Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux
    #3884218 - 03/07/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

Recap of part 1: I get 1/2 oz of stamens of Nelumbo Nucifera from iamshaman and run an extraction with amazing results. I then get an oz of the flowers and run an extraction with amazingly crappy results. Turns out the flowers are Nymphae Cereleau (sp?).

The seller of the flowers contacted ME to make sure I was happy, I told him the whole deal and he told me one or two things that really helped enhance my blue lotus experience. The first is that blue lotus has a reverse tolerance so you may not feel anything the first time. The second is that if you do feel the effects the first time its best to stop smoking it as you feel them so that you can work on your reverse tolerance.

I have since ran the same ground up plant powder through another ethanol extraction except that this time I soaked it a full week and ahalf instead of 30 minutes and added about 10 grams of plant material to the ethanol so that I had 10 grams of 2-3x extract instead of 1 gram of 20-30x extract (approximation due to earlier extraction). This provided me with two great qualities. The first is the ability to actually "see" how much I was smoking. The second was that it wasn't a gelatinous blackish blob that sticks to your fingers, I even rolled it in joints to great effects.

My gf and I smoked this second extraction about 4 times with the greatest effects the third time which was about 3.5 grams of 3x extract with 1 gram of different cannabis, in 4 joints. Due to my following the advice of the seller (about reverse tolerance) this 3rd time got me buzzed for literally 4 hours, my gf a bit more but she weighs much less than I. I'd imagine the 4th time would have been more stupendous but I only had whatever blue lotus extract "shake" was left from the joint rolling.

Subjectively the nelumbo stamens are still more potent than the nymphae flowers. Of course I want to do part to part comparison of the two species, and then of the flowers vs stamens of each... thats part three once I get the proper materials in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJdawg2013
 User Gallery

Re: Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux [Re: passitbobbie]
    #3885213 - 03/07/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

how many grams of plant material or extract do ppl typically put in a bottle of wine?

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux [Re: Jdawg2013]
    #3885345 - 03/07/05 11:40 PM (19 years, 26 days ago)

The only alcohol that touched my blue lotus was the grain alcohol I used for extraction ;p so I cant say. I'd imagine the same amount that you would smoke but popular opinion is that the lotuses are potentiated best by alcohol. Subjectively i'd say its potentiated more by weed but I dont much like alcohol (very occasional drinker) in the first place. If you were going to dilute it in alcohol I'd use wine and take a few sips to get that reverse tolerance thing we talked about earlier started on then come back to it every day till the effects are felt then go hog wild cause at that point its wonderful ;p

On a side note while I did feel some reverse tolerance with the nelumbo stamens it did get me way high the first time vs the nymphae stamens but at this point its impossible to determine if that was a difference in the plants or a difference in the potency of stamens vs flowers

OfflineJdawg2013
 User Gallery

Re: Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux [Re: passitbobbie]
    #3889019 - 03/08/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

I was just told 10 grams of material in a bottle of wine is the usual.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux [Re: Jdawg2013]
    #3889285 - 03/08/05 07:27 PM (19 years, 25 days ago)

10 grams in wine then drink the entire bottle? sounds difficult ;p

I'm guesstimating that when smoked I smoke about 4-6 grams of nymphae flower... less than half of that for nelumbo. This estimate is based on an OZ that was extracted and shared between my gf and I which was good for 3.5 sessions with blue lotus and cannabis. The .5 is a bunch of shake leftover from joint-rollin.

OfflineJdawg2013
 User Gallery

#3894943 - 03/09/05 08:32 PM (19 years, 24 days ago)

i think a just a glass would do

InvisibleShamansPalace
Tree Hugger

Loc: www.ShamansPalace.com
    #3896106 - 03/10/05 12:17 AM (19 years, 24 days ago)

Yes i wouldnt drink the whole bottle. That is enough alc to get going good . You want the synergized effect without getting flat out drunk.

--------------------
Shaman's Palace
FREE Gift's with EVERY ORDER !!
QUICK shipping !10% Shroomery Member Discount!
www.ShamansPalace.com
Questions - Sales@Shamanspalace.com

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux [Re: ShamansPalace]
    #3900641 - 03/10/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I know this is a precarious thing for a supplier to do but if you have personal experience with soaking in wine I would be quite interested in how many grams of lotus to wine, and your personal dose level from slight effects to heavy in terms of wine.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #3904912 - 03/11/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

What were the effects you received from the Bule Lotus?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3905021 - 03/11/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Can you elaborate on that first sentence a bit? You ran an extraction as in using alcohol and drinking it? What were the amazing results? Did you use the whole 1/2 ounce of stamens in one sitting or what?

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

Re: Blue/Sacred Lotus parts and their relative potency part deux [Re: Ravus]
    #3905551 - 03/12/05 12:51 AM (19 years, 21 days ago)

NP I can clarify I was a little high on calamus when writing that.

I used 190 proof grain alcohol + the dry stamens in a blender. You pour just enough alcohol to cover your plant material. Then pour the sludge into a pickle jar. Let that sit for anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 weeks (depending whether you want all the actives at once or to run multiple extractions)... you get the idea I can describe ethanol extractions at length if need be.

The resulting sacred lotus extract (1g=1/2oz) was smoked 4 times with my girlfriend and myself on top of cannabis, while drinking hard mike's cranberry lemonade ;p. The effects are: lucid racing thoughts, increased ability to express thoughts, random improv moments, general "high" similar to very good sativa but not similar enough so that you would mistake the two, euphoria, CEVs, touch enhancement, followed 20-50 minutes after smoked by extreme "comfortables" a general melting into the couch feeling. The combination off extract+cannabis gets me good and high for 4+ hours.

Before you ask: No I have not tried soaking in alcohol and then drinking it. No I have not tried it by itself as I'm a big believer in potentiation of effects with different plants. If you are interested further do a search on my username, after that if you have any questions just ask.

Offlinepassitbobbie
Stranger

#3910715 - 03/13/05 08:24 AM (19 years, 20 days ago)

A friend of a friend's contact of a contact was introduced to me the other day. He has Lotus at a very agreeable price so I'm going to check him out for round three. I ordered 1 oz of Nelumbo Nucifera, 1 oz of Nymphae Alba (white lotus) and 1 oz of Nymphae Cereaula. I imagine that the extractions will be ready by the end of this week and I will update with another comparison. This time I will compare the three species I am away of against each other for potency, as well as testing stamens versus flowers of the same species. Sit tight the journey has just begun; look for Lotus Smokin: The Trifecta coming week after this.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag