not talking about the typical "sit and relax" type meditation most newbies think of. I'm referring to the ability to clear your mind of your "mind voice". It's that little sub-consious bastard that gets you in trouble nine times out of ten. That nagging little voice in the back of your head that sez, "Shroomz are bad I shouldn't be doing this.." or "I shouldn't cheat on my girlfriend." Some people mistake this as your "conscience". Not so, it is your "EGO" that animalistic personal drive that makes you want a particular thing. It is the prime motivator for love, selfishness, envy, trust and greed. It controls how you posture yourself around others. It makes you feel embarassed when someone else makes fun of you. It makes you feel angry because of that.

A balanced, rational person will have a better trip than someone that has a guilty "conscience/ego". And under the influence of any psychedelic your ego is amplified a million times and given a life of it's own. Soon the pschotropic will toss little aspects of your ego at you to see how you handle it. Some positive, some negative. And if you freak, it will take that fear, multiply it a few times, scare you even more, and then punish you for it. Or.. You will take control, with your balanced outlook on life, and then it will procede to reward you with new insights into yourself and others. The more you learn, the more the experience will try and teach you. It will most certainly be pleasant.

Will you give into the trick you are playing on yourself?

Or will you grab your ego by the ballz and silence it?

-=Felstorm=-

--------------------

To do a thing and know no better is ignorance.
It is an act of kindness to educate the ignorant.
To do a wrong thing intentionally, is evil and wicked.

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: bad trip theory [Re: Felstorm]
    #392243 - 09/12/01 10:42 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

There are no bad trips...just closed minds....take care

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
Re: bad trip theory [Re: shroom-girlie]
    #392663 - 09/12/01 06:28 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i remember my first time i kept thinking that the higher i got the funner it was and i also kept thinking it only goes up even after i realized that i had been staring at my bed for the last hour and a half (before i realized this my mind seemed much too busy to think about time) and that most of the strong visuals were gone (totally awesome)

i can believe its not butter but why would you do that
http://go.to/freesporering

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Offlinehhhp
Stranger

#24002260 - 01/11/17 08:01 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

ARE YOU plaTO AND ARISTOTLE IN ONE/

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale