Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

i'm excited
    #3892925 - 03/09/05 01:57 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I was watching a show on Tv today about the String Theory and all the other theories that arise from it, from the starting of the big bang, to the possibility of other dimensions and other universes, and all kinds of crazy stuff. I was amazed at how much the physicists have progressed in 50 years and how much they know about this universe. They have a wide knowledge on the infinitely small and the infintely large, and now they are close to linking the two with the String Theory.

Its very exciting to me, because they are so close to grasping IT, the "everything theory" that would explain how the universe works. Its like the Holy Grail of science, and it seems that there is very few evidence that needs to be collected to confirm this theory. They expect that they are only missing the proof of the existence and the studies on 4 particles (out of 32 i think) to be able to combine all the numbers in the equation. Like, if they find the gravitron (sp?) it will be a huge step forward, and they're building what's needed to detect it (better) right now.

Once again, as i have said before, it seems like the roads are all converging to this ONE point, and i smiled when i saw a scientist do the same hand gesture that i used once to explain this to a friend, and plus the scientist was saying exactly the same thing (except only concerning science, but that's huge already).

Everything has been culminating since the dawn of mankind, and it almost seems like everything has been pointing towards this one direction the whole time, the theory of everything.

I think these are very interesting and exciting times to live in folks.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: i'm excited [Re: exclusive58]
    #3892952 - 03/09/05 02:08 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes, yes indeed, i cant help but to think..

"we are still here."

this is again one of those posts making me feel, at home.. (wording)

Thank you so much for sharing this :wink:

:heart: :sun: :heart: :sun: :heart: :sun: :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/09/05 02:13 PM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: i'm excited [Re: Gomp]
    #3893011 - 03/09/05 02:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

:smile: :heart:

OfflineNuperSova
Stranger
    #3893025 - 03/09/05 02:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting, I'll have to read soemthing about this...

--------------------
I Refuse To Say I'm Lost Just Because I Don't Know Where I Am

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3893811 - 03/09/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

What is the theory of everything?

Edit:
Just read that it incorperates relativity and quantum mechanics into one theory! Sounds interesting, must do more reading!

--------------------

Edited by danoEoboy (03/09/05 05:51 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3893835 - 03/09/05 05:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Will the TOE explain what happens to our missing socks?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: i'm excited [Re: Swami]
    #3894546 - 03/09/05 07:23 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

someone from another forum i frequent had this to say when someone posted with the same fervor about String Theory.....

"and what a marvelous day it will be when my goldfish build a contraption to go beyond its tank and maybe bump into my ceiling fan or the piano"

At first i thought it was an assholish statement, but then I thought about it and it had a lot of sense to it.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3895047 - 03/09/05 08:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

IF....  It is a pretty big word.... 

Seemingly, FACT is even bigger than THEORY....  :wink:

Quote:

I think these are very interesting and exciting times to live in folks.

Every breath I get to take, is an exciting time to live in....  :heart:

ME....

:heartpump::heartpump:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3896516 - 03/10/05 03:32 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Will the TOE explain what happens to our missing socks?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but maybe this quote will make you look at things differently:

?Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I do not doubt that the lion belongs to it even though he cannot at once reveal himself because of his enormous size.? -Einstein

So concerning the string theory, in the last two decades there were actually 5 different theories of the same thing, 5 different ways to view the theory. But recently, a guy named Edward Witten created a "second superstring revolution" that made evryone realize that these 5 different theories were actually different aspects of the same theory.

A way to picture this is to imagine that each theory was seen as an island surrounded by unknown water, and each island was on a different planet. With Witten, these islands are actually all on the SAME planet!

here's a website that has a picture of this if you scroll down a bit:
clicky

And also, if anyone's interested, here is an article that explains very nicely the progress being made in the world of physics, and Witten's M-Theory, his personal theory of everything:

web pagehttp://www.mkaku.org/articles/mtheory_superstrings.shtml[/url]

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3898630 - 03/10/05 04:06 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Right now there is the worlds largest atom smasher being built. Cant remember where. Once this is completed, a lot more info will be available on positrons and other anti matter things. Ill try to find a link and post it later.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: i'm excited [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3898657 - 03/10/05 04:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The best book I have foud which can explain Quantum Physics and all the advancements to anyone, is "Quantum". By Jim al Hilal or something like that. You can find it at any Barnes and Nobles. Kick ass book with illustrations which help a lot. Doesnt have too many equations in it, it is just trying to describe in laymans terms, the theories and the Knowns of the Quantum realm. From schrodingers cat to nanotechnology and quantum computing.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3898890 - 03/10/05 04:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Right now there is the worlds largest atom smasher being built.

Just how big is the world's largest atom?

BTW, thanks for the lack of disclaimer on your "Digital Lust" track. *Swami wipes off screen* There should have been a warning to keep some tissue handy...

--------------------

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #3899229 - 03/10/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Cesium (Cs), tucked in the lower left hand corner of the table, has the largest known atoms. The atomic radius of Cs is given variously as 273.1 pm [1], 265 pm [2], 265.5 pm [3] or 260 pm [4]. Rubidium also has large atoms, but its atomic radius is almost 30 pm less than cesium's."

http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/periodic/faq/what-atom-is-largest.shtml

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: i'm excited [Re: SWEDEN]
    #3899729 - 03/10/05 07:41 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

No, i didnt mean for larger atoms. Right now, the few atom smashers that exist, are about a mile long, sometimes a little longer. They can send 2 atoms in opposite directions and eventually they will smash into each other, which causes them to break apart so that they can study a quantum particle for .000000000001 of a second.

(Im going to change digital lust pretty soon. I got some more sound clips of female orgasm i need to add)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3900163 - 03/10/05 09:20 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

which causes them to break apart so that they can study a quantum particle for .000000000001 of a second.

Or about the same as the attention span of the average American teenager...

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #3900207 - 03/10/05 09:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

what are we talking about again?

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #3900821 - 03/10/05 11:58 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hey exclusive I saw that too the first time it came on and the other night. If anyones interested it was a multipart NOVA entitled "The Elegant Universe". Its probrobly the best NOVA I've ever seen. Very thought provoking.

Swami if they ever prove string theory is correct then no it will not help find your socks, but it will open the door to all sorts of other crazy stuff. The same thing happened when they discovered Quantum Mechanics, it was pretty much useless but all sorts of things you use today are only possible because of it.

While we are on the subject of "very exicting times" I was just reading an article on the "next generation of telescopes" and how powerfull they will be and such. Anyways people are already thinking about the ones that will come after these and in 50 years(I might be alive if I quit smoking) school children could be learning the names of the continents of another world. Think about that fucking crazy stuff. In 20 years or so we will most likely have a base on the moon, and will be well on the way to Mars, if we havent already been there. Regular people will be chilling in inflatable "space hotels" in orbit. In 50 or so years we might also have the space elevator built(for those who dont know this would be essentially a several hundred mile long tether of carbon nano tubes that would reach from earth all the way into earth orbit, a "crawler" thing climbs up it. Costs will be reduced from several thousand dollars a pound to a 100 or so, adn there is no fucking 6 g's to pull on the way up.)

Those are just a few highlights that I hope to see before I die, and every one is completely possible there is no "leap in technology" needed, or a miracle or anything, It will just take money and time. Exicting times indeed.

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: i'm excited [Re: blaze2]
    #3900881 - 03/11/05 12:21 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, I hope I don't sound too negative... But is their anyone that remembers those really old tv ass shows from the ~1950's that depict what the "future" (present) was going to be like?

We tend to over exagerate a touch.

Good, seemingly sound theory and all.... but I wouldn't put too much faith in it's application till a significant scientific breakthrough (beyond theory) occurs from it.

Anything that attempts to describe everything.... is certainly made by man :lol: (Philosophically, as well scientifically)

FFS, we don't even realize how much of our solar system works.... yet we have a group of scientists with a "brilliant" theory that can explain everything if they get it right?  :stonedjerk:

/requires justification before hearsay.

(and yes, I have read the articles, and been keeping up with this theory for a while now.)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: i'm excited [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3901493 - 03/11/05 08:20 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"we don't even realize how much of our solar system works.... yet we have a group of scientists with a "brilliant" theory that can explain everything if they get it right?"

wtf? a little logic problem here no? the theory that is being worked on is supposed to explain what we don't understand about our solar system, like gravity.

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: i'm excited [Re: blaze2]
    #3901502 - 03/11/05 08:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yes Blaze2, telescopes are taking excting new dimensions as well. The VLT (very large telescope) is planning to be built so that in 10 years or so we'll be able to observe  small planets in other solar systems.

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom