Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

supporting my mother at the age of 22...
    #3900030 - 03/10/05 08:51 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

i'm really hurting about this
well, i'm not that young, and i'm not that old. my ma's running outta money and needs some help

she's been diagnosed shitzo-effective disorder for over 10 years, which is about the time my pa divorced her. basically, she's partially schitzo partially bi-polar.
she's gotten allimoney for the last ten, which let her live well (about $60k/year) that, along with inheirence of about a million has kept her afloat. she lives well, but her money is running low without anymore allimoney, and her inheiretence tied up in savings and shit.

she has much trouble holding a job, and has partially supported me for 4 years. i really appreciate what she has done. i feel like i have drained her a little. i owe it back to her.

my childhood was fucked, like alot of peoples, and i took it out on her. but now, she's kinda helpless and needs support, soon. otherwise, she'll have to sell the house she's been in for 20 years. the place i grew up in. i don't want to see this happen.

i feel like i need to get it back to her. i don't really know how, at my age and socio-economic standing, other than making an illegal indeavor in the next few years. it sucks, but a bit of money would help her out in a big way, and she needs it. the family needs it. i don't wanna see her end up in an apartmen, so i figure i need to get moving on this risky thing.

anyone ever been in this posisition? i'm planning on getting her at least $5k in the next 8 months, tripling that when i get things off the ground if i do. she really needs to be supported... can anyone lend some words of advice? i hope karma's with me...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
Re: supporting my mother at the age of 22... [Re: ]
    #3900074 - 03/10/05 08:58 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Man, I've never been in a situation like that, but I really hope everything works out.

The only thing I can really think of doing is either A) Sell Some stuff, or B) Bank Loan.

I hope everything works out for the better

:hug:

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

Loc: killah cali
Re: supporting my mother at the age of 22... [Re: Freeker]
    #3900089 - 03/10/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

i'm so sorry.. is there any way of getting her on disability where you're from?

--------------------
life is but a simple word for experience.. experience is why we use drugs.. drugs are to cure what ails us.. what ails us is- living. we only live to die.. might as well get high..

avatar: the stimulus of thought. never-ending and intertwined. one thought leads to three and they mesh together to create an idea.. shrooms, x, smoke, 151.. my ultimate idea of 'living'..

OfflinesAvVy
hIpPiE fLiPnfIeNd

Loc: killah cali
Re: supporting my mother at the age of 22... [Re: sAvVy]
    #3900094 - 03/10/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

n what happened to her alimony?? if you don't mind me asking. isn't she supposed to get it forever..

--------------------
life is but a simple word for experience.. experience is why we use drugs.. drugs are to cure what ails us.. what ails us is- living. we only live to die.. might as well get high..

avatar: the stimulus of thought. never-ending and intertwined. one thought leads to three and they mesh together to create an idea.. shrooms, x, smoke, 151.. my ultimate idea of 'living'..

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #3900098 - 03/10/05 09:03 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

She got a cool million inherited buts its tied up?!? It doesn't sound like she is in that much trouble. Tell her to untie some of it! Isn't there a way to get to that money?

Is she asking you to help her out or are you coming to this on your own accord?

Your a good shit for doing this but I'm just confused at the urgency of her situation. If your doing this risky endevour out of love and need and not greed you'll probably work it out all right. Karma is definetely with you...

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Anonymous

Re: supporting my mother at the age of 22... [Re: sAvVy]
    #3900106 - 03/10/05 09:04 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

she could go on disability, but refuses to do so. i'm sure she would still have to move if she went on disability. she lives in an rich town basically.

she's stubborn, and in denial of things to a degree. loans are outta the question... how would she ever pay one off? she has never really had a tangible income source, besides my dad.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3900196 - 03/10/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I have schizoaffective disorder as well. I get disability and SSI. It pays the bills. She could do the same?. Thats why you pay taxes.

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#3900202 - 03/10/05 09:31 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

They didn't make me move, and I have an expensive apartment.

She needs to swallow her pride. Why burden you when there are other resources available?

--------------------

afoaf said:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
    #3900255 - 03/10/05 09:41 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Helping your parents out is what good children do. I plan to more or less repay all that was spent on me in my growing up to my parents, as a sort of "thanks, old fogies, I love you and look out for you, too". It can be nothing but good karma.

Do what you can for her, but don't over-extend yourself. If you sink, she sinks, too.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: supporting my mother at the age of 22... [Re: delta9]
    #3900263 - 03/10/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

It is definitely right to take care of your parents, but you should have your feet well established on the ground first... and have your kids through college... not when you are 22.

--------------------

afoaf said:

Invisiblenewuser1492
    #3900496 - 03/10/05 10:34 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

It's completely up to you. From the situation you described don't feel you owe her anything. If she squandered $1million in inheritance and $60k/year it is completely her fault she is in the situation she is in.

she could go on disability, but refuses to do so. i'm sure she would still have to move if she went on disability. she lives in an rich town basically.

What has she personally done to deserve to live where she currently resides? There's nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of your labors but to expect others to provide for you is ridiculous.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3900528 - 03/10/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

>She needs to swallow her pride.

werd.

me & my brothers take care & support our mother,
our dad was/is a bastard, left her with nothing.

OMG an apartment???!!
what will she do THEN, living in an APARTMENT.
how blasphemous of her pride to live an APARTMENT. :whatever:

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag