Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

Myco Bag Question?
    #3899663 - 03/10/05 07:24 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Im using the simple Myco Bag Tek , Im relativly new to Fungus cultivation , But so far im exprincing great results with Peat From Wal-mart.,The Myco Bags im getting are a Grain Base with Verm. mixed in with the Subrate. I cold shocked and 3 days later Pinns. I was just wondering , My next bag is due to start fruiting soon and was wondering about Casing this bag in tupperware or just cutting the top of the Myco bag off. If i cut the Bag top do i need to put a layer of something on the top of the Colonized block or just chuck it in the Fruiting Chamber.? I have been seraching and really did not find a specfic thread on this question , Casing increases your yeild am i right? thanks Newbie

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Myco Bag Question? [Re: jsims88]
    #3899720 - 03/10/05 07:38 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

IME, casing it would yeild more.

OfflineSmokeyMcpot
.....ThaDrizzla..... *SKEET* *SKEET*
 User Gallery

Loc: on top
    #3899723 - 03/10/05 07:39 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I need this same exact question answered, you're a mind reader sims! haha

--------------------
"I have a sound mind, but I cannot seem to find it. Can someone please help me? For I seem to have lost my mind."
-SmokeyMcPot

"Yo, I'm Smokey and I'm the bomb. If you don't believe me then ask your mom! WHAT?!"
-SmokeyMcPot

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3899791 - 03/10/05 07:52 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I usualy prep my own bags and fruit once in the bag, reseal it and then break up the substrate flatten it out and case in the bag by slitting it down the length and near the top and bottom, an I cut, add my casing materials and reincubate it or a bit then fruit again, it helps to put it on some cardboard to add support for moving it around

Offlinejsims88
Teon?nacatl
 User Gallery

Re: Myco Bag Question? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3899847 - 03/10/05 08:04 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

your terms are a little confusing ,, Let me see if i get the right ,
Take the myco bag and cut open and then cut down the middle of the substrate block , and put the Casing mix in the cut and reseal the myco bag the incubate for a little while longer? do I need to open bag up after casing , like in the fruiting chamber.>? thanks for the replies//

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3899951 - 03/10/05 08:35 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

sorry,

1. fruit the first time in the bag if it's unopened, this allows you to make some spore prints that will be sterile with minimal hassle
2. after the first fruiting, reseal the top of the bag (vacuum sealer or fold a couple times and tape it)
3. break up the substrate in the resealed bag, and lay it flat like pillow on cardboard (ease of transport)
4. after the mycelium has recovered, make a cut like an 'I' on the front of the bag, one long one down the length, and a couple across the width, the long cut should start and end about an inch or 2 from the ends of the bag
5. sterilize and cool your coir/verm and then open the flaps you have made and add your casing materials on top of your pillow of substrate
6. return the newly cased bag on cardboard back to the incubator and treat it as you would any other casing.

if you are parnoid about contams, use a little tape to hold the flaps closed...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags