Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBenwa
Stranger
D'oh! A Deer. A Female Deer!
    #3898937 - 03/10/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Im considering doing some outdoor growing because it seems easier and more natural. Theres som lovely Teks I would like to try. I have a few questions. Is outdoor cultivation still legally "cultivation"? I'm assuming it is only if it is blatantly obvious.

And question number 2 is... I have lots of deer in my area. The bastards seem to eat everything, can't hardly plant any flower or veg without them eating it. Does anyone know if deer eat mushies? I've read of reindeer chowing on amanita.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: D'oh! A Deer. A Female Deer! [Re: Benwa]
    #3898964 - 03/10/05 05:08 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Hardly, but the mushrooms would love their poo! :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #3898977 - 03/10/05 05:09 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

It's only illegal outdoors if you get caught. Who's going to go looking for a cubensis patch? Very, very few people know what they are looking at anyways. Zero risk factor there.

Not sure on the deer, doubt they would be a problem.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #3899010 - 03/10/05 05:15 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Cultivation, when intentional, is still cultivation regardless of form. Then again, like you said, there's really no reason for anyone to think anything of it, unless there's a perfectly shaped mound in your backyard that you water by hand every couple days. Considering the way mycelium branches out in soil, it's unlikely that even a perfect patch will stay that way for long, although I suppose, if they really wanted to, the police could make a case saying that the shrooms in your backyard don't grow in the area naturally (if that's in fact the case).

I wouldn't worry about it much, unless you've got snooping neighbors. As for the deer- I think that they do eat mushroomsl, but I could be wrong. If you wanted to be safe, put down some predator urine (yes, you can buy the stuff- look for BobEx, bobcat urine) around your patch and they'll stay away.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineBenwa
Stranger
Re: D'oh! A Deer. A Female Deer! [Re: Holydiver]
    #3899044 - 03/10/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks for the replies. I figured outdoor would seem a safer (legally) and easier choice. I'll try to find some species that is happy in my area (the midwest). I doubt anyone would know what they are. Kind of like growing a few opium poppies in your yard. You could have a barbeque and invite the entire police force and not a single one will know what the hell they were.

The deer issue has got me concerned. Of course them eating my crop is an issue. But I live in a fairly populated area and we have a dangerous amount of deer (They get hit by drivers pretty regularly). I have no idea what a deer tripping its balls off would do or even if the psilocybe is effective on them. They're awful tame, Id hate for one to go berserk.

Also, I'm a pretty environmentally conscious guy. So I was wondering if introducing a foreign species of mushroom would have any ecological effect. I don't think it will. I guess if your ecosystem is going to be over run, might as well be a crop like shroomies.

Edited by Benwa (03/10/05 05:29 PM)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3899151 - 03/10/05 05:46 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Benwa said:
Also, I'm a pretty environmentally conscious guy. So I was wondering if introducing a foreign species of mushroom would have any ecological effect. I don't think it will. I guess if your ecosystem is going to be over run, might as well be a crop like shroomies.

of the cubensis varieties, no, the effects would be beneficial, with wood loving
mushrooms the effects would probably be the same as they arent going to 'infect'
trees and kill them like some fungi

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: D'oh! A Deer. A Female Deer! [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3899277 - 03/10/05 06:10 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

deer eat anything that they can get their mouth to, it doesn't matter what it is. I would look into some kind of chicken-wire or a repellent. The only repellent that I have seen work good is the homemade kind made out of some kind of peppers that you spray.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: D'oh! A Deer. A Female Deer! [Re: metasin]
    #3899529 - 03/10/05 06:56 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

urinating around the patch helps repel deer as well, clothes that you've worn that day, and soap will work as well.

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3899570 - 03/10/05 07:03 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

The urinating around a patch myth has been busted.. search OG

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3899610 - 03/10/05 07:10 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

really, I did it around one and never had a problem, it could have been some other factor though... deer are heavily reliant on scent and I know that most perfumed soaps do deter them.

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3899620 - 03/10/05 07:13 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

I used to live next to a state park where the deer were abundant. I can assure you that an alcoholic pissing on the bushes did not stop the deer from eating the bushes.

:cool:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3899634 - 03/10/05 07:16 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

hahaha... well, I'm in an area thats infested with them myself, of course I do have a couple of dogs that may be a contributing factor, the dobie just wants to play with them... last year my garden wasnt even touched... some critters are easily baited away from the patch while other need a repellant

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3899647 - 03/10/05 07:17 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

never tried soap tho
:wink:

OfflineMages
Spaz
 User Gallery
    #3900748 - 03/10/05 11:40 PM (19 years, 22 days ago)

Deer will definitely eat mushrooms. So will other crits. Shrooms are packed with all sorts of good nutrients they'd just love to have. Don't know if they'll eat cubies, though. I mean if TASTE were the only deciding factor, I wouldn't eat them again, myself. Ever.

--------------------
- Mages

Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed.
- C.J. Cherryh

OfflineDem_Bones
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oklahoma
Re: D'oh! A Deer. A Female Deer! [Re: Mages]
    #3900925 - 03/11/05 12:37 AM (19 years, 22 days ago)

you can buy blood meal it is an organic fertlizer made of cow blood for iron and nitrogen DONT put it in the patch but pour a line of it around it and deer and rabbits will stay away, also cubensis are native to the midwest.

--------------------
At the bottom of this page is a search bar to search all the post and threads on the forum so you can see all the other 500 people who asked the same thing.use the top search too it has shroomery approved FAQs USE IT YOU CAN DO IT !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate