Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Ok, so I live in an appartment..
    #3835833 - 02/26/05 04:17 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Not sure if appartment has two p's or one... anyways, you know what I meant.

Ok... Being an appartment and all, even though the contract says they aren't supposed to enter without me knowing, we all know they will at some point, and when I'm not home to make things worse.  Changing the locks would raise question, in my opinion... and might be reason for them to do a 'check-up.' 

Here's some things I've thought of so far to secure the fort.

- I don't want any freaking alarm going off, so I'm going to disable my smoke detector and install a hearing impaired detector (turns on very bright flashing light, but no noise).

- Blankets draped behind window shades... if I want light in, I can thumb tack the blankets to the side.

- I don't want to focus attention to the closet (grow site) -- by placing a lock on it or something along those lines, but at the same time, I don't want anyone to wander in there.  Grows are set up in 52gal tupperware tubs, all equipment (ultrasonic, air pump, etc) is in a tub of it's own, next to power outlet, with about 3 inches of cord through the side to plug into the wall.  The tubs are connected via tubing, side by side... it just looks like a bunch of 52 gal tubs on the floor.  I'm thinking about bunching up some blankets and kinda tossing them in there/on top of the tubs... and for extra measures putting one of the same tubs outside of the closet, but fill it with old clothes in case someone gets nosy (hoping they won't want to dig through the blankets and whatnot to open the closet boxes).

- We aren't allowed to have dogs so no go there...

- Install a secure lock only openable by one side of the door (the inside!).

Mainly, I'm scared that I'm gonna go to work one day, and come back to cops swarming my appartment because for some reason an appartment tenant had to come in, saw what was going on, and phoned the coppers.  The thought of that almost makes me not want to grow just because I don't want to go to jail over something like that.  Jail sucks.  Period.  Let alone I'd lose my soon-to-be fiance (hopefully!) and all sorts of other stuff.  Life would be effectively jacked up.

------

Lets say for a moment though, that I did get caught... and I had 900 grams dry mush on hand, and a buttload growing.  What would happen? :blush:  What penalties would I face?  Forever in jail?  There's no real way out of that... "I was um... doing a science project" ain't gonna work with that one. 

I don't do any other drug, no dealing with drug dealers... I don't buy weed, smoke weed, do anything along the lines of illegal.  Mush is my only thing, and I don't sell my stuff.  The only way I would be caught is those fucking tenants wandering into my appartment when I'm not home... or a fire :-X

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDuffmanooohyea
shroomapprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: Onetwothree]
    #3836378 - 02/26/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you dont have to change the whole lox box. if you can qiuckly and quietly change just the clyinder, no one will be the wiser. dont use blankets, it looks weird to say the least. you have a job, go by a nice set of drapes that match the rug. and for sure put one of those inside chainlocks. they are not strong and even a child could kick the door hard enough to break it, your landlord or nosey neighbor will think twice befoe breaking anything....... and then entering.

--------------------
"Because you need me Springfield. Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals and rule you like a King!" Sideshow Bob

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #3836636 - 02/26/05 11:38 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

changing the locks would be best and i can't see a reason not too if you're that worried about it. the only thing is if you change the locks and there's an emergency they can kick the door down and you might have to pay but they're not looking to go kicking down doors. lots of people change there locks at apartments that don't do illegal things. this girl i know has nothing to worry about legally and changed the locks because at a prior residence a maintence man was stealing stuff from her and going though her stuff. they have to let you know 24 hours before coming in, in most cases, and if they don't they are breaking a law. they can make up a reason for going in (heard a girl screaming or overflowing water ect.) but it gives you more oppurtunity in court if it ever came down to that. i can't think of anything as effective as changing locks if you want to keep them from entering without knowledge and it's a good idea because sometimes they have staff that like to steal as well.

one p by the way  :wink:

:stoned:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: John]
    #3839966 - 02/27/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the replies... :smile: I suppose changing the locks wouldn't be much of a problem, and that way if they needed to get in, they could schedule it and I'd make sure to be there and all that. :laugh:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Anonymous #1

#3840572 - 02/27/05 09:19 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the coppers.

ah hahaha, man i busted up at this, its been a long time since i called them THE COPPERS, :lol:  aww shit.. :smirk:

yeah right your not selling them....who cares man, you got nothign to prove.  anyways if i was you, i wouldnt even worry, and id pray god guide away your land lord from having the feeling to have any reason to enter and invade your privacy, to fill him with his love and assure him that you are a good guy and nothing illegal is going on in the apt. so you dont get busted for growing.  and of course...you know loose lips sink ships...just be careful and stay wise.  you need to follow your heart and always be better safe than sorry.  so if the reason your worried is because your gettin a bad vibes, you need to settle the fuck down, you have plenty of shrooms to get you by...just lay low til u have better vibes about the growing..  dont fuck around with your LIFE.  ok bro?  all i know is someone got popped with an eighth, and got 8 years. not sure what their prior record was, but 8 years for an eighth seems cruel and unusual punishment(in my eyes of course)

thats how i stay shinin. i pray for protection. :shrug: thats MY way. so only insight i got for you...of course take action on the lock, i like the inner chain lock...he wont up and bust his own door.. :lol: unless he had some strong intuition or heard something about them shrooms...

if i had a couple pounds already, id just pick whatever and get it out immediately.  ive done it before, but i was straight, but i also slept better at night.

InvisiblednL
stranger thanstrange

Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: ]
    #3844371 - 02/27/05 10:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

i can someone relate to your paranoia man ... it's our worst fears to come home and see our door kicked in or warrant sitting out on the table. you have to accept the fact that it COULD happen, but you shouldn't let that small posibility overcome you. like you seem to be aware of, there's obviously things you can do to protect yourself and safety.

realize that you are just another tenant in the apartment, your next door neighbor very well could have a grow op going as well. rule #1 - don't tell anybody, but of course that's hard to follow for some people. i have met people who have told me they grew and i barely even knew them ...

pay your rent on time, in fact pay all bills on time. never give anyone a reason to come and hassle you. be friendly with your neighbors/landlord, maintain your apartment (so if they did come in, it's not a shithole)

and the only other thing i have to add is try not to have elements that would lead them to believe you were selling, i.e. scales, baggies, lots of $$$, etc.

stay under the radar, keep your cool, and you should be alright.

--------------------

Invisiblemycophyle
tool
 User Gallery
Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: John]
    #3887182 - 03/08/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

John said:
changing the locks would be best...

Check your apartment contract. I wanted to change my locks but the contract explicitly forbids that. If they come to inspect and their key doesn't work, that will arouse more suspicion.

--------------------
Fight Apathy.
Or Don't.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3889805 - 03/08/05 09:51 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

About changing the lock, you can replace the cylinder (the working part inside the lock) and the knob will be the same but it will take a different key, then have the same type of key they gave you made for the new lock, that way you can claim it was some sort of mix up.

Be friendly with you neighbors, make sure they know if they ever need anything or your being loud or whatever they can just knock and ask you to be quiet.

It would take a total freak accident for you to be caught, keep you mouth shut and you should be cool.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3891420 - 03/09/05 04:01 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

get a dog or alarm, that way they will cause a big ruckus if they try to get in w/o permission.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflinePhotoguy
Drunk andJobless

Loc: Drunk in Texas
Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: tak]
    #3892727 - 03/09/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Normally you can not change the lock or core on the outside of the apartment. But if you have a two bedroom, like afoaf does, then there is not legal rule that says you can not put a new locking system on the second bedroom.

Infact, you can even use the excuse that you have a lot of exspensive computer and photo equipment in that room and thats why you put some extra security measures in place.

I would be much more worried about ordering spores and such online than being busted in your apartment.

--------------------
You gotta check yo' self before you wreck yo' self

B, Z, F, Burma, Cambodian, Golden Teacher, Puerto Rico, South American, Costa Rica, African

My name is Ender Wiggen and I will own you soon. Bean is my second in command, he is PC'ing jars right now.

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: Photoguy]
    #3893218 - 03/09/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

If you do place a new lock on one of the bedrooms make sure it is one that does not have something like the circuit breaker box in it, as the handy man may need to acess that room.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: SoftRat]
    #3894683 - 03/09/05 07:45 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Good thinking. :thumbup:

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#3900212 - 03/10/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

your apt complex can't just bust in. well, I mean they can... but if it states in your lease that they will give you a 24 hour notice before entering your apartment- then they enter without warning they aren't going to call the law because by entering your apt without your permission they broke the contractual agreement then they will be fined and anything found in your apt won't stand as valid evidence- it's just like an illegal search.

the only time i ever heard of apartment managers entering your apt without notice is if it's the last 30 days of your lease and they are showing your apt to potential buyers.

don't be so paranoid.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Invisiblephalloidin

Re: Ok, so I live in an appartment.. [Re: StonedShroom]
    #3900659 - 03/10/05 11:20 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

check your apartment lease about altering the fire alarm. I just got a notice this week informing me that they would be coming into my apartment to inspect the alarm. According to my lease, if I damage or disable the smoke detector, I could be charged up to $100 plus one month's rent. You could probably replace it, but I'd make sure before you do anything.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale