Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebrewwhaha1
Stranger thanmost
to colonize your casing or not.
    #3898753 - 03/10/05 06:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A week or two ago someone posted a lengthy thread about casings. I cant seem to find it.

I know its common to let the mycelium grow into your casing for a couple of days before innitaiting fruiting and this is what I have always done.

I think i remeber the thread stating that the mycelium should not penetrate the top of the casing. Would it be better to just start the fruiting stage as soon as the tray is cased??

Any information on this or a link to the thread is appreciated. thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: to colonize your casing or not. [Re: brewwhaha1]
    #3898758 - 03/10/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

u definately wanna let it colonize for a bit, better flushes

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3898788 - 03/10/05 06:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You want to fruit it when the myc is just below the surface. You want to colonise the casing layer, not the surface! That can cause overlay.....

When its quite evenly poking through the surface, patch it and fruit it.... :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3899175 - 03/10/05 07:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i've got some wbs spawned straw that isn't 100% colonized that i'm currently fruiting. i didn't case it, just put it in the bin and started the fruiting process. primordia is popping up all over the place but i'm seeing a bit of fuzzy mold shit springing up too...maybe i shoulda cased. i sprayed the shit outta the whole bin w/ h202 water and i think i'll keep on having to do that.

i guess it can be done uncased but i might run into some serious trouble.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: to colonize your casing or not. [Re: TODAY]
    #3899232 - 03/10/05 08:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3899334 - 03/10/05 08:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy. When to initiate all depends on the aggresiveness of the myc. As was stated myc should be just below the surface when initiating you see this is very important! If you initiate too soon you will stall the myc during the casing run (wastes time and energy). This is where the fine art of pinning comes into play. Understand there is a transitional period between vegetative growth and generative growth and this transtion takes days to occur. optimally you want all the valleys colonized by the end of this transition, that is the perfect timing and depends on the vigor of your myc understand? GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation