Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Loc: Parts Unknown
I NEED HELP PLEASE..
    #3899711 - 03/10/05 07:37 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Ok, I just harvested my third batch of pf jars, and the friends who I gave the shrooms to said that there were no discernible effects.  2 people took 4grams and didn't feel anything.  My prior two batches received good reviews from friends.  All 3 batches were the same Thai strain.  The first two were done with multispore tho, and the third was done with liquid inoculation(my first attempt at liquid btw).  My mentor who has been instructing me said that he had a similar instance a few months ago, a couple batches seemed tohave no potency.  Has anyone ever encountered anything like this?  I prepared and grew the different batches the same, and for the life of me, can not figure out how a cube could lose potency.  Most of my friends and I don't like the taste of mushrooms, so we don't eat just for the taste, which is what this batch was :frown:  I need help so bad please.  I do have new strains incubating atm, but my mentor is still working with the same thai strain and his are very potent.  What could be the difference?  We prepared everything the same.  Sigh, help, help, help.

--------------------
If you cut off my head, what would I say? Me and my head, or me and my body?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: Underhillmaster]
    #3899727 - 03/10/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Never had that happen. Thats fcked up.

OfflineBoffsun
Rev.

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3899746 - 03/10/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Do you remember is this batch bruised blue when handled? if you have any fresh ones squeeze them a bit and find out... The bluing is a reaction caused by the psilocin breaking down, and so if it blues, and it's a cube, then it pretty much means they've got some good stuff.

Are the two friends who did this batch the same friends who did the others? Cause honestly the only thing i can think of is that by some freakish chance, you've discovered perhaps the only two people naturally immune to psilocin.

Boffsun

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: Boffsun]
    #3899785 - 03/10/05 07:51 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Much bluing occurred when I cleaned off the verm when I picked. I clean them off under the sink under cold water and put in dehydrator within minutes. My mentor even gave me comments that mine were very blue. He cleans his verm off after is dry from the dehydrator, so less bluing for him. It was actually an ounce dried, and 10 ppl consumed it, all with bad remarks. 2 of those 10 actually consumed the first batch of mine, and said it was very good. Is it possible that my liquid mycelium that I made had something to do with it? I mean the jars I made with it colonized and fruited. The shrooms had bluing. Sigh, anyone else have some comments/ideas/experiences similar? Me and my mentor are both at a loss.

--------------------

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

#3899819 - 03/10/05 07:57 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Or would excess bruising damage the good stuff content?  I thought I was pretty gentle, but there a good amount of bluing.  Maybe I am too rough with them.  I would like to hear from some of the mods if possible since they are so knowledgable.  I am very :frown: atm.

--------------------

OfflineXTCollection
Stranger

#3900090 - 03/10/05 09:01 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Nahh.. tolerence sets in quick with these guys...

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: XTCollection]
    #3900426 - 03/10/05 10:21 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

Tolerance wouldn't account for all 10 people not feeling effects. At least 3 of the people hadn't done any in 6months. Sigh. I figured if I got through all the difficulties of getting to harvest, everything would be ok. I trashed all my jars that I did with that same batch of liquid, and I trashed the spore prints I took from this batch. I will get a few prints from my friend of known potent shrooms that he took last week. I will also work my new strains in. I guess I need to test each batch. Does anyone have an idea of how this could happen???

--------------------

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
Trusted Cultivator
    #3900504 - 03/10/05 10:36 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I have experienced this as well. I cannot figure it out either...

I have my ideas what makes this happen, but you will all think I'm crazy.

One thing that is the same for both of us is that we didn't try them! I later ate some from the same batch and tripped balls!

The mycelium has a spirit just like we do, please respect them. It is fair to barter with them (considering all of the love and time you dedicate), but be sure to try them first!!!

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: Olgualion]
    #3900523 - 03/10/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

At least I'm not crazy, and it has happened to someone else. I definitely respect my mycelium. In fact, I treat all my myc and shrooms like my kids hehe, much love and affection. I will definitely start testing each batch after this, but I would love to know what happened.

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3900524 - 03/10/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

How did you create your liquid mycelium? From spores?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineSHROOMpimp
719 Colorado 719
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between the turntables...
    #3900544 - 03/10/05 10:45 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

actually, MY mentor had the exact same thing happen to him. he was growing EQ's and they were great, but then. the devil batch as we called it... it blued, but, absolutely NO trip whatsoever. AT ALL! it was crazy, i mean, a couple of guys even eat an EXCESSIVE amount, and nothing. no one could explain it, i mean, he has his methods down, and does everything the same way. he's an old closed minded guy who has the way he likes to do things, but it works for him. but this time nothing, he had several prints from that same batch and he grew those as kinda an experiment, and they were good like all the previous shrooms. still to this day it's the only time it happened, and no one knows why.

SHROOMpimp

p.s. he didn't use liquid cultures...

--------------------
:safesex: Just My $0.02... :safesex:

OfflineMages
Spaz
 User Gallery
Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: SHROOMpimp]
    #3900688 - 03/10/05 11:26 PM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I had that happen once. My first batch. I only got a few, so I gave them to a friend, and his girl took them and said they didn't do anything. Later, I raised more from the same syringe of spores, and tripped pretty hard. The girl was a titty dancer, and pretty hardcore with drugs, so I always figured she was so coked or stoned or tripped out already that she just didn't notice the effects with just a few shrooms.

--------------------
- Mages

Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed.
- C.J. Cherryh

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: Mages]
    #3900900 - 03/11/05 12:28 AM (19 years, 23 days ago)

I just temperature checked the inside of my dehydrator. The lowest setting, 95degrees, was actually 108 inside:( I searched some forums, and there is a bit of a debate on the potency loss caused by heat. The first two batches were dried in same dehydrator however, and those were potent. Still no closer to finding out what may have caused it. Keep the replies coming.

--------------------

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

#3903757 - 03/11/05 03:31 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I checked with some other friends today who did some from the same batch, only a few days earlier. They reported normal potency. So out of the 16 cakes I harvested, some had potent shrooms and some didn't. All were done from same liquid mycelium. Any ideas what could have caused the loss of potency??

--------------------

Offlinemidway
Stranger

#3903801 - 03/11/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Perhaps your nutritional content isnt what it should be. Youre using pf jars with low BR content maybe??
Ever since switching to whole grains, i get a knock-you-on-your-ass potency, to the point that friends are somewhat terrified to eat too many. :smile:

OfflineUnderhillmaster
The LemonProphet

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: midway]
    #3903914 - 03/11/05 04:07 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

All 3 batches were made with the standard brf ratio: 2/1/1 verm/brf/water. I actually have my first ventures into grains incubating now. But I am very worried because they were made with the same jar of liquid innoculant as this 3rd batch. I guess I will have to finish them up and try a sample at harvest. Any more ideas on the sudden loss of potency would be appreciated. I am still at a loss.

--------------------

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #3904030 - 03/11/05 04:44 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Yes, Yes, Yes! The problem is the drying process. When you harvest you mushrooms, dry at room temp until they are COMPLETELY CRACKER DRY! It will take a couple days or maybe even 3. You'll have 100% + feedbacks on Tai's forever. Trust me. Don't rush things unless you want more - feedback.

Edited by hotnutz (03/11/05 04:45 PM)

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3904065 - 03/11/05 04:55 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Through 10 years of cultivation, drying and consuming cubs I've found that they seem to go into a state of arrest during the drying process about 2 hours after they are picked. Then through the drying process the active toxins slowly return to norm again. It's some strange shit, but a fact IMHO. Let them dry completely before consuming if you want + feedback from all your harvests. I know i'm probably going to get some arguements over this; but believe me, it's the truth in most cases.

OfflineRevMax
Stranger
Loc: Earth
Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: Hotnuts]
    #3904228 - 03/11/05 05:35 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

hotnutz said:
Through 10 years of cultivation, drying and consuming cubs I've found that they seem to go into a state of arrest during the drying process about 2 hours after they are picked. Then through the drying process the active toxins slowly return to norm again. It's some strange shit, but a fact IMHO. Let them dry completely before consuming if you want + feedback from all your harvests. I know i'm probably going to get some arguements over this; but believe me, it's the truth in most cases.

So eating them in between wet adn dry is 's fine to eat the fully wet and freshly picked right?

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Re: I NEED HELP PLEASE.. [Re: RevMax]
    #3904240 - 03/11/05 05:39 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Yes, If they're right off the substrate. If not, forget it. Your only wasting them. I would always just let them dry at room temp and you'll never have a single problem ever. IMO dehydrators are an aweful way to dry fungus. Just let them dry at room temp for a couple of days.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate